Hi all, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgy Girl

Oct 20, 2017
Hello fellow vapers! I'm new here and also new to vaping, so please forgive me for not being on spec with the terminology :) As a newby, I've been introduced to vaping with the Joytech Penguin, using 0.6ohm coils. I've had some problems with leakage which seem to be rectified now (operator error) and 70-30 juice (Australian) which has been really good. However, I've recently tried a new juice, purely because I like the flavor and am having problems with it burning out the coil. I think it is a 60-40. After a quick read through the forum, I'm thinking that this mix might not be suitable for those coils? Can any of you experienced vapers recommend a coil which might be better suited or otherwise advise me, please?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello fellow vapers! I'm new here and also new to vaping, so please forgive me for not being on spec with the terminology :) As a newby, I've been introduced to vaping with the Joytech Penguin, using 0.6ohm coils. I've had some problems with leakage which seem to be rectified now (operator error) and 70-30 juice (Australian) which has been really good. However, I've recently tried a new juice, purely because I like the flavor and am having problems with it burning out the coil. I think it is a 60-40. After a quick read through the forum, I'm thinking that this mix might not be suitable for those coils? Can any of you experienced vapers recommend a coil which might be better suited or otherwise advise me, please?
Hi and welcome,
My wife uses the penguin and the .6Ω coils exclusively.
Coils last about 2 weeks using approx 50/50 DIY liquid. (your 40%VG should be fine)
Higher flavour/highly sweetened juices will kill coils faster.
I placed a bit of cello tape over the external air intake (cover about half the opening) and that seems to improve wicking and prevents (some) debris from contaminating the coil.

Stop by the Penguin thread for tips, tricks and fellowship.
Joyetech Penguin

Cheers
I

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Hi and welcome,
My wife uses the penguin and the .6Ω coils exclusively.
Coils last about 2 weeks using approx 50/50 DIY liquid. (your 40%VG should be fine)
Higher flavour/highly sweetened juices will kill coils faster.
I placed a bit of cello tape over the external air intake (cover about half the opening) and that seems to improve wicking and prevents (some) debris from contaminating the coil.

Stop by the Penguin thread for tips, tricks and fellowship.
Joyetech Penguin

Cheers
I
Are those prescription or OTC?
(Sorry, I had to)[emoji6]

Sent from the future

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Welcome.
Factory coils will drive you nuts! Well, at least they did me. I was getting 3-5 days out of a coil and I wasn't using the heavy sugary stuff. Spent many hundreds of dollars trying different coils, tanks and etc...

Finally, after much prodding from the nice folks here, they talked me into building my own coils, WHAT A DIFFERENCE and sooooo easy and inexpensive!
Wish I'd listened from the beginning, but maybe buying and trying all the different mods, coils, tanks, juices, etc., is just part of the learning process.

Good luck. Everyone here is friendly and very helpful. You came to the right place!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. You've gotten some good answers, I do think it may be more likely to be a flavor killing your coils, not your juice ratio. Dark and sweet juices are known coil killers.

Building your own coils CAN be a solution and if you are ready check out the RTA and coilbuilding forums. If you aren't you can DIY juice, and that is in a subforum of the e-liquids forum. Or, you may choose to reserve that juice for another setup, or use juice that is less gunky. I think the penguin is pretty easy going so you may just be running into limitations of the equipment...

Best of luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome.
Factory coils will drive you nuts! Well, at least they did me. I was getting 3-5 days out of a coil and I wasn't using the heavy sugary stuff. Spent many hundreds of dollars trying different coils, tanks and etc...

Finally, after much prodding from the nice folks here, they talked me into building my own coils, WHAT A DIFFERENCE and sooooo easy and inexpensive!
Wish I'd listened from the beginning, but maybe buying and trying all the different mods, coils, tanks, juices, etc., is just part of the learning process.

Good luck. Everyone here is friendly and very helpful. You came to the right place!

I don't think anyone has successfully built on the Penguin deck yet. If they did, they weren't exactly newbies.

@Georgy Girl an ingredient called sucralose is probably your culprit. It's a juice sweetener that vendors add to make the vape taste so good. If you really like the flavor, you're gonna consume coils.

Georgy Girl

Oct 20, 2017
I'm thinking you may be right about it being sucralose. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks
I don't think anyone has successfully built on the Penguin deck yet. If they did, they weren't exactly newbies.

@Georgy Girl an ingredient called sucralose is probably your culprit. It's a juice sweetener that vendors add to make the vape taste so good. If you really like the flavor, you're gonna consume coils.

Reactions: stols001

Georgy Girl

Oct 20, 2017
I thought it was a bad batch of coils too. As did my friend who was using the same juice. We both bought coils at the same time/place.
What does RDA exclusive mean please?
I have a favored coil killing juice that's rda exclusive. Thought I got a bad pack of coils until I figured out the juice was destroying them.

Reactions: stols001

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
I thought it was a bad batch of coils too. As did my friend who was using the same juice. We both bought coils at the same time/place.
What does RDA exclusive mean please?
Rebuildable dripping atomizer only. Build your own coils or have someone else do it then just change your cotton for a few cents.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you all for the welcome and the great help, very much appreciated! I think I might just avoid that juice for the time being and stick with the others I've been using successfully. Thanks again :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Bet you received more information that you wanted. For some light reading you might like to check out:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread