Hi guys, is my Aspire mini setup old school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Borrego Springs, California
I've been super happy with my Aspire mini Pegasus with the Triton mini running Clapton coils
And even though it still works great it's pretty beat up and I'm out of coils so before I order yet another box of coils I just wondered if there's something newer or better
I still want an 18650 mod because that's what I'm set up for.
I don't sub ohm, I just like a nice comfortable, non-obnoxious vape... no clouds here

So what do you think?
What's newer or better?
Thanks!
Bucky

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Triton mini is very much like nautilus... by far the best MTL vape ever. You won't find anyone that says anything new is better then that for MTL I don't think. If so they probably don't have one and are just recommending what they have because they have it lol. A MTL RTA maybe a good future purchase if you want to rebuild, for the price of two 5 packs + wire and cotton you'll be set for years.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
If you like it Bucky, then it Doesn't matter if it is Old School.

But if you are thinking about buying something New, I would suggest maybe getting something that has an RBA Section. And Trying your hand at building your Own Coils.
Thanks, do thy have an RBA that is not sub Ohm? Like maybe 1.5 or something?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been super happy with my Aspire mini Pegasus with the Triton mini running Clapton coils
And even though it still works great it's pretty beat up and I'm out of coils so before I order yet another box of coils I just wondered if there's something newer or better
I still want an 18650 mod because that's what I'm set up for.
I don't sub ohm, I just like a nice comfortable, non-obnoxious vape... no clouds here

So what do you think?
What's newer or better?
Thanks!
Bucky
Do you mean Nautilus mini? I started on one of those and moved on mostly because I wanted to rebuild. Lot's of people still use them. After 2 years my brother won't part with his.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
What resistance is the atomizer?
Clapton coils over 1.0ohm would take a ton of power to reach their potential.
Thats alot of metal to heat.
Thanks, Triton mini claptons are 1.8 ohm, they seem to work great at 12 watts

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
What resistance is the atomizer?
Clapton coils over 1.0ohm would take a ton of power to reach their potential.
Thats alot of metal to heat.
Not always, they do make 28+/32+ non fused claptons. I'd guess thats what it is. They are recommended 13-16w so it's a tiny clapton sure.

Last edited:

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
@Cheallaigh is right. If your setup still works like it should and satisfies you, just stick with it.

Alternatively, @zoiDman is also right. An RBA/RTA is great because building your own coils is easy, fun and cost effective. May also be the only way to vape if nothing changes with the deeming regulations.

But if you still want to update your equipment and you're not ready to get into building, my best suggestion would be to get a PICO topped with the Nautilus Mini. Should be able to get both for under $50.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Do you mean Nautilus mini? I started on one of those and moved on mostly because I wanted to rebuild. Lot's of people still use them. After 2 years my brother won't part with his.
No it's a Triton Mini, I have the Nautilus mini and prefer the Triton's clapton coils
aspire-triton-mini-2.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

With a RBA Section, you Build the Coil. So you can put whatever Coil you want in it.

So if you Like 1.5 Ohms, you can Build a 1.5 Ohms coil and use it.

But you can Also try other Ohms by just changing the Number of Wraps the Coil has. Or Changing the Thickness or Type of Wire that you use.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - Here is an Example of an RBA Section.

4507001-4.jpg

This one is used in a Kanger SubTank Mini or Kanger TopTank Mini.

You put the Coil in and Secure it under the 2 Deck Screws. Then you Wick it with Cotton.

$22.99 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$13.92 Toptank Mini Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah alot of tanks have RBA coils but not all are MTL. Crown and Triton RBA for example both have huge airflow which you can cut back with your AFC but a true MTL RBA/RTA would work much better because you'll have more room to play with the AFC instead of just almost cut off all the way. Tron, Ego One make a 1 Ohm MTL RBA or Kayfun 5 and Merlin mini RTA seem very popular as well.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Yeah alot of tanks have RBA coils but not all are MTL. Crown and Triton RBA for example both have huge airflow which you can cut back with your AFC but a true MTL RBA/RTA would work much better because you'll have more room to play with the AFC instead of just almost cut off all the way. Tron, Ego One make a 1 Ohm MTL RBA or Kayfun 5 and Merlin mini RTA seem very popular as well.
Thanks, I do MTL. I have a couple sub ohm tanks with higher ohm coils and there is way too much airflow so they just sit in the closet
I like the idea of rba if I can get one suitable for +1 Ohm
I also need it and the mod mini sized for my pocket similar to what i have
Which one of those listed would be ok for that?
I'm not tech savy at this yet

Reactions: Cheallaigh

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks, I do MTL. I have a couple sub ohm tanks with higher ohm coils and there is way too much airflow so they just sit in the closet
I like the idea of rba if I can get one suitable for +1 Ohm
I also need it and the mod mini sized for my pocket similar to what i have
Which one of those listed would be ok for that?
I'm not tech savy at this yet

For an RTA that includes an RBA Section, the Kanger TopTank Mini I think would be a Good consideration for a MTL Vaper.

For a Mod, you might check out the eLeaf Pico. Very Compact for an 18650 Mod.

Reactions: RainSong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread