Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
15mbqmv.jpg

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
I just received my Hamoriko that I ordered this summer, and I can't seem to use the Heron on it... has anyone used this combo successfully?

I'm using the 18500 tube with an AW button top 18490 battery. If I screw the switch all the way on it starts to fire automatically. I can back it off about 1mm and it won't. I was hoping someone else figured out a trick before I go cutting things.

Thanks!

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just received my Hamoriko that I ordered this summer, and I can't seem to use the Heron on it... has anyone used this combo successfully?

I'm using the 18500 tube with an AW button top 18490 battery. If I screw the switch all the way on it starts to fire automatically. I can back it off about 1mm and it won't. I was hoping someone else figured out a trick before I go cutting things.

Thanks!

I can only hypothesise that Hamoriko's 18500 tube is shorter than a Paps tube or his switch goes in the tube 1 mm more than a Paps switch.
I think Chels, the modder of Hamoriko is more appropriate to answer this question or anyone else having this mod may enlighten you further about the dimensions of the switch and the tube. Using a thicker O-ring in his switch might solve the issue maybe?

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I'm running my Heron on an Ant as well. Looks like the pin just needs to be shortened by just a hair.

My question is for anyone running a Heron on a GUS. Which finish matches the Heron best, the matte or the sanded?

My guess would be the sanded, but it's been suggested to me that the matte might be closer.

Calve

Fat Bob Squadron
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Sweet Home Alabama
I tried a Heron on two different Gus's

Problem I had and this may be just me, but, without the 510 adapter on the Heron, I found it EXTREMELY easy to over tighten the Gus. There is no "stopping point". First time I did it, I compressed the spring on the Heron, loosening the connecting pin. When I fired it, it shorted out and instantly got too hot to touch. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the problem was, but when I took the switch apart, the spring was compressed out of shape and loose.

Again, this is just my experience that I know of. I'm sure others do it with no problem, but I can't have something that is so specific in battery changes. One small error and you'll hurt yourself. Then again, it may have not even been the problem. But that Heron never did anything remotely close to that on a GP.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I got my GUS G22 yesterday. It's working flawlessly with the Heron. 500 mode, AW IMR 18490's, standard pin, no over-compression. I got a 650 tube as well, but I haven't had a chance to try it with my Panasonic PF's.

Before I modded another pin for the Ant, I did overly compress the spring & have a loose pin now on my other g-pin assembly. I'm not sure how you shorted it though. Even with a compressed spring, the pin nor internals can't touch the tube or short on anything. I do need to shorten the pin a bit more, but I need to pick up another spring before I do or it won't make contact correctly. It still works fine as is with no risk of a short. The wobbly pin is a bit of an annoyance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread