Hi new to this great forum and thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marida sapichino

Sep 23, 2017
My Name is Marida

I have been smoking for 100 years. Not really. But way too long. Stopped smoking 2 weeks ago for MAYBE the 20th time.
But this time is it for me. IM DONE !!!

Starting vaping and enjoying it. .

BUT BUT BUT my teeth upper teeth are killing me.
My mouth burns and I want to just eat EGGS can't really chew.

Anyone else have tooth pain mouth burning ??? ANYTHING ???

Have been on other forums and many other seem to be going through the same issues. Anyone here having any of these issues. ???????????????? HELP any answer will be appreciated.

Reactions: tgs3

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to ecf !
Unfortunately i highly doubt your mouth issues are related to vaping so to answer that question : No i'd highly suggest you go to a dentist asap instead.
If you have any vape related questions though that we can help ! (unless ofc someone with the same issues comes forward)

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

I have heard that smoking makes your gums look and feel better than they really are. When you quit, the blood comes back into the capillaries and can cause pain. It should get better with time. You should probably see a dentist though, just to see what he/she says about it.

marida sapichino

Sep 23, 2017
Thank you I have been hearing so many things when you stop smoking that can happen. I am no unhappy I quit smoking and vaping . I am just in a lot of discomfort and I have read that your gums and teeth can be effected with discomfort when you quit smoking. I JUST want it to go away TWO DAYS is long enough for me to be so uncomfortable. BUT im not going to smoke.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I didn’t smoke, but chewed tobacco for 17 or so years.

When I quit, transitioning to vaping, I had about 4 visits to the dentist.

I got a DEEP gun cleaning, and a few fillings, and I feel SO much better than I ever have.

The gum cleaning sucks, but it worked really really well. Good luck!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it helps at all, after vaping for a while, my mouth is much less irritated than it was when smoking, enough so that my oral surgeon did a free implant when one went bad since my mouth health was so much better. :)

Oddly, I have to get periodontal deep cleanings 4 times a year, now. I guess plaque and tartar builds up just as much on denture implants than it does on teeth. I find it funny that I'm spending so much more time on "mouth health" than I did my teeth.... I brush, wash, floss, water-pic and mouthwash at least 3--4 times a day now. My mom did point out that my real teeth did not cost 19K, so it's reasonable that I'm invested....

But overall, when vaping, mouth health tends to stabilize more quickly when vaping than smoking. Or so I am told by at least 2 of my dentists. Though I think some of them hear "quit smoking" and stop listening. To be fair. The oral surgeon said vaping is really less damaging to gum and mouth health, and he's a pretty educated oral surgeon. He and I have spent a lot of time together. :( He's super nice, but spending 2 hours awake while someone's drilling into your skull.... Not so fun. The last time I went in, I actually (for the first time) had my dentures in, and the entire office was like "You look so much younger!" LOL.

Anna

Reactions: tgs3

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread