Not open for further replies.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
♫ Finland, Finland, Finland, the country where I quite want to be.... ♫

Sorry.. ahem..

Hi!

I'm in a similar situation here in Denmark. I suggest ordering a bunch of Nic-Base from another european country and get into DIYing your juice.
The sooner the better, as prices might increase. But be sure to do it before Mai 2017. We might be ....ed by then.

Last edited:

funked

Sep 24, 2016
Finland
Ha! Thanks for the welcome and yeah, the situation in Finland is crazy right now - hardly anyone knows what the new Finnish laws on tobacco/e-liquid/e-cigs actually entail when they came into force end of last month. Apparently there's a transition period where we can still import liquids, but there are some limitations.

Been reading as much as I can about it and it's not looking good. Up until now, I normally pop back home for a few months during the year, stock up and bring them back to Finland, or simply order from a supplier in the UK. Now that I'm about to run out of liquid, I ordered a couple of 10ml bottles just to see if they would get here ok, and they did. But the cost of doing that (limitations on size & number of bottles, postage & packaging, etc.) makes it prohibitive in the long term.

So, what I'm trying to find out from folks in Finland is if I can import 3 30ml bottles w/12mg nicotine per bottle. There's a few flavours, which I really like, and would dearly love to keep on getting them. However, the law that came into effect means (I think) we can't import anything with nicotine and has to be labelled in Swedish or Finnish. But then other sites are saying we can't import at all and currently you can't buy any liquids with nicotine in Finland. Spoke to the only e-cig shop in this town and they said only from next year (Spring) that we can buy nicotine-based juice, but it's got to be purely tobacco-flavoured and has to contain 1mg of nicotine

Been looking into DIYing it, but that part is all new to me and seems a bit tricky, plus I enjoy those brands I normally get, but looking like I might have to start going down the DIY route if it becomes impossible to get decent juice here.

Thanks for link and all the info!

Reactions: gotch23

funked

Sep 24, 2016
Finland
Making your own juice is a lot easier then it sounds!*

*I would suggest watching a bunch of videos and educating yourself before doing it though. ;)

A lot more cost effective too!

Yeah, I'm fairly new to e-cigs (just a couple of years) and settled on a fairly decent device & a few brands (not sure if I can name them on the forum) of juice. So doing the DIY thing would probably have me set the house on fire :p

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Yeah... I feel your pain. It's a really confusing situation in the EU. All the countries have varying
transition periods untill the new legislation (TPD 2) has to be fully implemented.

What is allowed for how long will differ wildy from one country to another. That is also going to
to be true for the final legislation, as there is so much leeway for interpretation of the TPD 2 by
the different countries. Some EU countries interpretation of the EU Directive is so strict, that it
actually threatens the very existance of vaping in these countries.

Here in Denmark, e-liquid with nicotine has never been allowed for sale, but you could buy it totally
legal from another EU-country. Next spring e-liquid with nicotine will for the first time officially be allowed for
sale here, with up to 20 mg. That's great. What's not so great is, that it is very uncertain what devices and juices will be allowed, as each and everyone has to go through testing by the state. And the criteria seem... mildly put... outlandish. Nobody has a clue (at least i dont, lol), how they will be applied and what if any devices might pass.
It could go both ways though.
And it's next to impossible to get information on this legislation process. Very discomforting.

I'm digressing... I guess my point is: Familiarize yourself to the best of your ability with the timeline for the implementation of TPD 2 in Finland. When does what stage come into action? What changes are there at each stage? What is allowed/disallowed? Especially look into the rules for importing e-juice from other EU-countries.
It used to be the rule, that EU-law supercedes national law, creating a loop-hole for e-juice imports from other
EU countries. But all that is changing now.

And last not but least: Get organized and into the fight to keep vaping legal.
It's not over yet. There's a constant threat of more/new restrictions being imposed on vapers.

Reactions: Izan

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Welcome to ECF, make yourself right at home :)

513727mzfgbailft.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread