Hi, Hello - How are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimco1

Dec 8, 2016
Vermont
Hi everyone, new member (about two second ago) also new to vaping. I made an easy transition from smoking to vaping about two months ago. After 39 years of smoke, I became a vaper in two days...? I really, really wish my health care provider had expressed this as an option for me to quitting. I can't believe how easy and smooth this was to quit. Also important, the local vape store set me up with a good starter pen/kit and info, to begin with.

Cheers!

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Hi, and welcome. We're working on health care providers. Cramming data down their throats sometimes. I can say as I can do much in regards to the US, but Health Canada has got me in their email in basket a few times. LOL.
The key to vaping being taken seriously is sending emails. LOTS of emails. Both to state (provincial) and federal officials. Once we get Health officials to separate vaping from tobacco, and admit that nicotine is not the demon it has been portrayed to be for the last 50 years, they will come around. Now nicotine is not 100% safe and does have side effects, but it is not a cancer causing agent, like burning tobacco smoke is. (well the hundreds of chemicals IN the tobacco smoke).

Keep rubbing it in your Doctors nose, every time you see him, about how you vape and no longer smoke. How you feel better and breathe easier and don't feel like you are going to have a heart attack from tying your shoes. And THEN ask why he didn't tell you about it years ago. Isn't it HIS job to KNOW about these things? One would think Doctors would be all over investigating vaping as harm reduction.

Also, the more we call BS! on false "scientific studies and findings" the more embarrassment we can cause those groups fabricating such data.

dimco1

Dec 8, 2016
Vermont
Thanks for the welcomes - I'm interested in a lot of different aspects of vaping. I usually need to take things apart to understand them. Sometimes - this can border on obsession for me. I have just purchased an entry level mini box mod. 3mg juice is on it's way, will be experimenting with 1.2 and .5 ssocc coils to transition myself out of 18mg juice and mouth to lung hits. I'm also excited to begin work on perfecting mini rba coils for this device!

Our local shop is good and has at least one counter person who knows his stuff. But, IMO, they are super expensive (being the only shop in immediate area). I try to support them with a purchase or two each month but they are nearly twice the price for devices, coils and juice vs online prices. One '5 pack' of my pen coils is $20 locally. I now get them on ebay, 10 at a time for the same price - free shipping. All this being said, I'm glad that I started locally and paid a premium price. They set me up and everything worked, I quit smoking!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everyone, new member (about two second ago) also new to vaping. I made an easy transition from smoking to vaping about two months ago. After 39 years of smoke, I became a vaper in two days...? I really, really wish my health care provider had expressed this as an option for me to quitting. I can't believe how easy and smooth this was to quit. Also important, the local vape store set me up with a good starter pen/kit and info, to begin with.

Cheers!

Hi dimco1. Welcome to the ECF.

I'm doing OK today. Feeling a little tired. But it is a Good Tired. I rode 37.1 Miles yesterday in just under 2 Hours and 20 Minutes.

Funny how 6 years when I smoked, I was starting to get winded when I walked up 3 flights of Stairs. And today I am Passing people on my Bike. Many are 1/2 my Age.

LOL.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi dimco1. Welcome to the ECF.

I'm doing OK today. Feeling a little tired. But it is a Good Tired. I rode 37.1 Miles yesterday in just under 2 Hours and 20 Minutes.

Funny how 6 years when I smoked, I was starting to get winded when I walked up 3 flights of Stairs. And today I am Passing people on my Bike. Many are 1/2 my Age.

LOL.
    Impressive! Must have a great seat on the bike! I'd be swimming for exercise in Cali. Ya can ride a bike in Nebraska.

Reactions: zoiDman

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
    Thanks for the welcomes - I'm interested in a lot of different aspects of vaping. I usually need to take things apart to understand them. Sometimes - this can border on obsession for me. I have just purchased an entry level mini box mod. 3mg juice is on it's way, will be experimenting with 1.2 and .5 ssocc coils to transition myself out of 18mg juice and mouth to lung hits. I'm also excited to begin work on perfecting mini rba coils for this device!

Our local shop is good and has at least one counter person who knows his stuff. But, IMO, they are super expensive (being the only shop in immediate area). I try to support them with a purchase or two each month but they are nearly twice the price for devices, coils and juice vs online prices. One '5 pack' of my pen coils is $20 locally. I now get them on ebay, 10 at a time for the same price - free shipping. All this being said, I'm glad that I started locally and paid a premium price. They set me up and everything worked, I quit smoking!
    Grats on quitting. Just remember your local B&M when you need batteries and stuff. I buy my cotton, juice and batteries locally. Most of my mods as well. Clones and tools I buy from fasttech and wire from kidneypuncher (250 foot spools are about 2x the price of a 30 foot spool locally. lol) But I do like to keep my day to day purchases local. Shop owner gotta eat too, right? And the expert advice is worth paying a little more for at the register.
    Curious about you going 3mg from 18mg though. 3mg is fine for RDAs but i find tanks produce less vapor so need higher mg while you are in the process of reducing your nicotine. After 8 months I vape 3mg in my tank too, without cravings. But then, I vape much less than I used to. I even use 0mg for cloud builds. (better clouds and I don't get nic sic while practicing.lol) Just saying, don't be alarmed if you find you vape more at 3mg, it will level off after awhile.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Impressive! Must have a great seat on the bike! I'd be swimming for exercise in Cali. Ya can ride a bike in Nebraska.

Man... If I had access to a Lap Pool, I would swim 2 or 3 times a week. I was a Youth Swimmer and did Swimming/Water Polo in HS and my first 2 years in College.

It's the Perfect Exercise. And Mentally Relaxing.

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida

Your enthusiasm is infectious..

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Isn't picking up the tv remote exercise??? Those are heavy!
    Mind you, I can lift a truck with my left click finger now...
    I haven't been swimming in years. Fat guy is speedos is NOT an image you want to carry around with you.
    Great exercise tho for the overweight people - bouyancy and all. Loved when the heavy guy did the belly buster off the highboard!

dimco1

Dec 8, 2016
    Vermont
    Curious about you going 3mg from 18mg though. 3mg is fine for RDAs but i find tanks produce less vapor so need higher mg while you are in the process of reducing your nicotine. After 8 months I vape 3mg in my tank too, without cravings. But then, I vape much less than I used to. I even use 0mg for cloud builds. (better clouds and I don't get nic sic while practicing.lol) Just saying, don't be alarmed if you find you vape more at 3mg, it will level off after awhile.

Hi GBalkam, I expect (but don't know) that me going from a 'pen' device - that maybe would put out 18w to a .75 ohm atomizer coil on a full charge, to a more powerful device like a starter mini mod box, capable of 75 watts to a .5 ohm atomizer coil - wouldn't it be really harsh hitting my throat and a lot more vapor. I understand all parameters are adjustable with the mini mod box I purchased, attys, temp, watts, air etc... It seems 'normal' from what I've read, to use 3mg nicotine in sub ohm devices, right?

Perhaps, I'm not using the correct terms. Sometimes, I only make sense to myself or I'm worrying about nothing.

PS, can I use brand names and models on this forum?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
    Hi GBalkam, I expect (but don't know) that me going from a 'pen' device - that maybe would put out 18w to a .75 ohm atomizer coil on a full charge, to a more powerful device like a starter mini mod box, capable of 75 watts to a .5 ohm atomizer coil - wouldn't it be really harsh hitting my throat and a lot more vapor. I understand all parameters are adjustable with the mini mod box I purchased, attys, temp, watts, air etc... It seems 'normal' from what I've read, to use 3mg nicotine in sub ohm devices, right?

Perhaps, I'm not using the correct terms. Sometimes, I only make sense to myself or I'm worrying about nothing.

PS, can I use brand names and models on this forum?
    Ok, that is kind of what I figured. Pen to tank, you might want to try 12 to 6 mg, Dripper would be 3mg, but like I said, after awhile, 3mg in a tank, even a small one will be enough. Kind of like a trickle charge. Main thing, if you find you are vaping non stop on 3mg, don't worry about it. That will taper off in time. If you get cravings, just pick up some higher mg juice. Small starter tanks are pretty much mouth to lung, larger tanks can to D2L.
    I went from the pen style to a toptank mini rba. 0.5 ohm coil but still M2L. I was at 18 on pen, 12 on kanger, then 6 and went to 3 for my drippers. Now I just use 3 in everything, like my small tank while watching tv. Don't get me wrong here, Im not telling you how much mg to use, just letting you know what you might expect, having been there fairly recently.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
    I'm glad I joined, this is great Info., Thanks! Yes I purchased the Kanger Toptank Mini as an upgrade from my eLeaf, i Just Start (1300mah).
    Nice tank. I still use mine (now that i got new rbas) while watching tv or if Im low on juice and want to make it last longer. lol. Give a shout if you need help. I also have a couple vids on my youtube. Same username. I posted them here as well, but don't ask me to try to find them. I think elves hid them.

I'm "That Guy" that had nothing better to do than spend 2 hours making a dual coil set up on that mini rba. Something I wouldn't do again. LOL

Although.. i do have some 32g stainless steel.. hmmmm NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Cheers!
    Welcome and glad you joined. Glad to hear of your success. Sounds like your vape store knows their products and want your continued business.
    Just out of curiosity, what vape device did you buy? The reason I'm asking is one of my relatives is thinking of quitting.
    Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post and I will get back to see your answer.

Reactions: dimco1

dimco1

Dec 8, 2016
    Vermont
    Thank for the welcome BrotherBob, I actually have a brother Bob!

I was set-up with a eleaf I Just Start (1300mAh, 16.5mm, 2.3ml, .75 ohm) I will paste a link to an eBay item for sale and coils, as reference to you and yours. I found the replacement coils listed as "eLeaf, Air2, .75ohm coils". As a pack a day smoker - I began on 18mg nicotine with this device - PERFECT! I also found Space Jame 'Eclipse' and enjoyable juice to vape along with trying other tobacco flavored e juices. I also found these very small coils only last about 4 days, for me...

DEVICE:
    Authentic Eleaf iJust Start Kit 1300mAh with GS Air 2 Atomiser - All Colors | eBay

COILS:
    Eleaf .75 sub ohm & 1.5 Ohm Replacement Coil Heads GS AIR 2 GS TANK Istick Basic

My other brother 'Bill' (AKA; my brother Bob's brother Bill) went and bought a eLeaf I Just 2 device (2300mAh, 22.5mm, 5ml, .5 or .2 ohm) after hearing my story about quitting so easy. He is not happy - very frustrated, this iJust 2, is designed more for a huge "lung hit". I would guess Bill being my older brother, couldn't take his "little brother's" advice! My brother has just ordered the iJust Start (1300mAh).

I never thought of the inhale part of smoking, I just smoked.... Trying to understand my brother's issues with his device (iJust 2) i found that, there are two clear techniques too vaping. There is the mouth to lung, as a smoker would do and then the lung hit to get massive vapor clouds

Just let me know if you need more info.

Cheers!

Reactions: BrotherBob
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread