Hi everyone, new to vaping with possible allergy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury67

Aug 15, 2016
I started vaping about a month ago, bought the Aspire mini nautilus kit, and a bottle of 100%VG juice, the first week was great once i got the adjustments right so i didnt keep choking myself. Then the second week i noticed i started itching below my collarbone and it progressed down between my breasts, and after 2 days it was a full blown rash/hives, red, swollen and itching like crazy... no fever, vomiting, dizziness or any other symptoms.
I have always drank about 4-5 pints of water a day typically, more if its hot outside.so i stopped vaping for a few weeks to see if the rash went away and it did. Picked the vape back up again yesterday and took about 5 drags and now my chest is red and itching again. it is only in the cleavage area and downward and spreads to under breasts.
Could this be a possible allergy? the doc last time on the first rash was stumped since its VG juice. but ive never been allergic to anything in my life and never had hives before

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I started vaping about a month ago, bought the Aspire mini nautilus kit, and a bottle of 100%VG juice, the first week was great once i got the adjustments right so i didnt keep choking myself. Then the second week i noticed i started itching below my collarbone and it progressed down between my breasts, and after 2 days it was a full blown rash/hives, red, swollen and itching like crazy... no fever, vomiting, dizziness or any other symptoms.
I have always drank about 4-5 pints of water a day typically, more if its hot outside.so i stopped vaping for a few weeks to see if the rash went away and it did. Picked the vape back up again yesterday and took about 5 drags and now my chest is red and itching again. it is only in the cleavage area and downward and spreads to under breasts.
Could this be a possible allergy? the doc last time on the first rash was stumped since its VG juice. but ive never been allergic to anything in my life and never had hives before

Lets say you are right. They may have used food grade or worse version of vg in the ejuice i ALWAYS use USP (United States Pharmaceutical) grade in.my ejuice.

Another possibility you may be allergic to one or more of the flavors

Or another possibility it is none of the above.

Reactions: Fury67

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
You might want to back off on the 100% VG for a little bit and see for yourself if the allergy goes away. Try some 50/50 for a bit and see what happens. And I would presume that you Vape at high watts also using 100% VG; back that down also. Might just be too much of a good thing as they say

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just throwing this out there it may or may not be the vg.
Years ok i found out vg would make me hack up flem so as a diy i started cutting back on the vg and it worked .Now vape at about 92%pg instead of the other way around.

Not saying it is the vg in your case but its worth a try to try the opposite and go high on the pg instead to see what happens.
That is unless your allergic to pg as some folks.
We are all different take peanut allergies for example.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just throwing this out there it may or may not be the vg.
Years ok i found out vg would make me hack up flem so as a diy i started cutting back on the vg and it worked .Now vape at about 92%pg instead of the other way around.

Not saying it is the vg in your case but its worth a try to try the opposite and go high on the pg instead to see what happens.
That is unless your allergic to pg as some folks.
We are all different take peanut allergies for example.

Also wanted to add "Welcome to the forum" as i see your a new member

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
well my coils are the 1.8 and i had the volts dial set at 3.3 which it doesnt go any lower
Are you getting much vapor at all? I'm thinking that 100% VG is quite thick, and 3.3volts is very low. SO I'm wondering what kind of vapor are you experiencing? Just a guess here but that might be too low Voltage for 100% VG and not much vapor action is occurring ??

Fury67

Aug 15, 2016
Are you getting much vapor at all? I'm thinking that 100% VG is quite thick, and 3.3volts is very low. SO I'm wondering what kind of vapor are you experiencing? Just a guess here but that might be too low Voltage for 100% VG and not much vapor action is occurring ??

Yea surprisingly im getting really good cloud

Fury67

Aug 15, 2016
if its an allergy, do a skin sample test... say on the inside of your elbow, put a small dab of juice there and see if it goes red and itchy... if it does, put some hydrocortizone on it and find another juice to vape :)

That my friend is a GREAT idea, so i put a dab on my arm a few mins ago and ill give it about an hour to see if any reaction, im now wondering if there maybe another cause and it just happened to coincide with me starting to vape, so checking into food ive eaten and maybe all this heat we have had...

Reactions: Dieseler

Fury67

Aug 15, 2016
ok so last night i put some juice on the inside bend of my arm, left it on all night and got nada... no redness, no rash, cant even see where i put it on, showed a friend who has been vaping for a few years and they said my VG is pretty thin and she wouldnt dilute it any... its 100% kosher food grade VG, and it contains 0% PG....so at this point im going to look into it being something else besides the vaping and that its just a coincidence that they happened at the same time, if i find out anything definite i will update and let you know, thanks again for all the imput

Reactions: OhTheAgony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread