Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Evic VTC mini is good.
The Tron tank is good also.
Either you smoked a pack a day or you smoked "a lot".....
If it was a pack a day, 12mg is a great starting level.
I would choose the 1.0ohm atomizers (coils) and run it about 14-16 watts.

(Not that I did that today or anything you understand.... :) )

kareem rawas

Dec 23, 2015
The Evic VTC mini is good.
The Tron tank is good also.
Either you smoked a pack a day or you smoked "a lot".....
If it was a pack a day, 12mg is a great starting level.
I would choose the 1.0ohm atomizers (coils) and run it about 14-16 watts.

(Not that I did that today or anything you understand.... :) )
14-16 watts, here i am think that i will run it on 45w and feel it is underpowered, and a pack a day isnt a lot, btw being on a tight budget, is getting a battery charger that important?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

14-16 watts, here i am think that i will run it on 45w and feel it is underpowered, and a pack a day isnt a lot, btw being on a tight budget, is getting a battery charger that important?
Welcome to ecf.
The evic runs on independant batteries that are removable. Charging them while still inside the battery made be convenient, but will wear them out and may even damage them if that is the only way you charge. Buying a battery charger is not expensive. You can get one with 2 bays for around $14-15. Safety first is always a good rule to follow.
:)

Nightmike

Mar 30, 2016
Evic vtc mini is a good kit.
Eleaf pico should be a cheaper option and i think the best bang for the buck.
get an external charger and don't skimp on batteries.
Samsung, sony or LG see mooch for more info.
Your first goto eliquid can make life much easier if you have a brick and mortar store you can sample take advantage of this.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Hi kareem. In choosing a nicotine level much depends on whether you inhale your vape mouth to lung (MTL) or directly into your lungs from the device. I smoked about 25 cigarettes a day MTL and started vaping with 18 and 24 mg juice. One thing to be aware of is that nicotine from vaping takes about 10 times longer to get into your bloodstream than nicotine from cigarette smoke. So a quick 3 minute smoke will satisfy a craving that might take 30 minutes of vaping. If you have more than one tank you may want to have a couple strengths available when making the changeover. Have since dropped to 10 mg but when first quitting IMO it is most important to stay nic'd up and keep cravings to a minimum until you get confidence and comfortable that vaping can totally replace cigarettes in your life.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Well, you are swimming in the wrong direction.... I can't help you.
I doubt those atomizers can do 45 watts, it's not necessary and you will need lower nicotine liquid.
Good luck though. Not smoking is the real goal.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
i will get into vaping soon, and quiting smoking a pack a day, is the evic vtc mini with tron mod, the best choice for under $70, and is 12mg nicotine level, good enough for someone who smokes a lot (i smoked parliament night blue) and i hope vaping would keep me off of smoking, and ill be active in this forum soon.

Welcome to ECF and congrats on deciding to quit the cigs. :thumb:

One tip I would give you is to buy a few different nicotine strength liquids to find what level best suits you to stop your cravings. When I first made the switch I needed a quite high nicotine strength to stop the cravings but over time I have been able to lower it more and more but it is differant for everyone. So don't get disheartened if you don't get it right straight away just keep experimenting untill you find what works for you.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The evic runs on independant batteries that are removable. Charging them while still inside the battery made be convenient, but will wear them out and may even damage them if that is the only way you charge. Buying a battery charger is not expensive. You can get one with 2 bays for around $14-15. Safety first is always a good rule to follow.
Charging batteries with a built-in onboard USB charger is convenient to some folks, but most of us prefer using a separate external charger. For one thing, I don't necessarily trust that a Chinese manufacturer knows what the best charger is to use, and I don't trust that some might skimp on the quality of the charger to cut down on production costs (it happens). The weak link with an onboard charger is at the USB connection, which is prone to wear and tear with daily use.

I like to choose the charger that will charge my precious batteries. External chargers offer a lot of useful features. Statistically, most battery "incidents" occur while charging, and I'd rather my battery incidents occur in an external charger than in my precious mod. Skimping on a charger is like skimping on batteries. Just don't do it.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands; suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, discusses what independent charging bays are, LED and Liquid Crystal Display models, and "smart chargers".

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Last edited:

Hercules

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2016
Charging batteries with a built-in onboard USB charger is convenient to some folks, but most of us prefer using a separate external charger. For one thing, I don't necessarily trust that a Chinese manufacturer knows what the best charger is to use, and I don't trust that some might skimp on the quality of the charger to cut down on production costs (it happens). The weak link with an onboard charger is at the USB connection, which is prone to wear and tear with daily use.

I like to choose the charger that will charge my precious batteries. External chargers offer a lot of useful features. Statistically, most battery "incidents" occur while charging, and I'd rather my battery incidents occur in an external charger than in my precious mod. Skimping on a charger is like skimping on batteries. Just don't do it.

Great points about having a separate charger. I need to get one as I was relying on my mod's USB for charging. Thanks..

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Great points about having a separate charger. I need to get one as I was relying on my mod's USB for charging. Thanks..
Charging externally and having extra batteries was a game changer in my vaping satisfaction. The charger only cost me about $20 and it was worth it.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands; suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, discusses what independent charging bays are, LED and Liquid Crystal Display models, and "smart chargers".

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
    • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
    At $10, my battery cell is not all that "precious". I have an external charger and hardly ever use it. The mod's charger is faster -- which makes sense because the mod's charger is for 25A batteries only where the charger is universal.

According to what I know about lithium cells from those using them in vehicles, the big factor in extending cell life is avoiding full discharge or full charging either. It should stay between 30% and 80% of capacity and shouldn't be charged above 4.1 preferably 4.0 V. Whether an external charger or using the built-in one helps you do this will vary. Often it may be considered more important to get a full charge so it doesn't run out on you during the day, however.

The USB plug can wear out, but the majority of lithium batteries in the world -- cell phones, etc. -- are now being charged through them. I'm not saying (better) external chargers can't be better, but that the built-in chargers are adequate.

Last edited:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    trust me, I can drain mine fast when road raging... since my devices end up in the cupholders in either truck while charging for both ease of use and because it's close to the cables... the bouncing(we're rural a lot roads are decreptive paved or dirt) and movement is ruining the usb port. I never try to fully kill or charge batteries, just those half hour drives to town to get part are the best times to charge again.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Welcome and glad you joined.
    Might like to read:
    Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
    ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
    One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
    Beginner – Guide To Vaping
    http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
    (10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
    (1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
    (4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum
    I have a Eleaf istick 40TC and vape around 6.6w. It comes with a built in battery and it still runs like the day I bought it 14 months ago. My start button is almost solid brass now. This mod is cost effective and I use it for non sub ohm ing.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    At $10, my battery cell is not all that "precious". I have an external charger and hardly ever use it. The mod's charger is faster -- which makes sense because the mod's charger is for 25A batteries only where the charger is universal.

According to what I know about lithium cells from those using them in vehicles, the big factor in extending cell life is avoiding full discharge or full charging either. It should stay between 30% and 80% of capacity and shouldn't be charged above 4.1 preferably 4.0 V. Whether an external charger or using the built-in one helps you do this will vary. Often it may be considered more important to get a full charge so it doesn't run out on you during the day, however.

The USB plug can wear out, but the majority of lithium batteries in the world -- cell phones, etc. -- are now being charged through them. I'm not saying (better) external chargers can't be better, but that the built-in chargers are adequate.
    I must of missed something.....the OP was referencing an Evic VTC mini which has external batteries that can be removed from the mod, not internal batteries that cannot be removed. Obviously, mods with non-removable internal batteries can only be charged via usb ports, but that was not the OP's question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread