Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I hope you guys can help! I'm in panic mode!

In 2009 I started vaping and quit cigarettes entirely within 10 days. Didn't even touch a cigarette (analogue) for the next 5 years.

But, I spent a boatload of money to manage that. Back then the "ecigs" were the size of cigarettes and performance was iffy. That's where the "boatload" of money came in, constantly buying and trying different models attempting to find a decent throat hit. I ended up with countless useless ecigs, and out of money.

Then I discovered 'Ken's Boxmods". It was a small (~matchbox size) box with one li-ion rechargable battery and a 510 cartomizer. Great throat hit, perfect and affordable! All was well with the world.

Then in 2014 he went out of business, suddenly, just as I was leaving for the middle east. I still had my boxmod but I bought new batteries from a different company. The contact end looked different and the batteries didn't work. I was in a war zone and, having no ecig, started smoking cigarettes (analogue) again. First time in 5 years....

(I saved the last 4 batteries and 2 cartomizers I had from Ken so I could stealth/ghost vape on the planes and airport layovers through three continents).

When I returned to the U.S. ecigs had changed. I was not willing to AGAIN waste a boatload of money experimenting trying to find one that worked. Out of frustration I just said, "screw it" and kept smoking cigarettes (analogue).

Fast forward to the present and.....panic mode!

I'm leaving for the middle east again in Nov. Other than desperately needing to vape during the two-day, three continent travel time again, I will also need to vape at the destination. The smoking rules have tightened. There was already no smoking allowed in the barracks/bldgs, but now it will be in "designated areas" only. I don't know how near I will be to any of those areas, or how strict the rules will be enforced.

I'll need to vape! But, what to buy that will work in the conditions I'll be in??? I don't need bells and whistles, and I definitely don't want or need something the size of an APC.

What I need:

1) Throat hit. Without that it's useless.

2) SMALL. I need to stealth/ghost vape. I'm an average/small size female and I need to be able to hide the ecig/tank (whatever) in my hand.

3) Separate rechargable batteries. I won't have a personal (my own) computer. Just a mobile cell and tablet. (The videos also show the cute little usb charging cord so you can "charge on your computer!". Yeah. Right). Also, electricity will be unreliable and can go out at any time so I need a supply of charged batteries to swap out as needed. Also need a charger that works for both 110/120 and 220/240.

The videos I've seen of the current "units/models" available all show a LOT of thick vapor. I don't need that! I need to stealth/ghost vape (especially on planes)!!!!! Is it even possible to "ghost vape" anymore???? That was the ONLY way I was able to vape on all those long haul flights without anyone even knowing, and never getting caught.

There are an overwhelming number of choices on websites. Where to even begin? And I don't have a lot of time to waste ordering and waiting to see what even works or not.

Thanks so much to anyone that read this far, and I'll be grateful for any help/advice!!!!!

Something I haven't seen suggested here would be the JUUL.

JUULvapor.com

Crazy effective little device, lasts me all day on one charge (but usage will determine that), and it charges with a regular USB port.

You can easily have a couple of them charged and ready to go.

Easy to hide, I stealth vape in the movie theater all the time, and I've pulled off a few plane puffs as well.

It's a "closed system" aka "pod style" setup, and the pod packs come with 4 pods at around $15-20 depending on where you buy.

It's a high strength juice, using nicotine salts, and gives a GREAT throat hit, with relatively low vapor production.

Just a thought.

Reactions: stols001

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
In this case, I would suggest that Zeeva look into VAPEAVET.COM

they have a great deal on an MVP setup, as well as juice packages that they will send to apo addresses

the pricing on these is great for our military folks, you are paying for shipping only.

hope this helps

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not going to recommend a specific mod, as you've already gotten some great suggestions. I too would be leery of vaping on an airplane anymore, but you're the one who will be doing it, so I'd just suggest staying safe. Also, welcome to ECF, and thank you for serving our country. I think you will be able to find an inexpensive setup for stealth vaping. Even if you get a larger box mod, if you have a small MTL device you can just vape it at low wattages, and enjoy vast battery life. :) I like the Nautilus 2 for MTL vaping myself, the only real downside being the filling capacity, but if stealth vaping, you won't be using that much liquid anyway. Would recommend bringing a backup vape, if you possibly can, just in case something happens to your primary setup.

Anna

Reactions: HBcorpse

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
when Im in a situation where I cant vape... I place a small drop of juice on the finger and lick it up... the nic blast is enuf to quell the urges for a while.... start with small drops to figure out just how much you can handle, and I do mean small drops, just a smear... if you get the urge to have hiccups, youve reached the point of max dose :)

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
The eLeaf Ikonn might be a good way to go:

SW0ZCep.jpg

You can get it as a kit with the Ello Mini tank, but I can't vouch for how good the tank is. Any 22mm tank should work, though -- like maybe a Nautilus 2 would be a good match. I'm a huge fan of the eLeaf Pico mod and the eLeaf iSticks, and I imagine this one would probably not disappoint.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I hope you guys can help! I'm in panic mode!
Fast forward to the present and.....panic mode!
I'm leaving for the middle east again in Nov. Other than desperately needing to vape during the two-day, three continent travel time again, I will also need to vape at the destination. The smoking rules have tightened. There was already no smoking allowed in the barracks/bldgs, but now it will be in "designated areas" only. I don't know how near I will be to any of those areas, or how strict the rules will be enforced.
I'll need to vape! But, what to buy that will work in the conditions I'll be in??? I don't need bells and whistles, and I definitely don't want or need something the size of an APC.
What I need:
1) Throat hit. Without that it's useless.
2) SMALL. I need to stealth/ghost vape. I'm an average/small size female and I need to be able to hide the ecig/tank (whatever) in my hand.
3) Separate rechargable batteries. I won't have a personal (my own) computer. Just a mobile cell and tablet. (The videos also show the cute little usb charging cord so you can "charge on your computer!". Yeah. Right). Also, electricity will be unreliable and can go out at any time so I need a supply of charged batteries to swap out as needed. Also need a charger that works for both 110/120 and 220/240.
The videos I've seen of the current "units/models" available all show a LOT of thick vapor. I don't need that! I need to stealth/ghost vape (especially on planes)!!!!! Is it even possible to "ghost vape" anymore???? That was the ONLY way I was able to vape on all those long haul flights without anyone even knowing, and never getting caught.
There are an overwhelming number of choices on websites. Where to even begin? And I don't have a lot of time to waste ordering and waiting to see what even works or not.
Thanks so much to anyone that read this far, and I'll be grateful for any help/advice!!!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Juice: 50/50 PG only + 18mg.nic, No flavor/odorless/tasteless. The higher the PG the less vapor.
Topper: Any small pre built coil tank with highest ohm rating (approx. 2.0 ohm or higher). You will want to vape at approx. 6.5 watts or so.
Suggest call a B&M vape shop(s) in your area and explain what you need and see if they can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread