Heron on non-GP mods

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by endGame, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. endGame

endGame Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I've got a Holy Lands Ant on the way and I'm wondering if I will be able to fir a Heron on it.
    Any ideas?
    What mods are folks running their Herons on besides GPs ?
    Pics welcome, even though I'm probably hitting too many threads with this request...

2. endGame

endGame Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Word is the Heron fits the Ant with little pin modification.
    Still though, let's see what else you guys are running a Heron on...

3. jamesd1628

jamesd1628 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

4. slyphex

slyphex Senior Member Verified Member

Here is mine on a Copper Vanilla! So happy it fits, and it fits with a Kick.
    [​IMG]

5. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Heron on Copper Vanilla in Hybrid Mode....The Vanilla has 20x1 threading so it fits perfectly!

20140703_133616.jpg

6. slyphex

I just received my Hamoriko that I ordered this summer, and I can't seem to use the Heron on it... has anyone used this combo successfully?

I'm using the 18500 tube with an AW button top 18490 battery. If I screw the switch all the way on it starts to fire automatically. I can back it off about 1mm and it won't. I was hoping someone else figured out a trick before I go cutting things.

Thanks!

7. perseas

perseas Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

I can only hypothesise that Hamoriko's 18500 tube is shorter than a Paps tube or his switch goes in the tube 1 mm more than a Paps switch.
    I think Chels, the modder of Hamoriko is more appropriate to answer this question or anyone else having this mod may enlighten you further about the dimensions of the switch and the tube. Using a thicker O-ring in his switch might solve the issue maybe?

8. slyphex

Thank you for the link! I will go ask over there :)

9. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm running my Heron on an Ant as well. Looks like the pin just needs to be shortened by just a hair.

My question is for anyone running a Heron on a GUS. Which finish matches the Heron best, the matte or the sanded?

My guess would be the sanded, but it's been suggested to me that the matte might be closer.

10. Ozwald

I'll put this out there in case anyone else in the future is looking for the same info. The matte on the GUS tubes does, in fact, match the Heron more closely than the sanded.

11. Calve

Calve Ultra Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    I tried a Heron on two different Gus's

Problem I had and this may be just me, but, without the 510 adapter on the Heron, I found it EXTREMELY easy to over tighten the Gus. There is no "stopping point". First time I did it, I compressed the spring on the Heron, loosening the connecting pin. When I fired it, it shorted out and instantly got too hot to touch. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the problem was, but when I took the switch apart, the spring was compressed out of shape and loose.

Again, this is just my experience that I know of. I'm sure others do it with no problem, but I can't have something that is so specific in battery changes. One small error and you'll hurt yourself. Then again, it may have not even been the problem. But that Heron never did anything remotely close to that on a GP.

12. Ozwald

I got my GUS G22 yesterday. It's working flawlessly with the Heron. 500 mode, AW IMR 18490's, standard pin, no over-compression. I got a 650 tube as well, but I haven't had a chance to try it with my Panasonic PF's.

Before I modded another pin for the Ant, I did overly compress the spring & have a loose pin now on my other g-pin assembly. I'm not sure how you shorted it though. Even with a compressed spring, the pin nor internals can't touch the tube or short on anything. I do need to shorten the pin a bit more, but I need to pick up another spring before I do or it won't make contact correctly. It still works fine as is with no risk of a short. The wobbly pin is a bit of an annoyance though.

13. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Got one today and have it on a Titanide Themis 18650. The Themis has the 22mm top cap and I'm running the 510 connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.