Hi I'm new !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
Hi there, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and have found a lot of helpful information. So I decided to finally join. :)
I have a fairly simple question for you guys and girls.
I have a mini protank 3 that I am using on an 1100mah vv evod battery, and no matter what I do it keeps gurgling or leaking, I switched the coil to a evod bcc coil and it works fine, but I'd really like to use these new enclosed coils. Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Mrtwistedscience. Glad to have you here!:)

First, to fix a flooded atomizer take your tank off the battery and blow through the mouthpiece (with a paper towel under it or cover the airflow hole). This will drain the extra eliquid.

When you inhale, take a long smooth draw vs a short sharp draw. This will prevent extra eliquid from being pulled into your coils and flooding it. Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette

Whenever you first sense that your atomizer is beginning to flood try this:
1. Open up the airflow so when you take a hit you are not pulling in as much juice into your coils (if your tank has airflow control) .
2. Raise your voltage or wattage if your battery allows you to do this. This will vaporize more eliquid.
3. Tip your battery up (and take a few hits). By tipping it up you will prevent more eliquid from being fed into the coils.

Give one or all of these a try.:)

Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
I just tried the blowing out with a towel underneath and it shot the whole tank of liquid out I tightened everything and refilled and it did the same
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

First, to fix a flooded atomizer take your tank off the battery and blow through the mouthpiece (with a paper towel under it or cover the airflow hole). This will drain the extra eliquid.

When you inhale, take a long smooth draw vs a short sharp draw. This will prevent extra eliquid from being pulled into your coils and flooding it. Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette

Whenever you first sense that your atomizer is beginning to flood try this:
1. Open up the airflow so when you take a hit you are not pulling in as much juice into your coils (if your tank has airflow control) .
2. Raise your voltage or wattage if your battery allows you to do this. This will vaporize more eliquid.
3. Tip your battery up (and take a few hits). By tipping it up you will prevent more eliquid from being fed into the coils.

Give one or all of these a try.:)

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hi there, I've been a long time lurker of these forums and have found a lot of helpful information. So I decided to finally join. :)

Welcome to ECFm Mrtwisted. I'm glad you decided to join. The only Kanger tanks I have are Aerotanks, which I THINK can use the same dual coil as the PT3, but I don't know anything about the PT3.

I'm sure someone knowledgeable will come along soon -- they always do. Good luck figuring out your issue.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have a fairly simple question for you guys and girls.
I have a mini protank 3 that I am using on an 1100mah vv evod battery, and no matter what I do it keeps gurgling or leaking, I switched the coil to a evod bcc coil and it works fine, but I'd really like to use these new enclosed coils. Any information/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

some of those coil *look* the same but on closer inspection, some are shorter than others, and when you put them in, they don't seal properly to the centertube air chimney.
adding a second silicone cap from another coil head can seal the space.

Reactions: Susan~S

Mrtwistedscience

Jul 19, 2015
I just took one from an old bcc coil I had on hand and it sealed uo the leakage fairly well !! Thank you so much, I was afraid I was going to have to throw away this little guy
some of those coil *look* the same but on closer inspection, some are shorter than others, and when you put them in, they don't seal properly to the centertube air chimney.
adding a second silicone cap from another coil head can seal the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread