Hey guys, I'm new to vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan smith4748

May 2, 2016
I really enjoy vaping and I have two cigarettes left and then I am done smoking. I was wondering if vaping everyday like I smoke cigarettes will still be harmful? Like does vaping cause throat cancer, or lung cancer and copd and all of that? I smoke half a pack sometimes a pack a day. I'm doing 1.5 nic. I've done it before and plan to do it again. But I was just curious. Also, anyone have any stories of people that have problems from smoking and are doing better now since vaping?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
1.5 Nic?

Does it say 1.5% or 15mg on the bottle? (Those two are the same thing).

1.5mg would be super-low, almost free from Nicotine.

Many of us had health problems smoking and are much better now we vape.
That's why we do it. It's much, much safer than smoking.
Really... that's why millions have people have switched to Vaping. :) The money is secondary.

Good choice @Ryan smith4748

Ryan smith4748

May 2, 2016
1.5 Nic?

Does it say 1.5% or 15mg on the bottle?

Many of us had health problems smoking and are much better now we vape.
That's why we do it. It's much, much safer than smoking.
Really... that's why millions have people have switched to Vaping. :) The money is secondary.

Good choice @Ryan smith4748
It's 1.5 ordered from vape wild. One of the only places that lets you order 1.5 mg of nic

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Welcome to the ECF, Ryan! I can tell you from personal experience that vaping is much healthier for you than smoking. Smoked 1 - 1 1/2 PAD for 42+ years. Had my last cigarette in Jan. 2014.

Was diagnosed with beginning stage of COPD about 15 years ago, but still couldn't quit smoking. I've always done anything I wanted to without any breathing problems, and never required any meds for it. So I'm one of the lucky ones in that regard!

Doc said on my most recent check-up in March...that my lungs & deep breathing "sound absolutely clear". Said it's the best they've sounded for many years! I haven't changed anything that could account for that except...quitting smoking! I also got the news on my last DEXA Scan (bone density test) about a month ago, that I no longer have osteoporosis that I was diagnosed with probably 14-15 years ago. Cigarette smoking literally keeps calcium from being absorbed as much as it should be, to keep your bone density high. (This is more noted in women, but men can get it as well.) Again...my results were a direct benefit/improvement because I quit smoking! Doc even gives me a "thumbs up" when I tell him I'll never have another smoke, since my last one on Jan. 14, 2014, and that I've continued to vape instead.

Another thing that may be quite different from many people's experience - I'm taking part in a 4-year long, 3.6 million $ e-cigarette study being conducted by Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. During that study, members are not only allowed to vape anywhere in the Tobacco Cessation building where the study is being conducted, but are also required to vape to take part in certain parts of the study. So...if a well-known, highly-respected medical institution allows vaping in its building, has vaping as a part of its study, and has doctors also present and exposed to the vapor while people are vaping...personally, I'm considering it safe to do!

So, I'd say to "go for it"! I vape as much as I want, as often as I want, and have since Nov. 2013 when I started switching to vaping and getting off the smokes. I've had nothing but positive results because of it so far!

Ryan smith4748

May 2, 2016
Welcome to the ECF, Ryan! I can tell you from personal experience that vaping is much healthier for you than smoking. Smoked 1 - 1 1/2 PAD for 42+ years. Had my last cigarette in Jan. 2014.

Was diagnosed with beginning stage of COPD about 15 years ago, but still couldn't quit smoking. I've always done anything I wanted to without any breathing problems, and never required any meds for it. So I'm one of the lucky ones in that regard!

Doc said on my most recent check-up in March...that my lungs & deep breathing "sound absolutely clear". Said it's the best they've sounded for many years! I haven't changed anything that could account for that except...quitting smoking! I also got the news on my last DEXA Scan (bone density test) about a month ago, that I no longer have osteoporosis that I was diagnosed with probably 14-15 years ago. Cigarette smoking literally keeps calcium from being absorbed as much as it should be, to keep your bone density high. (This is more noted in women, but men can get it as well.) Again...my results were a direct benefit/improvement because I quit smoking! Doc even gives me a "thumbs up" when I tell him I'll never have another smoke, since my last one on Jan. 14, 2014, and that I've continued to vape instead.

Another thing that may be quite different from many people's experience - I'm taking part in a 4-year long, 3.6 million $ e-cigarette study being conducted by Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. During that study, members are not only allowed to vape anywhere in the Tobacco Cessation building where the study is being conducted, but are also required to vape to take part in certain parts of the study. So...if a well-known, highly-respected medical institution allows vaping in its building, has vaping as a part of its study, and has doctors also present and exposed to the vapor while people are vaping...personally, I'm considering it safe to do!

So, I'd say to "go for it"! I vape as much as I want, as often as I want, and have since Nov. 2013 when I started switching to vaping and getting off the smokes. I've had nothing but positive results because of it so far!
Congrats! That's awesome to hear! Sounds like vaping has really helped you. How much nic are you on?

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Welcome to ECF!

I don't think vaping has been around long enough to tell if it causes cancer. I don't give medical advice as I am not a Dr but my opinion is Whiskey is to water, as Cigarettes are to vaping. They are still trying to mail it down.

I've been vaping since Sept 2015 and the effects have been: clearer lungs, no tar buildup. I have a bicuspid aortic valve which has aortic stenosis...and I feel great! Smoking was literally killing me and I felt like garbage. I live on the 2nd floor of an apt building and it took some effort to walk those stairs. I do it now with no problems AND I work at installing computer systems and servers here in Chicago, IL. The company I work for installs 200 to 750 systems in two to three days. It takes a lot to keep up with the best physically, and I have no problems, bending, getting down on the ground, back up to my feet, and moving on to the next system for 12hrs. That is not to say the job is not exhausting, but in no way is vaping keeping me from doing my job.

I have Kreitler rollers and a road racing bicycle, and I plan to get on it just as soon as I get off my tail and install the digital system for recording rides. I do not see a problem riding rollers at this point. Had I been smoking - forgetaboutit! Am I ever going to be an "athlete" again? NO, but I'm 56 and I think I'll make it to the high 80's, maybe even 90.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    How much nic are you on?

I started with 4 little sample bottles in 2013 when I started vaping. 2 were 11mg & were baked goods/dessert flavors for 1st thing in the AM with my coffee vaping, and then after-dinner vaping (when I'd normally have smoked a ciggy instead). The other 2 were 6mg for the other times during the day/night.

Finished with any 11mg nic when I had my last smoke and never got any more. I've been vaping 6mg only for the last 2+ years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread