Hi, Hello - How are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
He is not happy - very frustrated, this iJust 2, is designed more for a huge "lung hit". I would guess Bill being my older brother, couldn't take his "little brother's" advice!
I might be able to make him a little happier with that...
Get him to use a higher resistance coil. 1.8 to 1.5 ohm is best, but as low as 0.5 ohm would work, but still a lot of vapor. Low wattage, low airflow, and a smaller mouth piece. That should get him into a M2L range.
Aside from that, a Kanger toptank mini is a decent set up for M2L. There are a lot of others, but that kanger is the only one I've tried, so the only one I can personally recommend. Plus.. it comes with a rebuildable RBA mini (no more buying premade coils). If you cook your cotton, you just put a new bit in. I bought that tank when I was spending more for coils than I was on cigarettes.

Reactions: dimco1

dimco1

Dec 8, 2016
Vermont
When trying to help my brother, I noticed eLeaf now makes an "ECML .75 coil" to fit the iJust 2 (and others). This must be pretty new, only a few US sellers online have them, eBay seems to be only Chinese sellers. I spoke with my brother last night, he got his new device yesterday like my original iJust Start-1300mAh - and is he's happy now, no smokes yesterday afternoon! I asked him to clean his other ans just stash it away. He'll be glad he has it in a few months. I will tell him to get some coils for it from your recommendations and play with iJust 2 as he goes.

Re: Kanger Mini RBA, I would like your advice on building my first coil for M2L. What would you make for mandrel ID size, wraps, wire type-gauge, target ohms etc? Also, any power settings for device to get started would be appreciated.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
When trying to help my brother, I noticed eLeaf now makes an "ECML .75 coil" to fit the iJust 2 (and others). This must be pretty new, only a few US sellers online have them, eBay seems to be only Chinese sellers. I spoke with my brother last night, he got his new device yesterday like my original iJust Start-1300mAh - and is he's happy now, no smokes yesterday afternoon! I asked him to clean his other ans just stash it away. He'll be glad he has it in a few months. I will tell him to get some coils for it from your recommendations and play with iJust 2 as he goes.

Re: Kanger Mini RBA, I would like your advice on building my first coil for M2L. What would you make for mandrel ID size, wraps, wire type-gauge, target ohms etc? Also, any power settings for device to get started would be appreciated.

Well, what wire do you have on hand? I generally like 28ga to 24ga, 30+ is a royal pain in the... to wrap and work with. Since the RBA mini is a rather small deck to work on, 2.5 to 2.0 is a decent core size. and 0.8 to 0.5 ohm seems to work pretty good.
Coil wrapping
helps with target resistance and wraps.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I have a crap-load of wire! - Kanthal A-1 (30ga through 22ga) NiChrome (30ga and 28ga) and some Titanium 1 (30ga). I know this is a lot of wire - but you will LOL if I tell you why I have so much and so many different options....
crap load? I have about 800 feet of wire. Maybe more. I started buying by the 250 foot spools. LOL.
Lets do the NiChrome, since that will give better flavor than the kanthal.

So using the 28ga nichrome, use a 2.5 mm core and 8 wraps. Start at low wattage and work your way up. I would start at maybe 12w and go up from there.

You could also take 16 inches of the 28ga nichrome, double it and twist it using a drill. Then do 8 wraps on a 2.25 (small screw driver) core. That will give more flavor but needs a little more power.

You can use that link I posted earlier to make 'trial' coils without using any wire. The page does the calculations for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread