Hi! New here ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

I’m Barbara. I’ve turned to vaping about half a year ago. At first I managed to kick my (analogue) smoking habit entirely using the Bo One. Currently I’m both smoking and vaping, mainly due to the fact that my Bo One let me down (I’ll write a separate review on that). When browsing the web you mainly find reviews from people who have either a commercial stake in the review, or who have used the device being reviewed only for a short time. I’m hoping that I’ll find more information here on long term use of different devices (for me mainly cigalikes). I’ll be adding my own experiences as well to help others who may feel the same lack of long term user stats.

Looking forward to chatting/posting with you all!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @BarbaraGR

You are not wrong. Many reviews are spurious. Most review sites are actually fake. Some reviewers, but not all (video-type reviews) are also sometimes not to be trusted.

The worst type of review is the so-called 'independent' review site (comparative reviews) that deliberately and apologetically sends people to one of a very few chosen brands. The people who run these sites are not friends to vapers, smokers or any right-minded individual. They are selfish zombies who daren't leave the house to meet up with fellow vapers. They make out they are keen on advocacy and vapers rights, but they aren't. We know who they are. They know who they are.
New/inexperienced vapers on the other hand... well, they are the prey.

I can name the review sites (there are lots, some consider themselves 'famous' too) and indeed the brands that deal in this type of marketing.
But, I won't.
Suffice to say, the brands that come top in reviews offer the highest commission. Surprise...

Cig-a-likes are a minefield. The BO One is not really a cig-a-like as we know it (unless I have found the wrong product)... it's a small-form-factor pod system... or am I confused?

Anyway, welcome.

You should find the answers on the ECF. You might not find the answers taking on the challenge yourself..... so you made a wise move to join us! :)

Reactions: Tonee N

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So do you want a cigalike (gas station products) or a tube mod with a refillable tank? You can get tube style mods with a tank that's flush to the tube that can be light, portable, and easy to use with USB charging for an inexpensive amount.

I can't really speak to cigalikes generally as I haven't tried them and don't plan to (don't want to give BT more of my money, and it's not cost effective either). Getting a small tube-like mod with the ability to adjust variables like watts can be a boon, and most people who transition up to that type of setup from cigalikes end up happy with their experience.

You are correct that review sites and YouTube videos don't necessarily give a reasonable review of the product. I only use them to demonstrate features on items I've already researched and purchased, not for any kind of "this is good or bad" opinion. IMO you are far better off getting guidance here. I really haven't been steered wrong by ECF members, and that's saying a lot.

Hopefully you can find a better setup and return to vaping more happily :)

Anna

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
So do you want a cigalike (gas station products) or a tube mod with a refillable tank? You can get tube style mods with a tank that's flush to the tube that can be light, portable, and easy to use with USB charging for an inexpensive amount.

Hey Anna,

Thanks for your reply! I'm currently looking into the V2 EX which I think qualifies as a cigalike, and the Vertx which is maybe one step up. Trying the Vertx as we speak.

I don't see myself turning to the real mods. Too big. Too much vapor and therefore not discreet enough for my tasts. The My Von Erl sounds good too, but I'm hestitant considering my experiences with the Bo One.

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
Welcome. I joined up here two weeks ago after ordering a Jull and a v2 ex. They are ok but I have dropped to 9/10 cigs day from25/30. So vaping is working for me. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply! How do you find the V2 EX? I've got a starter kit V2 EX arriving through mail in a few days now. Already ordered a V2 Vertx. It's ok. I'm not flabbergasted... did you consider it?

Reactions: Eskie

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you for your reply! How do you find the V2 EX? I've got a starter kit V2 EX arriving through mail in a few days now. Already ordered a V2 Vertx. It's ok. I'm not flabbergasted... did you consider it?
I didn't consider the Vertx. I just ordered the started kit and had it sent priority since I was in a rush. I also order a Juul as backup. I was expecting to like the Juul better, but I actually prefer the v2. New carts with higher nicotine just arrived for the v2 and I will be firing up those tonight. You get to batteries with the v2 but one seems to be defective. You can also buy empty carts for the v2 which I think is a plus. I don't see either as a long term solution, but learning about more advanced devices is too much rocket science for me right now.

Hope the v2 works for you.

Reactions: BarbaraGR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread