Hi guys, is my Aspire mini setup old school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
No it's a Triton Mini, I have the nautilus mini and prefer the Triton's clapton coils
aspire-triton-mini-2.jpg
The Triton mini is still my goto with 1.8 ohm nautilus coils, I don't always have time to play with my RTAs. My newest toy is the Myjet pod loving it too.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
Bucky if you are old school then I am preschool.
Started on evods and I jumped up to protank 2's at 7.5 watts and have stayed there.
I just found enuf to get off the cigs. That's all that I wanted out of vaping.
I have 7-10 years worth of coils and spares at least without rebuilding at all.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I broke down and bought another box of coils
I was shopping around for the items you guys suggested and it lead to coil making kits and paraphernalia and I took the easy way out

Nothing wrong with taking the Easy Way. In fact, that I look for ways to Do It Myself. LOL.

I have all the Coil Jigs and Spools of Wire and such. But I will use one of these Pre-Coiled Coils 9 times out of 10.

$3.28 Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (100-Pack) - 29 AWG / 0.3mm dia. / 1.4ohm / 12*12mm leads / 7 loops at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Borrego Springs, California
Nothing wrong with taking the Easy Way. In fact, that I look for ways to Do It Myself. LOL.

I have all the Coil Jigs and Spools of Wire and such. But I will use one of these Pre-Coiled Coils 9 times out of 10.

$3.28 Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (100-Pack) - 29 AWG / 0.3mm dia. / 1.4ohm / 12*12mm leads / 7 loops at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Wow thanks, now I'm back at it lol
So now I just have to decide on the tank
Narrowed it down to Kayfun mini 3 clone, Kanger Top Tank Combo, and the merlin mini

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow thanks, now I'm back at it lol
So now I just have to decide on the tank
Narrowed it down to Kayfun mini 3 clone, Kanger Top Tank Combo, and the merlin mini

Just know that Shipping from Fasttech (FT) takes about 2 Weeks to get to people in the USA. So if you are in a Big Hurry, FT Isn't the way to go.

Along with Coils, you will need some Cotton. I would suggest using Cotton Pads. Something like this...

$3.07 Authentic Muji Rectangle Cotton Wick for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack) - 90*70mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cotton Pads are Easy to use because you just Cut-Off a Strip (In the Direction of the Fibers) which is about 1/4 Inch wide. And about 1/2 the Length of one of these cotton Pads.

And I'll throw in a Vote for the TopTank Mini.

$22.99 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$12.34 Toptank Mini Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: David Wolf

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

I use those too! Takes too long to wind good spaced coils even with a screw, especially 29 awg. I have some 1.8 ohms that come in a little lower.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use those too! Takes too long to wind good spaced coils even with a screw, especially 29 awg. I have some 1.8 ohms that come in a little lower.

I'm with you. I have Hundreds and Hundreds (and Hundreds!) of those NiChrome 80 Pre-Coiled Coils in Different Ohms. And have at Least Five Hundred .32 Ohms Coils in SS.

Every Time I would do a FT Order I would throw 50 or 100 in the Cart before I would Check Out.

LOL

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just know that Shipping from Fasttech (FT) takes about 2 Weeks to get to people in the USA. So if you are in a Big Hurry, FT Isn't the way to go.

Along with Coils, you will need some Cotton. I would suggest using Cotton Pads. Something like this...

$3.07 Authentic Muji Rectangle Cotton Wick for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack) - 90*70mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cotton Pads are Easy to use because you just Cut-Off a Strip (In the Direction of the Fibers) which is about 1/4 Inch wide. And about 1/2 the Length of one of these cotton Pads.

And I'll throw in a Vote for the TopTank Mini.

$22.99 Authentic KangerTech Toptank Mini Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$12.34 Toptank Mini Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 4ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I"ve gone from the cotton pads to "Cotton Bacon", for me it's easier to pull apart and then just roll it with my fingers. I also have some Rayon, which did fine at first when I wicked a coil, good flavor (no new cotton taste at first) but then burned a little later. I think I might have had it too thin though.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I"ve gone from the cotton pads to "Cotton Bacon", for me it's easier to pull apart and then just roll it with my fingers. I also have some Rayon, which did fine at first when I wicked a coil, good flavor (no new cotton taste at first) but then burned a little later. I think I might have had it too thin though.

Just Me. But I thought Rayon was a PITA to use. I didn't like the Feel of it either.

Someone gave me some Cotton Bacon to try. It worked fine. I think Cotton Pads are a Little Easier to Use. But maybe it is because that is what I Learned on.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I'm a MTL vaper from way back. I still use my Protank II minis often.

For bigger tanks I like Tron-s or Ego One V2 with CLR coils. You can rebuild these or just use them like any other replaceable coil.

I also love my Kayfun Lites...I have 4 of them that I build simple coils at 1.5-1.8 ohms.

Bucky Goldstein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Borrego Springs, California
Well I bought a pico/melo 3 combo, a tobeco kayfun mini 3, some premade coils, cotton and a box of triton claptons to hold me over until I figure this all out lol
And to think I was gonna quit vaping on new years :D

Oh yeah here's a question... I use 80/20 pg/vg which is kinda opposite of everybody else I guess
I also make my juice 14mg nicotine which has been making me dizzy now that I have been kinda hitting more directly into my lungs than before
I'm gonna turn down the nictotine a bit, should I change my ratio of pg/vg as well?

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well I bought a pico/melo 3 combo, a tobeco kayfun mini 3, some premade coils, cotton and a box of triton claptons to hold me over until I figure this all out lol
And to think I was gonna quit vaping on new years :D

Oh yeah here's a question... I use 80/20 pg/vg which is kinda opposite of everybody else I guess
I also make my juice 14mg nicotine which has been making me dizzy now that I have been kinda hitting more directly into my lungs than before
I'm gonna turn down the nictotine a bit, should I change my ratio of pg/vg as well?

If you like High PG, I would stay with it. And just Lower the Nicotine mg/ml.

I like to Only make 1 Change at a Time, if possible. That way if I like it, or if I Don't Like it, I kinda know what the Cause is. If I Change a Bunch of Stuff at the same time, sometimes it is hard to know what to Fix if something is Broken.

Reactions: mattiem

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread