Hi and......Desperation list.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeva

Mar 31, 2014
I hope you guys can help! I'm in panic mode!

In 2009 I started vaping and quit cigarettes entirely within 10 days. Didn't even touch a cigarette (analogue) for the next 5 years.

But, I spent a boatload of money to manage that. Back then the "ecigs" were the size of cigarettes and performance was iffy. That's where the "boatload" of money came in, constantly buying and trying different models attempting to find a decent throat hit. I ended up with countless useless ecigs, and out of money.

Then I discovered 'Ken's Boxmods". It was a small (~matchbox size) box with one li-ion rechargable battery and a 510 cartomizer. Great throat hit, perfect and affordable! All was well with the world.

Then in 2014 he went out of business, suddenly, just as I was leaving for the middle east. I still had my boxmod but I bought new batteries from a different company. The contact end looked different and the batteries didn't work. I was in a war zone and, having no ecig, started smoking cigarettes (analogue) again. First time in 5 years....

(I saved the last 4 batteries and 2 cartomizers I had from Ken so I could stealth/ghost vape on the planes and airport layovers through three continents).

When I returned to the U.S. ecigs had changed. I was not willing to AGAIN waste a boatload of money experimenting trying to find one that worked. Out of frustration I just said, "screw it" and kept smoking cigarettes (analogue).

Fast forward to the present and.....panic mode!

I'm leaving for the middle east again in Nov. Other than desperately needing to vape during the two-day, three continent travel time again, I will also need to vape at the destination. The smoking rules have tightened. There was already no smoking allowed in the barracks/bldgs, but now it will be in "designated areas" only. I don't know how near I will be to any of those areas, or how strict the rules will be enforced.

I'll need to vape! But, what to buy that will work in the conditions I'll be in??? I don't need bells and whistles, and I definitely don't want or need something the size of an APC.

What I need:

1) Throat hit. Without that it's useless.

2) SMALL. I need to stealth/ghost vape. I'm an average/small size female and I need to be able to hide the ecig/tank (whatever) in my hand.

3) Separate rechargable batteries. I won't have a personal (my own) computer. Just a mobile cell and tablet. (The videos also show the cute little usb charging cord so you can "charge on your computer!". Yeah. Right). Also, electricity will be unreliable and can go out at any time so I need a supply of charged batteries to swap out as needed. Also need a charger that works for both 110/120 and 220/240.

The videos I've seen of the current "units/models" available all show a LOT of thick vapor. I don't need that! I need to stealth/ghost vape (especially on planes)!!!!! Is it even possible to "ghost vape" anymore???? That was the ONLY way I was able to vape on all those long haul flights without anyone even knowing, and never getting caught.

There are an overwhelming number of choices on websites. Where to even begin? And I don't have a lot of time to waste ordering and waiting to see what even works or not.

Thanks so much to anyone that read this far, and I'll be grateful for any help/advice!!!!!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thank you for your service Zeeva[emoji631]

The smallest I have used is the Tesla Stealth which has an internal battery a nd will accommodate any 22mm tank. Next to that would be a Eleaf Pico which takes a single 18650.
For throat hit I would use a liquid that is at least 50% PG.
Here is the size comparison( L-R Smok Alien, Tesla Stealth w/Freemax Starre, Eleaf Pico Squeeze)
Hth
ac21915bf2ccc10da322cee28217a9b4.jpg

Sent from the future

Reactions: stols001

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Might look at Joyetech Evic AIO (all-in-one) or something similar. Has a replaceable battery and an internal tank. Not the best thing I've ever tried, but it's at least small.

eVic AIO Kit by Joyetech

Almost any 18650 mod with a tank sitting on top is not going to be very stealthy. Ghost vapor is going to mean higher PG and lower watts.

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
VapeNW has a store in Tukwila and it appears they still have iStick mini's in stock. Could be right up your alley and what you're looking for.

6hQeXTN.jpg

That's an iStick mini with a GS16S (both are from eLeaf).
I was going to say iStick mini too. The TC40W is a really really great unit.
But, my gripe with it became the internal battery eventually.
So, i vote Pico 75w and two 18650s in a plastic case. Some battery stores send a free case even if yu only buy one (liionwholesale does)
Good luck and happy vaping OP

Zeeva

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and info. I'll look up the specs on all of them.

Good to know about the PG% for ghost vaping (and low wattage!!) I used to make my own juice with only PG so I'll do that again.

I definitely need the replaceable batteries so I can have 4-5 charged and ready for when there's no electricity......

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Now for the bad news. In today's paranoid environment when it comes to flying, you may need to just bite the bullet and leave the vape gear stashed in your carry on. Personally, I would not chance being caught sneaking a stealth vape during the flight.

Zeeva

Mar 31, 2014
Might look at Joyetech Evic AIO (all-in-one) or something similar. Has a replaceable battery and an internal tank. Not the best thing I've ever tried, but it's at least small.

eVic AIO Kit by Joyetech

Almost any 18650 mod with a tank sitting on top is not going to be very stealthy. Ghost vapor is going to mean higher PG and lower watts.

What watt range do you suggest for ghost vaping?

Definitely don't want clouds of vapor. Before, I could just inhale, hold for a few secs before exhaling and then-----completely invisible. No (or almost no) vapor exhaled. Still got a throat hit though.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
What watt range do you suggest for ghost vaping?

Definitely don't want clouds of vapor. Before, I could just inhale, hold for a few secs before exhaling and then-----completely invisible. No (or almost no) vapor exhaled. Still got a throat hit though.

Well, if you use the 1.5 ohm coil, something like 70-80% PG and 8-10 watts, take a small draw, hold it in your lungs and exhale dawn your shirt...honestly you would just have to experiment a little with that. You don't have to blow clouds.

Zeeva

Mar 31, 2014
Now for the bad news. In today's paranoid environment when it comes to flying, you may need to just bite the bullet and leave the vape gear stashed in your carry on. Personally, I would not chance being caught sneaking a stealth vape during the flight.
I weigh the risks at the time and then take it if I think I can get by with it.

Just flew back to the States in Feb, still with my old 'Ken's boxmod' and 14500 batt. Ghosting works perfect with that and vaped on all the flights. I just can't count on the batts and old-school cartomizers to hold up through any more flights (they're > 3 years old) which is why I'm looking for something new, stealthy and reliable. Plus, I could still smoke almost anywhere outside then. Now the smoking rules have changed....

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Check a local vape shop near you. They should have a selection of the latest stealth vapes. Last time I visited the one here in this military town, I was surprised at the selection of small mods.

Smallest mod I use is a Billet Box mod. It's about the size of a deck of cards, so a little larger than a Ken's, but the tank is completely internal as well as the display. There is nothing external that will light up and the only thing sticking out of the "deck of cards" is a short drip tip.

There's a caveat with the Billet Box though. They are only available online. They are only sold on Saturday mornings and they sell out fast. Additionally, they don't come with drip tip and you'd have to buy a "bridge" to run a drop in coil in it. I have a Rat Black (virtually blacked out) and a two tone Billet Box and purchased a Nautilus Bridge from their website, to use common Aspire Nautilus 1.8ohm coils and vape at about 8.4W. Out the door (One Billet Box and one Nautilus Bridge and shipping), the cost was just over $300. They do sell blems and you could save about $50 going that route and they even may have some blems in stock. Takes about a week to get delivered by USPS.

As you can see, the Billet Box can be tucked in almost anywhere and it's very rugged. It won't disappear in your hand like a Ken's would though ... so again, check your local vape shop. OH, and no USB on the Billet Box, you'd have to have a charger for the 18650 battery.

21150127_466367560385835_3485343727622972530_n.jpg

21314816_468739670148624_5815350220513530990_n.jpg

Last edited:

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
I would probably bring 2 picos honestly, keep one in carryon and one in luggage, bring your batts on carryon, the damn things are so cheap.

A USB power pack could charge mini internal battery mods and be innocent enough to just be with your phone when youre not around electricity?

Then again i dont know if having a usb charge pack will raise eyebrows where youre going.

I have done a lot of unintentional ghost vaping above 10 and under 20w on a RDA

Actually maybe a pico squeeze is good. could hold all your juice in the body the mod that way. IDK, up to you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread