Hi, I just quit cigarettes and began vaping, I have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Hi all,
I just got into vaping after being a chainsmoker for 10 years. I am currently on my 12th day without buying cigarettes, and it's been 10 days since I smoked my last cigarette. It's a
wonderful feeling. I don't miss the cigarettes, vaping is much more fun for me.

I have a couple of questions: I want to buy a fairly inexpensive mod for sub-ohm vaping.
I have already ordered an Aspire Triton tank, since I've heard it's pretty good.
Which mod should I buy? I'm currently using an iStick TC40w with an Aspire CE5-s tank and a 1.8 coil and it works well, but I want to buy another mod, just in case it breaks and also because I've become very enthusiastic about vaping. So I want to own more than one mod.

Also would it be a good idea to use a 1.6 coil instead of 1.8 on the CE5-s tank to get a thicker vapour?

Thanks in advance, I'm a very happy man these days thanks to vaping.
I look forward to using this forum and learning.

NoobJens

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi all,
I just got into vaping after being a chainsmoker for 10 years. I am currently on my 12th day without buying cigarettes, and it's been 10 days since I smoked my last cigarette. It's a

I have a couple of questions: I want to buy a fairly inexpensive mod for sub-ohm vaping.
I have already ordered an Aspire Triton tank, since I've heard it's pretty good.
Which mod should I buy? I'm currently using an iStick TC40w with an Aspire CE5-s tank and a 1.8 coil and it works well, but I want to buy another mod, just in case it breaks and also because I've become very enthusiastic about vaping. So I want to own more than one mod.

Also would it be a good idea to use a 1.6 coil instead of 1.8 on the CE5-s tank to get a thicker vapour?

NoobJens
By the way, the Eleaf iPower 80w tc looks appealing to me.
Is it a good mod? I saw mixed reviews of it on youtube.
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Congrats on making the switch. You will continue getting and feeling better as your body rids itself of all of the toxins from smoking.

Eleaf makes a good product. I have several of the 75W picos and it can handle just about any topper you put on it. But to be fair, I do only use the watts not the tc. If you get the kit, it will come with a melo mini tank. It also comes with 2 coils, an .05 and .03 ec coil. I prefer the .03 ones. Usually have it between 12-22 watts depending on the ejuice I am using.

If you want bigger clouds increase the vg in your ejuice.
:)

Reactions: NoobJens007

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Hi all,

NoobJens

Welcome to ECF NoobJens . Sounds like you are off to a great start. Having backups is essential, especially early on in the transition and kudos for getting that covered. Expect your enthusiasm to get tested a few times along the way but the board is always here to help. There's a lot to learn but lots of help too. Congrats on making a wise choice. You'll never regret it.

Reactions: NoobJens007

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Thanks everyone! I'm not too good at technical stuff so I dont think ill ever be rebuilding coils.
Why would my enthusiasm be tested? I see so much positive about being a vaper instead of being a smelly smoker lol :) One of the only downsides I can see is traveling to a country where vaping is illegal...
That would be a problem. Pretty silly of governments to illegalize vaping. Here in Denmark the ejuice is legal to buy, but illegal to sell, but many vendors sell it anyway, which I find to be a puzzling fact.

I think I will buy that iPower 80, it has a nice design too.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks everyone! I'm not too good at technical stuff so I dont think ill ever be rebuilding coils.
Why would my enthusiasm be tested? I see so much positive about being a vaper instead of being a smelly smoker lol :) One of the only downsides I can see is traveling to a country where vaping is illegal...
That would be a problem. Pretty silly of governments to illegalize vaping. Here in Denmark the ejuice is legal to buy, but illegal to sell, but many vendors sell it anyway, which I find to be a puzzling fact.

I think I will buy that iPower 80, it has a nice design too.
Yes, that is very puzzling. Not sure how you can have a buyer without a seller either. lol

Not knowing where you came from and assuming you were from the US may have been the reasoning behind the comment for testing of enthusiasm. It can be a real challenge here in the US to know that your own government is against the thing that saves so many lives. Anyway, I am just guessing. Hopefully, the poster of that comment will explain.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I guess I'm not so much looking for bigger clouds, just a better throat hit that I can feel.
I use ejuice with 6mg/ml and sometimes 9mg/ml. I guess I should use a bit stronger juice,
since I used to smoke up to 40 cigarettes a day?
I hear you. I too was a heavy smoker, sometimes on a stressful day I would smoke more than you.
Pg helps nicotine with flavor and a throat hit, so maybe a blend of 60/40 pg/vg or even 70/30 would be helpful.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Yes, that is very puzzling. Not sure how you can have a buyer without a seller either. lol

Not knowing where you came from and assuming you were from the US may have been the reasoning behind the comment for testing of enthusiasm. It can be a real challenge here in the US to know that your own government is against the thing that saves so many lives. Anyway, I am just guessing. Hopefully, the poster of that comment will explain.

Yes it makes no sense. The danish ejuice webshops have their offices in Sweden and elsewhere in order to sell it legally to danes.

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I enthusiastically switched to vaping after Christmas 2015. Have not lit up since because I like vaping better. My rough spots were mostly learning what to do to correct gear related issues and getting comfortable with the new routine. Maybe it was more patience being tested than enthusiasm. You are so right about the positives of vaping. Once you learn the basics it becomes smooth sailing...

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
I hear you. I too was a heavy smoker, sometimes on a stressful day I would smoke more than you.
Pg helps nicotine with flavor and a throat hit, so maybe a blend of 60/40 pg/vg or even 70/30 would be helpful.

To be honest I would also go above 40 cigarettes some days. I cant see what amount of pg/pv is in the ejuice-bottles I have, it doesn't say on the bottle...

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
I enthusiastically switched to vaping after Christmas 2015. Have not lit up since because I like vaping better. My rough spots were mostly learning what to do to correct gear related issues and getting comfortable with the new routine. Maybe it was more patience being tested than enthusiasm. You are so right about the positives of vaping. Once you learn the basics it becomes smooth sailing...

Congrats for staying off smokes for so long. I don't see myself buying another pack of cigarettes when I can vape, so hope I can say the same as you in a years time.

Reactions: zoiDman

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
The Ipower has a SS setting so you'll be able to run the Stainless Steel Triton coils in TC mode.
Just turn up the heat for more TH.
The istick 40 only does NI200 coils or Ti.

Cool, thanks for the info. For now I think Ill stay in wattage mode though, it suits my needs just fine.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi all,

NoobJens
I am partial to the Istick Pico, and eVic VTC Mini have two of each.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
10 days without a cigarette........that's about when I said "hey, I didn't smell or taste for 45 years. That day will soon be 5 years ago.
It's all up to you now....good deal.

I have a much better sense of smell and taste already too! How much does a pack of Chesterfield cost in the US? Here it is 37.50 kr. (5.5 dollars) so it really helps my wallet to vape instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread