Hi everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FogGoblin

Oct 17, 2017
Sharon, PA. USA
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am disability retired after driving truck for about 20 years. I have a wife and five children that I love very much. I've smoked like a chimney for most of my life and about a month ago I discovered vaping. This did two very important things for me. First it got me completely off of cigarettes and second it gave me a hobby. I am all about researching the mods, tanks, batteries, etc... I love building coils. I have a long way to go before I am any good at anything other than claptons though. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I am glad that I found you.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Congratulations on quitting.

Welcome to ECF.

My daughter and I have been vaping for almost 6 years now, after having quit smoking cold turkey almost 12 years ago. Each and every upgrade to our equipment has been made with the help and advice of ECF members. We use eliquids recommended by fellow ECF members. Since I am retired and home all the time, I am the "designated researcher" for vaping information. My daughter and I are tootle puffers (MTL vapers), and I have gotten some great advice here as far as equipment, pg/vg levels, and nicotine levels. When my daughter's boyfriend decided he wanted to be able to "blow clouds", I came here, and was directed to hardware that I could afford and that he is happy with - it was his Christmas present from me two years ago, and he still loves it.

Enjoy. Have fun.

FogGoblin

Oct 17, 2017
Sharon, PA. USA
That is very cool going cold turkey. That's how I did it also but I had help from vaping. I put down the cigarettes and picked up the mod and haven't put it down since. My wife quit at the same time but she doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm for vaping as I do. I don't think she'll go back to smoking but she's been telling me that she doesn't want to keep vaping either. I don't really understand that 'cause I love it.
I look forward to the advice and recommendations from everyone here. I actually found it while researching batteries. I was watching Mooch on a youtube video and he mentioned it. I thought why not check it out. I am very glad that I did.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am disability retired after driving truck for about 20 years. I have a wife and five children that I love very much. I've smoked like a chimney for most of my life and about a month ago I discovered vaping. This did two very important things for me. First it got me completely off of cigarettes and second it gave me a hobby. I am all about researching the mods, tanks, batteries, etc... I love building coils. I have a long way to go before I am any good at anything other than claptons though. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I am glad that I found you.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You can really sink your teeth into DIY hobby and with a family, the initial expenditure can start pay back almost immediately.
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread