Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

readfreak

Jun 20, 2012
chico
I bought a smoke 51 kit trial for $4.95 with a gift card that only had about $7.00 because I was curious about vaping.
after I ordered it I googled smoke 51 and found out it was a big scam. Fortunatly I used the gift card so it wasn't a
big problem plus I don't trust free trials so didn't use my real CC. I saw EFC listed in all the complaints and ended up here. After a lot of reading I bought a joye 510 mini kit because it was cheap and I was really sceptical. I have been a heavy smoker for 40 years and have tried everything to quit and nothing worked. Plus I like smoking a lot. So probably didn't really want to quit. I started using the 510 and loved it but the equipment wasn't keeping up with me, didn't like changing batts every hour hated carts and mostly used the drip method. I bought a pass thru without a battery and a box of fluxomizers and that worked a lot better. After about a week of that I noticed I hadn't needed analogs and hadn't used my inhalor and was feeling better, didn't have breathing problems. I never thought quitting could be so easy. I found I preferred vaping. I knew I needed better equipment but didn't know what I wanted and didn't want and couldn't afford to keep buying different kits. I spent another month spending more hours than I care to admit reading, researching and watching reviews, how to's and everything I could find. I decided I wanted a varible voltage with a tank. I finally made a decision and tuesday night I ordered a Provari some dct tanks and a couple of 3ohm SR cartomizers. It will be here on Monday. I am so excited. I can't tell you how grateful I am for this forum and all the wonderful people who contribute to it. It has really helped me! Five weeks smoke free and wasn't even trying to quit.

Pooladdict247

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Thawville, IL
readfreak,
congrats on quiting analogs! I think you made a very wise decision getting a Provari. I have helped several people including family and friends quit smoking. The first thing I ask them is "how long do you plan to vape to quiting smoking" a few say well whats the cheapest route. For those I recommend a KGO kit, 2 tanks with tank adaptors, 2 boxes of 1.7 single coil smoktec cartos and a dremel tool for the cartos. A few have come back asking for the premium stuff, and for those I recommend starting off with a Provari right from the start. If the Zenesis mod was easier to get Id recommend that but it like a kick at the beginning of its production, good luck scoring one.

I myself dont own a provari but am very happy with my kicked silver bullet and never having to adjust anything. Sometimes I debate throwing in the towel and getting a provari but then I just think about throwing that money aside for a zenesis product. Tanks are great but they still require fiddling with slotting/punching a carto with the possibility of having a few duds and still not getting the greatest quality vape in my opinion. Mind you its(carto tanks) all I vape on until I can score a zen product.
Ever since I tried a HH357 atty I knew I wasnt gonna be on the carto tank system for long.

Alot of my skeptical friends and family try to bash vaping saying well you still have a habbit. To those people I tell them I didnt quit smoking because I wanted to, I quit because I want to be around a little longer for my family. I love to vape and see myself doing it for a long time. When I think of the price of $200+/month on cigs, it wouldnt even phase me because it was just natural to spend that a month for cigs without question. So when it comes to a mod, especially if your only gonna have one or two, I think it pays to do your research and get the highest quality stuff available. The cheap stuff will just make you frustrated that you wasted your money.;)

readfreak

Jun 20, 2012
chico
Yea, I really happy with my decision and I wanted something really durable. I also for some reason really like the look
of the silver bullet I might get a silver bullet in the future as a backup. I also purchased a vivi nova and a box of phoenix's
I will probably need to experiment with a few different setups. I am going to try the boges with a tank. I know about having
to punch a hole in them. there are just so many different products it hard to know what you like until you experiment
with them. I intend to vape for the rest of my life. I not really interested in quitting nicotine. At least not now.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the ECF. I'm really impressed readfreak! You did your homework and are sure to have great success with your Provari. I had 3 other APVs when I bought my 1st Provari. Within a week I sold them off and bought a second one for back up. I just couldn't believe how much better the vape was with it. I will never need anything else.What tank did you get?

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Congratulations. My wife and I quit analogs December '11. We started with 808 configuration and quickly gone to ego. It's a great product and we recently made a change to ego c. Now we've added VV to our life. These are our stepping stones to pick each up a povari. Then the ego will be my "public" vape (work, etc).

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congrats on the Provari!!! I want one myself but it's not in the cards to spend that kind of money right now in one purchase. So, I'm still waiting and happily vaping on my Lavatubes. I love them.

As for tanks, I kinda like the Vivi Nova, got mine on Thursday but it does mute the flavor quite a bit. I'm vaping mint sweet tea in both my phiniac tank and the Vivi (for comparison) and they taste completely different. The Phiniac with a Boge XL carto produces much stronger flavor.

I think I may switch flavors in the Vivi and put some Pchela's Famous Five Layer it it to see how that does. It's a pretty highly flavored juice that's delicious so maybe it'll b just as good in the Vivi than it is in a Phiniac. The Phiniacs are GREAT! Only recommendation if u buy one - invest $3 in their "tank tool". It will make your life so much easier for filling tanks and changing cartos. It sits on top of the carto for filling and if you use it when switching cartos, it'll save your orings, which tend to get eaten up by the sharp edges on the cartomizers. :) the tool is under assessories on the phiniac page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread