Hey Guys, New to the Vaping Game. Need Some Assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron_Phantom

May 6, 2016
Alright, so I just recieved my smok Guardian III epipe from slowtech. In a lapse of judgment, I had ordered a pair of Sony 30A batteries two days after I placed an order for the Guardian. So, I'm left without a battery until this thursday. To make matters worse, I'm moving across Australia this monday and I won't be able to get my batteries in time. So, while I'm on my road trip, I plan on stopping at my home city and buying a 10A Panasonic NCR18650GA cell to use at conservative wattages until I'm able to get my Sonys shipped out to my new address.

So, the main question here is, "Is it possible for me to use the 10Amp Panasonic in my 75W EPipe if I vape at a conservative 10-15W? Will it work with the factory installed .3 ohm clapton coil? Or should I just eat a dick and wait until I can get to a vape shop? (Note: I live in the Australian state of Queensland. Where all advertising and sales of e-cigs are completely outlawed. This Panasonic cell is, literally, all I can find until I can cross the state line to New South Wales.)

Cheers everyone.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Coil resistance doesn't matter when using a regulated mod, up to the limits of the device. Those Panasonic batteries will be fine at 15W but I doubt you'll get much vapor at all from 0.3 ohm coils at that low a power level. Better to use a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil, if they're available.

Vape?

ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2016
    Bribie Island, Australia
    Hi iron p,
    Don't have a clue, but someone will respond, just check in every so often. I sympathise with the lack of supplies in Queensland, started vaping early Feb, am a bit north of Brisbane, and there are .5 and one local online with a very limited inventory. I imported the whole shebang. Hang in, someone will come along.

Reactions: Iron_Phantom

Iron_Phantom

May 6, 2016
    Coil resistance doesn't matter when using a regulated mod, up to the limits of the device. Those Panasonic batteries will be fine at 15W but I doubt you'll get much vapor at all from 0.3 ohm coils at that low a power level. Better to use a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil, if they're available.

Ahh alright. Thank you for getting back to me. Sadly, I only have the .3 ohm and the .25 ohm coils that came in the box. What would be the maximum wattage I could crank out of the Panasonic? In hopes that I can get some sort of vapour production.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Ahh alright. Thank you for getting back to me. Sadly, I only have the .3 ohm and the .25 ohm coils that came in the box. What would be the maximum wattage I could crank out of the Panasonic? In hopes that I can get some sort of vapour production.

I wouldn't exceed 35W, 30W is better. Check the battery temperature occasionally until you know how they respond at that power level and the way you vape.

Iron_Phantom

May 6, 2016
    What are you using right now to vape with or have you not yet started to vape?

I have a 75W Single 18650 temp control Smok Guardian III Epipe that I just got in the mail the other day. It comes with a .3 ohm dual core fuse clapton coil and a .25 ohm stainless steel coil.

I've vaped socially before. Trying out other people's mods and learning a bit about the vaping scene. I've been on and off ciggies for the last four years. I'm now off again, but I decided I'm going to stay off for good. So, I grew some balls and ordered an epipe. I just wish I could use the .......n thing already.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    I have a 75W Single 18650 temp control Smok Guardian III Epipe that I just got in the mail the other day. It comes with a .3 ohm dual core fuse clapton coil and a .25 ohm stainless steel coil.

I've vaped socially before. Trying out other people's mods and learning a bit about the vaping scene. I've been on and off ciggies for the last four years. I'm now off again, but I decided I'm going to stay off for good. So, I grew some balls and ordered an epipe. I just wish I could use the .......n thing already.
    Well, at least you are not smoking right now.

Go out and watch some youtube reviews on your new pipe if you have not done so yet.

Your 0.3Ω fused clapton coil can only be run in power/wattage mode. The 0.25 stainless steel coil can be run in either power/wattage mode or temperature control mode.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    Fused claptons require a lot of power to fire up due to the amount of wire used in making them.

Youtube also has many videos should you be interested in seeing how fused clapton wire is made.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread