Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
today is my first day of no smoking I switched to vaping. I'm still having cravings how did you all cope with it? I refuse to have a cigarette.
Congrats on the choice. Tips include hitting the vape as often as needed, increasing nicotine levels if needed, and eliminating temptation...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Hello and welcome to ecf melissa.
We've all been there. The hardest part is the first few days.
And you clearly have the right spirit to quit cigarettes. Just remind yourself how bad and harmful those cancer sticks are for you and how wonderful and delicious the flavors are that you vape. Try using higher nic juice if you feel you're not satisfied with the current nic level.
You can do it. And we're here to help if you have any questions.
Happy vaping. :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
today is my first day of no smoking I switched to vaping. I'm still having cravings how did you all cope with it? I refuse to have a cigarette.
Welcome to ECF!
baby-monkey-waving-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

I found that brushing my teeth a couple times a day helped, especially first thing in the morning and after eating :)
Be sure to drink plenty of fluids as well.
Again, welcome to ECF, we are always here to help :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
At some point you will have an epiphany. I remember my 2nd day, a Saturday. After 40 years of smoking, I had begun keeping my pack of cigarettes across the room on the kitchen table so that I had to at least get up and get one if I wanted to smoke. Well, it was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I had had a couple of cigarettes first thing in the morning but had resisted until then. Just out of habit I lit a smoke as I passed the table. I immediately realized that I had done that out of habit and I snuffed it out in the ashtray.

So that almost whole cigarette sat in the ashtray for a couple of hours, looking all lonely and everything, until I finally decided to smoke it. After I finish smoking it, I realized that it was no better than vaping, and I didn't really want it or need it. That was my epiphany. Two days later, I had quit completely. I'm not saying that I quit having cravings. Just that I learned that cigarettes were no longer needed to end the cravings. Vaping worked just as well.

Good luck.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
@Grimwald Same thing here. Had the cig sitting in the ash tray from the morning, and I had stuff to do that day. I took the vape. Got back home in the afternoon, and looked at it - hit the vape. I just vaped that night, no cig needed, even though SO still smoked a little bit. Next thing I knew, it was 24 hours without a cig. Now it's 2 years.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. I had it with smoking, too many years a slave and was glad to shake the habit. The more you, learn about vaping, (see below) the more likely you will become successful.
Might like to read:
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Welcome to ecf. What are you currently using and what is the nic level? When I started I used unflavored 24mg/ml nic. When I got an urge to have a cig I chain vaped on my Nautilus. You can do it if you have questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

Reactions: Opinionated

Melissa snedeger

Jun 10, 2017
Welcome to ecf. What are you currently using and what is the nic level? When I started I used unflavored 24mg/ml nic. When I got an urge to have a cig I chain vaped on my Nautilus. You can do it if you have questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.
I am on 9 ml and it is doing great for me. When should I go down on to 6 ml?

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I wouldn't rush it get used to the vape and you will be able to tell when to take it down a bit. I have been vaping 6mg/ml for I think a year now. I went down to 5 and I found I was restless. Went back to 6 and all is well now. Oh, 6 for my sub-ohm DTL and 10 for my MTL.
DTL = Direct to Lung
MTL = Mouth to Lung

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Seriously? Today is your first day and your already thinking about lowering nic? I personally don't believe you should be thinking about that right now. You need to vape and totally loose all cravings for a cig 100 percent first before that. In fact, I believe one should know in their heart, that even if they didn't vape anymore that they would never go back to smoking before nic lowering. There are alot stories of people who try to lower to fast and go back to smoking, so don't do that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread