Hi, I just quit cigarettes and began vaping, I have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have a much better sense of smell and taste already too! How much does a pack of Chesterfield cost in the US? Here it is 37.50 kr. (5.5 dollars) so it really helps my wallet to vape instead.
In that general area depending on which state, New York City may be $12 or higher.
I think in New Zealand they are more than $25 a pack

Reactions: NoobJens007

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
grats! 13 days is a fantastic count! each day is one more taken back from the nasty habit.

one of the cheaper and basic sobohm starter kits out there is the kangertech toptank mini 75w... first rba I learned to build and haven't looked back yet. I have 5 of those tanks between myself and my hubby, upgraded to their pro tank 4 and bought their dripbox 60w squonker(look up squonkers once you're into building)... plus half a dozen other tanks and rdas. I really enjoy building my own coils, but I don't DiY my juice as my hubby doesn't want the hassle(I think he's being silly, but it's not worth the fight).

Reactions: NoobJens007

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You are doing great! Keep it going. :)
iPower80 is a perfectly good mod.
Aspire CE5 is a tragic tank, worthy only of the trash.
I don't buy Aspire anymore (UK prices and marketing...) but use plug and play tanks as well as rebuildables.
I like the Tron S with the CLR (re-wickable) atomizer heads and also use the Eleaf GS/GS "M" tanks, but those atomizer coils are disposable really. You can rebuild many atomizer coils, but some just aren't worth it.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
You are doing great! Keep it going. :)
iPower80 is a perfectly good mod.
Aspire CE5 is a tragic tank, worthy only of the trash.
I don't buy Aspire anymore (UK prices and marketing...) but use plug and play tanks as well as rebuildables.
I like the Tron S with the CLR (re-wickable) atomizer heads and also use the Eleaf GS/GS "M" tanks, but those atomizer coils are disposable really. You can rebuild many atomizer coils, but some just aren't worth it.

GrimmGreen on youtube said the Nautilus mini is heavenly. I might try that one.
Im a total noob, but I dont feel the CE5 is that bad. Maybe I will think otherwise when I'm
more experienced. The only bummer for me is that I have to fill it so often.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Im a total noob, but I dont feel the CE5 is that bad. Maybe I will think otherwise when I'm

I'm afraid GrimmGreen's review is now out of date as well.
The mini Nautilus was the gold standard plug and play tank for 8-15 watts vaping in 2014.
I bought 3 at the 2014 Vapefest event. The bell has tolled... it's not the gold standard anymore.
Yes... you won't feel that the CE5 is bad, I accepted that when I wrote my reply and should have said so.

As for reviews, @Cheallaigh is right. I am afraid the vaping industry is awash with too many people keen for a slice of the $ pie $.
The higher the commission, the more the recommendations.

In the UK (Europe), videos reviews that are basically marketing will be be removed from the internet slowly but surely. There are also general review sites in the sights of the authorities.
Until then, always look at the DATE of the video and completely ignore the reviews that pay people's salary...

Grimm is trustworthy enough (as far as I can tell)... many aren't.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
grats! 13 days is a fantastic count! each day is one more taken back from the nasty habit.

one of the cheaper and basic sobohm starter kits out there is the kangertech toptank mini 75w... first rba I learned to build and haven't looked back yet. I have 5 of those tanks between myself and my hubby, upgraded to their pro tank 4 and bought their dripbox 60w squonker(look up squonkers once you're into building)... plus half a dozen other tanks and rdas. I really enjoy building my own coils, but I don't DiY my juice as my hubby doesn't want the hassle(I think he's being silly, but it's not worth the fight).

Is diy juice much cheaper? I should have figured out that reviews were paid for. Grimmgreen just seems very sincere.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a much better sense of smell and taste already too! How much does a pack of Chesterfield cost in the US? Here it is 37.50 kr. (5.5 dollars) so it really helps my wallet to vape instead.
All Depends on what state you are in.

Taxes on cigarettes vary by state. Here in Arizona the Cigarette tax is $2 a pack. Washington, New York, California, new Jersey charges much more.

If memory serves West Virginia charges the least fof Cigarette tax. If Someone lives near a reservation i don't think somd tribes don't charge ANY cigarette tax.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I used The Nautilus Mini. Good Atty.

Later i would recommend getting a Rebuildable RDA, RDTA, or RTA after learning to build

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Is diy juice much cheaper? I should have figured out that reviews were paid for. Grimmgreen just seems very sincere.

It is. I don't cut corners and use some expensive flavor concentrates.

Around $6-$7 (US) for 100ml.

100ml in a UK shops, one of the so-called "premium" liquids could be easily be $70 (US).

Despite the shocking price difference (10 x more expensive) I actually DIY out of necessity not money.

I like GrimmGreen b.t.w.
I don't even mind some of the others.

The real 'monsters' are the people hidden away running review websites and claiming to be "influential people in vaping".... most are just money-grabbing crooks.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
wow, thats worth looking into.

I just looked at the istick pico. It looks really stylish I think. Not very expensive either.

It's certainly stylish. I waited (zzz) ages for the metal grey one. I have a spare one on the way (black) and the 'squeeze' version ordered in (let me check).... yes.... metal grey!

I do have an electric blue Sigelei Fuchai and a red Sigelei 30w. Every time I order Pink, someone takes it off my hands double quick. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
wow, thats worth looking into.

I just looked at the istick pico. It looks really stylish I think. Not very expensive either.

Yes. I get PG fof $10.95-12.95 a quart, and usually get VG by the gallon usually $29. Tge current gallon i only paid $21 delivered to my door. I like high VG juices like 70-80% VG

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
It's certainly stylish. I waited (zzz) ages for the metal grey one. I have a spare one on the way (black) and the 'squeeze' version ordered in (let me check).... yes.... metal grey!

I do have an electric blue Sigelei Fuchai and a red Sigelei 30w. Every time I order Pink, someone takes it off my hands double quick. :)
I like the Pico because it uses a full size 18650 and more pocket friendly than most 18650 battery mods tge battery of tge Pico extends 9-10 mm above the 510.

Reactions: djsvapour

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Can you tell me why rebuildable is better? I don't even yet understand the whole point of rebuildable.

Absolutely. There are several reasons to rebuild. Most coils for tanks cost $1-$5 for each coil. I can wrap a coil for about 1-2 cents.

Premade coils have a short life. My coils last 2 1/2-3 months. Every two or three days when the flavor goes wonky remove the wick Dry burn Kanthal and Stainless Steel coils and get ridbof the gunk. Install another coil Prime the wick and the vapor tastes like using a new coil.

In my Kayfun RTA i can vape for 3 months on 1 coil and replacing the wick every 2-3 days. My coil and all of the cotton rewicking costs about 20 cents.

If the FDA DEEMING regulations are allowed to stand your coil heads will go bye bye. 100 foot of Kanthal or Stainless Steel wire will last for years and years. Go to CVS or Walgreens and get organic cotton balls or 100 Kogendo cotton pads. That WILL last for a long time.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread