Unregistered Supplier
Jul 28, 2017
www.imecig.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to the forum. If you haven't started vaping yet call your local vape shops. Ask if they have someone who is an ex-smoker you can come in and talk with to help you start vaping to quit smoking. Many vape employees are just cloud chasers. I had my last cigarette after smoking 48 years before walking into a local vape shop 2 months and a day ago.

Reactions: redeuce

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congratulations on the new baby and welcome to the forum. There are tons of options and it sounds like this is a great time to quit. Are you looking for help on setups? If so, it would be helpful if you talked a bit about your smoking habits, if you have tried vaping or not, what you are hoping to get out of vaping (chasing flavor, mimicking the feel of a cigarette, or puffing large clouds, etc.) as well as any other questions you have!

I want you to quit smoking badly too! As does everyone on this forum, so please don't hesitate to ask questions. I don't think I would have been able to transition to vaping over smoking without the help of this forum, very seriously, so welcome, start reading (when you are able to be awake, LOL) and ask away!!! :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Oh, you're so kind. Thanks a lot. I haven't started to smoke e-cigar yet. Someone told me to start with starters.

OK. I think you want to decide how complicated of a device you are willing to put up with and how much money you are willing to sink into it. There are tons of options out there. It looks like you've made your first choice already - you want something that will get you off of smokes. That's a great choice! The biggest mistake that I've seen people make is that they think that they need a complicated, expensive, powerful device. That's not necessarily true at all. I would not recommend that you try the little kits that you see in gas stations or convenience stores that look like cigarettes though. They are very weak and pretty expensive in the long run even though they seem inexpensive at first glance. They tend to give a very unsatisfying vaping experience and they don't last very long. There are some rather inexpensive options available from My Vapor Store online. I've had very good customer service from them over the years and their prices tend to be pretty good. They have a decent selection but they don't always have everything. Still, it's a good place to start. Here's a list of their starter kits priced low to high:

Starter Kits E Cigarette

Check it out and feel free to ask questions about the kits. Maybe somebody else will chime in with another supplier's list as well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree with Listopencil and I think you could go with a lot of setups, but it can be good to start with something fairly inexpensive that is adjustable, as far as watts. You'll have to decide if you want an internal battery that you take out and put in a charger (which is a bit of a startup expense at first) or an internal battery that you can charge via USB. Many people start out that way, and there are so many setups to consider. I'd check out recommendations here and online, and maybe go to a vape shop to physically look at the equipment, which will help you get a feel of what you like as well as demonstration in how to use it (if you find a good vape shop). Then, if you want, you can buy online unless you want to pay for convenience and speed.

I use an Aspire Zelos as my backup mod and I like it. It's light, portable, good battery life, and adjustable up to 75 watts though you may not need that high a number of watts starting out. Most people vaping MTL (which is similar to a cigarette inhale, suck vape into your mouth, inhale, then exhale through mouth or nose) use less than 20 watts, depending on their coil, and so your battery life will be longer. It comes with the Nautlius 2 tank which is a great MTL tank. I enjoy the vape enough that I use it around the house as well, to change up flavors.

That said, there are even less expensive setups that will probably meet your needs at first. I'd try to keep it fairly uncomplicated, as there are many factors to deal with and having an easygoing reliable setup that you understand how to use is going to be key, and reading reviews and pinned threads and other's recommendations should help you get started. I have an Ileaf Pico mod that I like as well, also inexpensive. You are going to find plenty of options, it's just a matter of starting with something, and seeing how you like it. Some beginning vapers do want more clouds and to inhale directly into the lungs and find more satisfaction that way , but then you are looking at a different starter kit, which I don't have much experience with as I found I didn't like DL vaping.

Flavors.... tobacco or not? Some shops will let you taste samples for free or a nominal fee, so that is something to check out at the vape shop, and I bought a lot of my initial e-juice that way as I could find out what I was tasting before buying it.

Good luck, and happy future vaping!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread