Hi im new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
Hey there.
Recently started actually 'vaping'... Rather strange everything. 20 years of smoking and this is my third day with under 10 cancer sticks a day (i attempted to quit once, I lasted 4 days and felt as if i was coming off of ......)

I've just managed to destroy my tank, the base wouldn't unscrew and now it's in peices .... But you know what, no sweat I'll go out and buy another tomorrow.
I have dribbles left in my tobacco pouch and i have no intention of buying a new one.
Been reading around for the last few days and this is a deep deep and interesting world and you know what I'm rather excited.
The thought of living without tobacco is no longer as far away as it seemed.

Anyway, that's me.

I'm using an istick tc40w with a .8 resistance and my tank was a gs Air m

Km00

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! That's great you've been able to reduce your smoking so quickly. After smoking over 30 years myself I know that relief when you can finally go without it.

Sorry your tank broke. Stuff like that happens. You'll get another and be back on track. That is a reason most of us have a few sets of hardware, so if something breaks you have a backup. Actually, after a little while at this you'll have backups for backups, because you don't want to get caught short and have that cigarette calling out to you.

Reactions: Km00

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
Oh yup, backups of backups, i can understand why.
But this little mishap is really putting things into context. I miss my e cig and ciggies, yeahhh, they'll do the job for tonight but its really not the same now is it.... Better late than never in all honesty.

Anybody have any recommendations of tanks for the tc40w?

I like to puff a lot and deep at 28.7w. Bit disappointed with the gs air m. Didnt last very long :/

P.s my local shop sells. Eleaf, joyetech, kangertech, smok, vaporesso, innokin and aspire.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Oh yup, backups of backups, i can understand why.
But this little mishap is really putting things into context. I miss my e cig and ciggies, yeahhh, they'll do the job for tonight but its really not the same now is it.... Better late than never in all honesty.

Anybody have any recommendations of tanks for the tc40w?

I like to puff a lot and deep at 28.7w. Bit disappointed with the gs air m. Didnt last very long :/

P.s my local shop sells. Eleaf, joyetech, kangertech, smok, vaporesso, innokin and aspire.
Welcome to ECF!
You'll probably get several recommendations. I've been vaping for 5 years--everything from Egos to Provaris, to squonk box mechanical mods. I never recommend gear I haven't personally used and enjoyed. I have used both the popular Aspire Nautilus Mini and the Kangertech Aerotank Mini and have enjoyed vaping with these on my little iSticks.
ETA: For just a little more money, I also like the KangerTech Toptank Mini which, as the name suggests, can be filled from the top. It comes with several different premade atomizers (Nickel and Kanthal) and also a little deck with a SS coil installed, but you can also build you own coils on it. It's a very sturdy and nicely made topper. You'd have to try really had to break the metal parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Km00

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

In fairness, if you are vaping at 28 watts, the GS needs a holiday @Km00

For that sort of power, the Uwell Crown (original) would be nice.

Vaporesso are new and .. well .. yes .. some interesting stuff.
Joyetech make some total lemons.
Smok is an anagram for 'sometimes mediocre or knowingly bad'
Innokin are almost quite god-like. Reliable but dull.... zzzz
Aspire... nah.... not bought anything off them in years now. Totally over-priced. They are megalomaniacs.
Do Eleaf actually make anything really, really good? I'm not sure as it happens.

See if you can pick up a Subtank with the topfill. There are better tanks, but the RBA is really easy and surprisingly reliable.

/.... unless you like the sound of the Aromamizer version 2. :)

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
In fairness, if you are vaping at 28 watts, the GS needs a holiday @Km00

For that sort of power, the Uwell Crown (original) would be nice.

Vaporesso are new and .. well .. yes .. some interesting stuff.
Joyetech make some total lemons.
Smok is an anagram for 'sometimes mediocre or knowingly bad'
Innokin are almost quite god-like. Reliable but dull.... zzzz
Aspire... nah.... not bought anything off them in years now. Totally over-priced. They are megalomaniacs.
Do Eleaf actually make anything really, really good? I'm not sure as it happens.

See if you can pick up a Subtank with the topfill. There are better tanks, but the RBA is really easy and surprisingly reliable.

/.... unless you like the sound of the Aromamizer version 2. :)
Actually, ive been reading in the last 24 hours...
Ive seen an evic vtwo which looks real nice... And for a tank ... Hmmmm... Unless i buy international (which im open too) im lookibg at cubis pro and melo 3

Also... I've dropped my wattage to 3.65v
Like all honesty i really dont know what im doing... Still reading....

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Actually, ive been reading in the last 24 hours...
Ive seen an evic vtwo which looks real nice... And for a tank ... Hmmmm... Unless i buy international (which im open too) im looking at cubis pro and melo 3

Also... I've dropped my wattage to 3.65v
Like all honesty i really dont know what im doing... Still reading....

The Melo 3 is popular. Probably on a par with the Uwell Crown in some respects (power and airflow). Might be cheap to run as well.
Cubis Pro is possibly another "lemon" from what I've heard. It took years (and I mean years) to get Joyetech to pull their finger out and invest in up to date clearomizer technology. They make one good one, then 2 bad ones, then one good one.... you get the idea.
3.65v is your Volts... it's possible your mod doesn't make this clear.
In this climate, I would not buy any mod with a built in battery.... that and the original evic VT was junky.
The evic mini VTC was solid. The Cuboid, less so.
Of course, the cutie of the show is the iStick Pico.

Km00

Aug 23, 2016
Okay, so I'm utterly confused! The other day i went and asked for some 0.9 coils, i dunno why to be honest, i think i read or was told it gave more flavour or what not.
So... Started to taste burnt. I changed it and saw he'd put in 0.75 .. And the ones i have are 0.9...
Anywayyyy... Long story short. It taste like burnt rubber! This is the second coil ive put in, first one being a dud and man... Its horrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread