• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hi from Abilene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kargonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Abilene, Texas
Good afternoon to everybody. Newbie here looking around the forums and poking my head in different doors to see what's going on.

I've been vaping a little over a week now and so far so good. We're having lots of fun buying all the new goodies that are must haves.

We're also hoping to see more and more people locally that have PV's. Unfortunately we've only seen a few up to this point.

Ya'll have a great day!:D

Bayritex

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
Hey there, I am in Anson! Glad to see someone from home on here. I was talking to Dale, the owner of Brew Net, about somehow having some kind of Vapors Group in the Abilene area, where we could get together every once in awhile and talk about things in person. New ideas are sometimes better explained in person. My given name is Laurie and I hope we can meet in Abilene with others of "our kind" soon!

Bayritex

Jul 22, 2010
Texas
Don't know how many on here live in Abilene and have been going to Brew Net on occasion for some supplies but I was informed the other day they are closing their doors for good. Thought I would pass on that bit of info. Hope we can have a vaping get together sometime in the near future in the "Big Country". I would love to meet and exchange ideas and experiences we have had on this adventure! Have a Blessed Day! :)

txteatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Texas
Are any Abilenians still around and wanting to organize?! :)

From my limited experience, Abilene is a pretty vape-friendly place. When I've puffed in restaurants and such on occasion, I've never had a negative reaction. LOL, I've even vaped in a few medical offices because the staff thought it was was super-funny. A couple of times, they've asked me to help them play a joke on rabid smoking Nazis, haha.

DebiMax

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Texas
I didn't know there were other vapers in the Abilene area! Hi y'all! I'm in Jim Ned territory! *waves frantically* lol, I'm just excited to know that I'm not alone in the Big Country! :D

Also, there seems to be a new e-cig store in town next to Fox Marketing on S. 14th... has anyone been there yet? I'd like to hear about what they carry and prices before I decide to invest any money there.

Last edited:

DebiMax

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Texas
Hey everyone! I stopped in Fox Marketing on S. 14th (they are the new e-cip shop in Abilene). I tried to give some helpful advice, the kid behind the counter didn't really know anything. They are selling eGo-T's and DSE 901's and some juice. I didn't recognize the brand on the juice bottles. The kid said the guy who runs Fox Marketing is just doing the e-cigs as a side venture, sadly, so I don't know how much research that did into it before trying to start up. Still, a good place to go to if you need supplies ASAP while waiting for stuff to come in from your usual sources. Prices seemed reasonable at any rate. Maybe someone else could go in and give us their opinion too?

pinezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Texas, US
Hey everyone! I stopped in Fox Marketing on S. 14th (they are the new e-cip shop in Abilene). I tried to give some helpful advice, the kid behind the counter didn't really know anything. They are selling eGo-T's and DSE 901's and some juice. I didn't recognize the brand on the juice bottles. The kid said the guy who runs Fox Marketing is just doing the e-cigs as a side venture, sadly, so I don't know how much research that did into it before trying to start up. Still, a good place to go to if you need supplies ASAP while waiting for stuff to come in from your usual sources. Prices seemed reasonable at any rate. Maybe someone else could go in and give us their opinion too?

I've been there, too. My review wouldn't be so great, the eliquid they have is umm..i'm trying to be nice...unvapable. I had really hoped it would be better. It tasted chemically and smelled chemically, produced very little to no vapor. The liquid they have at the tobacco discount store on S 14th near United wasn't much better. While it didn't taste chemically, it was way over priced, not too tasty and very little vapor.

I talked to a guy from Fox Marketing at the Buffalo Gap flea market where he sells the same eliquid and ecigs. He didn't seem to know very much. He was an older male. He couldn't really answer any of my questions, except price. He didn't vape at all the whole time we were there (over an hour) and when I asked where he got his eliquid from he just kind of mumbled an answer. Price-wise it was okay. Around $70 for an eGo-T kit. I did get a few bottles of liquid, though, just to see if the pre-mixed liquid was any better than the freshly mixed from their store. Ehm...nope. Same stuff.

I had previously purchased some of the liquid from the store on S. 14th. 4 months later I still had most of the liquid I purchased. I bought about 60ml total the first time I went. I had filled my cartos with it once. That's all it took. I don't know if they over flavored or if their nic was bad or what. The stuff that comes prefilled in those cheapy store kits tasted better.

I don't know if we just don't have a really good knowledgeable local vendor here in Abilene or not. If anyone knows of one, please please please let me know. My wife has a co-worker whose mother has to use ecigs (staying in an assisted living place and can't smoke there) and the local vendor she's been using has been seriously misinformed or is seriously misleading her. Every time she goes in to get replacement cartos they tell her each carto is equal to a pack or two of analogs. GRRR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread