Hi guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreksrl

Oct 20, 2016
Hi guys I am Shrek.as I am a new vape smoker.i just started a month ago in September.i will need a guide to use all different coils which I got in my smok tfv8 tank kit.i have a doubt for my tank.when I use my tank at around 120 Watts.it gets too hot.even the glass of my tank gets hot.is it normal for it to get this hot.as it can go around 260 watt max on smok tfv8 t8-v8 octuple coils.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi guys I am Shrek.as I am a new vape smoker.i just started a month ago in September.i will need a guide to use all different coils which I got in my smok tfv8 tank kit.i have a doubt for my tank.when I use my tank at around 120 Watts.it gets too hot.even the glass of my tank gets hot.is it normal for it to get this hot.as it can go around 260 watt max on smok tfv8 t8-v8 octuple coils.

Bumping this to see if we can get you some help with your smok tfv8 tank kit :)

Welcome to ECF!

Reactions: Shreksrl

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
when I use my tank at around 120 Watts.it gets too hot.even the glass of my tank gets hot.is it normal for it to get this hot.as it can go around 260 watt max on smok tfv8 t8-v8 octuple coils.
At that power setting, yeah that's normal for the tank to get hot. The heating coil is in the tank, after all. The coils get pretty hot, and that heat is going to transfer to other parts of the tank, especially with frequent draws in a period of time.

Any reason why you're vaping at 160 watts? Just because your mod can allegedly put out 260 watts, that doesn't mean you're obliged to use that high wattage. I'd try some lower power settings if I were you.

I have a 200 watt RX200, but I vape at only 30 watts.

I did a Google search for you.
Recommended power settings for the V8-T8 coils:

V8-T8 Octuple Coil

• Patented Octuple Coil Design
  • Turbo: 6.6T
  • 0.15ohm rated for 50~260W, recommended 120~180W
V8-T6 Sextuple Coil

• Patented Sextuple Coil Design
  • Turbo: 6.0T
  • 0.2ohm rated for 50~240W, recommended 110~150W
V8-Q4 Quadruple Coil

• Patented Quadruple Coil Design
  • Turbo: 5.0T
  • 0.15ohm rated for 50~180W, recommended 90~150W
V8-X4 Quadruple Coil

• Double-Barrel Pistol Design
  • CF Mate (Cloud & Flavor Balance Core)
  • Turbo: 4.0T-X
  • 0.15ohm rated 60~150W, recommended 80~120W

Last edited:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Shrek, lord you do like jumping in with both those big green feet don't you, in other words what you've purchased is a cloud beast so good luck with it. You've not mentioned which setup you are actually using with that tank. I had a RTA which I put large clapton coils in, in spite of there being very little space to do so but I got them squeezed in and not shorting/touching anything. However the problem was they needed so much power, had so long a ramp up time, and were so close to the metal housing that yes the whole tank started getting too hot too quickly. That build got ditched in lieu of a smaller simple wire one which worked better anyway.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
However the problem was they needed so much power, had so long a ramp up time, and were so close to the metal housing that yes the whole tank started getting too hot too quickly. That build got ditched in lieu of a smaller simple wire one which worked better anyway.

As of tonight (now) I have given up using Clapton coils.
Ripped them out of both my Sapor & Velocity and gone back to plain 'vanilla' 1.0ohm coils (0.45 or so dual, depending on leg length etc.).
The Sapor was like a furnace at 50w and I don't even vape at 50w. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread