Hi from New Orleans new to vaping battery charging qestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat price

Nov 6, 2016
hello as the title says I am new to vaping I had a short stint a few years ago with the cig alikes ect but i just picked up a pico a few weeks back and enjoy it so much i jumped up to a reuleaux 200s and tfv8 cloud beast tank. and have been off cigs totally for over week. I was a 2 pack a day 23 year marlboro red smoker. I am fairly familar with electronics and pretty tech savoy I used to compete in high end mobile audio and sound which reuires knowledge of voltage and ohms watts etc you have to know ohm levels and what the restaince would be when dealing with very powerful car audio amps you have to know what the amp draw on your battery is ect, so my learning curve is not super steep but still pretty green with these things

ok so for my charging question
I bought 3 samsung 25r batteries 2500 mah 3.7 v mcd 20A and numbered them 1 2 and 3 so they married together for use in my rx200s. When charging them on my nitcore i4 the number 2 battery which goes in the number 2 slot tends to charge faster than 1 and 3 dont know why. the question is, can I move the number 2 battery to the 3rd slot on the charger when its fully charged and put the number 3 battery in the number 2 so that battery and battery 3 will charge a little faster.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hey!
This is a common situation. I don't own a 4-bay but I hear of weird things on a daily basis... I think it can't charge all (3) at the same rate even when functioning perfectly normally.
I would just get them all up to charge and maybe rotate the one slot/battery around a little bit.
If the slot 2 battery is fully charged, you might not even need to put it into slot 3.

Mat price

Nov 6, 2016
Hey!
This is a common situation. I don't own a 4-bay but I hear of weird things on a daily basis... I think it can't charge all (3) at the same rate even when functioning perfectly normally.
I would just get them all up to charge and maybe rotate the one slot/battery around a little bit.
If the slot 2 battery is fully charged, you might not even need to put it into slot 3.
thats what I have been doing once bat number 2 charges fully ahead oa battery 1 and 3 I swap them I dont think it matters to be honest but maybe there is som reason it does just want to be as safe as I can

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
thats what I have been doing once bat number 2 charges fully ahead oa battery 1 and 3 I swap them I dont think it matters to be honest but maybe there is som reason it does just want to be as safe as I can

I'm no battery expert, I just buy good ones and charge them as responsibly as I can.
What I do feel though (in general) is that Li-ion is rumored not not need charging to 100% for good battery health. I take pairs off at 4.10v sometimes....
A good charger will slow down dramatically at the end... maybe this process helps condition the battery... but that's not how I read it. If they have all reached the same voltage and you put them in the mod, that's probably about as close as you can get.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought 3 samsung 25r batteries 2500 mah 3.7 v mcd 20A and numbered them 1 2 and 3 so they married together for use in my rx200s. When charging them on my nitcore i4 the number 2 battery which goes in the number 2 slot tends to charge faster than 1 and 3 dont know why. the question is, can I move the number 2 battery to the 3rd slot on the charger when its fully charged and put the number 3 battery in the number 2 so that battery and battery 3 will charge a little faster.
Although the Nitecore Intelicharger i4 claims to have 4 independent bays, the power is shared between two power sources in the charger. Bays 1 & 3 and bays 2 & 4 share power sources. The phenomenon you're explaining is common and normal.

I have the same charger and experience the same phenomenon when charging 3 batteries for my RX200. I just leave the batteries in the charger until all three batteries are charged. I also have a second married set of three batteries to use while the first set is charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread