Hi, new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum today. I am still pretty new to vaping, but I really enjoy it. I have been a heavy smoker for most of my life but due mostly to health problems (3 lung surgeries) as well as the nuissance of smoke and ash decided to try e-cigs. I started with an encore starter kit, and it was ok, but I wasn't crazy about it. The battery would never last as long as I needed it to, and by the end of my night when I was still out I would start bumming smokes off of friends. I also wasn't too thrilled with their cartridges. About a month ago I switched over to blu and I absolutely love it. Recently I talked to some people who use an encore battery just like mine but with a refillable tip and e juice. I really want to set something up like this and was hoping you guys could help me. It sounds like I need to buy an atomizer, a drip tip, and e juice; is that right? And does anyone know what threading the encore battery has? Will a 510 atomizer and drip tip work? I look forward to being a part of this community, and thank you for your help in advance.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Welcome, lefty. A lot of us here started out with Blu/cigalikes, and if that is what works for you, then by all means, stick with it. But there are far more satisfying, economical vapes out there. I started out in the eGo world with this:

SmokTek eGo 1100 CE4-Changeable Coil Clearomizer E-Cigarette Kit with carry case

Powerful batteries that will last literally the entire day on one charge, actually cost LESS than a Blu starter kit, and clearomizers that are so simple to use/clean/fill that even dummies like me can master them in minutes. Just my :2c:, and happy vaping! :vapor:

Last edited:

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I started with an Encore pack (tossed to me by the impatient guy at the smoke shop.) I swear it strained my neck muscles trying to get a decent hit off those things and yes, battery went out too soon. Very frustrating.

I really thought I needed a cig-a-like, but wanted something more reliable. It turns out that the Encore cig felt less like a cig than a smaller diameter drip tip on a PV.

One week later, I am happy with my eGo C and some EVODs. Much better setup for me.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
One point about cig-a-likes vs. the tapered drip tip. Those cart-based things have the same diameter as a cigarette filter, however, they aren't smooshy like the paper/foam of a cig filter - they are solid plastic. I felt like I was sucking on a magic marker. Then, when I tried a clearomizer with the tapered tip, it felt better on my lips, not necessarily like a cig, but more comfortable. Something to consider.

I was hell-bent on having an e-cigarette that was as close to a real on as possible, 2 days later, I completely contradicted myself.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
One point about cig-a-likes vs. the tapered drip tip. Those cart-based things have the same diameter as a cigarette filter, however, they aren't smooshy like the paper/foam of a cig filter - they are solid plastic. I felt like I was sucking on a magic marker. Then, when I tried a clearomizer with the tapered tip, it felt better on my lips, not necessarily like a cig, but more comfortable. Something to consider.

I was hell-bent on having an e-cigarette that was as close to a real on as possible, 2 days later, I completely contradicted myself.

Ditto. Except it took me a few months, and LOTS of wasted money to wise up....:facepalm::2cool:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum today. I am still pretty new to vaping, but I really enjoy it. I have been a heavy smoker for most of my life but due mostly to health problems (3 lung surgeries) as well as the nuissance of smoke and ash decided to try e-cigs. I started with an encore starter kit, and it was ok, but I wasn't crazy about it. The battery would never last as long as I needed it to, and by the end of my night when I was still out I would start bumming smokes off of friends. I also wasn't too thrilled with their cartridges. About a month ago I switched over to blu and I absolutely love it. Recently I talked to some people who use an encore battery just like mine but with a refillable tip and e juice. I really want to set something up like this and was hoping you guys could help me. It sounds like I need to buy an atomizer, a drip tip, and e juice; is that right? And does anyone know what threading the encore battery has? Will a 510 atomizer and drip tip work? I look forward to being a part of this community, and thank you for your help in advance.

Hiya Lefty. Today is my first day on the forum, so I too am a total noob. In fact I'm such a noob that I've only used Blu e-cigs. They made it easy to walk away from analog cigs, but lacked real and complete satisfaction. However, the eGo K VV Nova kit I ordered from Vapor Phoenix just shipped today. I can't wait to try it out. I ordered a couple flavors of juice from Vapor Phoenix, but also bought 5 flavors from an outfit called Vape Dudes in Texas. Their selection is incredible and all juices are made when you order them, never batch made. I also look forward to being part of this community. Being a gadget geek, the world of PVs is a giant toy store for me.:p

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice, everyone, I truly appreciate it. I am definitely going to order a setup like you all have recommended; especially seeing as how only a month after purchase both my blu batteries completely crapped out in a 24 hour period. Such a drag! Unfortunately, I bought them from a smoke shop so the warranty is non-existent. Luckily, the replacement batteries are crazy cheap, but are also out of stock on their website. Not cool.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Am in the process of ordering the e go kit recommended by Mountain Rain so I can get back to vaping ASAP! Can anyone please recommend a few good e-liquids I can order with it from the same site? As a smoker I was a camel filters man, but also enjoyed good cigars. Basically, I'm looking for a potent but pleasant tabacco flavor. Again, all of your help is incredibly appreciated-- I can't tell you all how happy I am to have found this community.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Am in the process of ordering the e go kit recommended by Mountain Rain so I can get back to vaping ASAP! Can anyone please recommend a few good e-liquids I can order with it from the same site? As a smoker I was a camel filters man, but also enjoyed good cigars. Basically, I'm looking for a potent but pleasant tabacco flavor. Again, all of your help is incredibly appreciated-- I can't tell you all how happy I am to have found this community.

Good for you! SmokTek is one of three vendors I order from on a regular basis, they are great people to deal with. :thumb: I wish I could help you with recommending an e-liquid, but I mostly stick with Caramel Apple and Peanut Butter Cup that I get from SimplyVapes. You might want to post your question in the E-liquids section of the site, you should have an answer in record time. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread