Hi newbie would love to comment in istick50w owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caserskii

May 6, 2015
I have gone through three ileaf 50watts now the first with a kangertech nano
Second with a ksngertech mini and third with a Atlantis tank I'm litterally at my whits end with them absoulubtly raging and considering going the garage for cigerets as they've boiled my blood so much...
All tanks have gone out the same way refusing to charge I have used different leads plugs and everyone one has lasted about a week and died my first I hammered to bits trying to inspect it and finding no loose solder or burns and it being of the internet I checked the code it was real btw it was too much Agro reposting etc etc for return sooo hammer in rage!!
Second I went the shop this time encase and bought a new 50w it lasted about the same amount of time a week each unit same problem took it back to the shop this time the guy tried to say I dropped it the usb was pushed in etc. but I got a replacement like for like as he said even after offereing to pay more for a different brand completely.
So my 3rd replacement 2 days it's lasted and guess what no charge again and it's dead ohh I got a new rubber case sold to me last time and I've treated it like a baby and low and behold baby died in so .......n angry it's unreal I'm really getting into the whole vamping thing making my own juice etc but anyway I'll be marching back my 3rd 50w eleaf istick tommorow the guy will think I'm pulling his chain anyways hope everyone's okay I might not be in the club long the way it's going I'm deffinately going to buy an expensive 100w or somink and hope for the best any recommendations or help will be appreciated
Cheers
bill
P.s sorry it's all scrappy my gf is going mad as I've come home from work and haven't spoke to her all night and I needed to vent!!! Hahah

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry to read of your problems with the iStick 50. I have refrained from recommending their use because of reports of this model autofiring and causing fires. Allegedly the manufacturer has rectified this specific issue, but we will see.

The iSticks are a line of inexpensive regulated mods from China with a quality reputation that is across the board. Great value for the money? Only you can answer that. :(

Not to sound racist, but China makes cheap mods to be sold cheap. "We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another."

You asked for a recommendation, so I'll provide you with one. Something that is built to last for years and supported by the company for life. I purchased my first Provari nearly 3 years ago and it is still working without a hiccup ... and I never babied it. I now own four of them. Not because they don't work, but because they do. A great value for the money IMHO. You actually get what you pay for.

Why Provari?

Last edited:

Caserskii

May 6, 2015
Thanks for that pal I will definitely consider the provari now you've recommended it .. I suppose starting out I went in blind and seen cheap and high watts it's annoying how people seem to be rating them and shops promoting them but I feel the only person unlucky enough to go through 2 in 2weeks and 1 in 2 days haha I'd be interested to know retailers mark up especially as I offered another &70 on top of the istick on an expensive brand in the shelf and he still refused me! thanks for the time for the reply. I shall try ride out the nicotine induced rage for tonight haha

Reactions: Baditude

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Caserskii - first of all, welcome to the forums!

Secondly, sorry that it's the troubles with your iStick 50 that seem to have brought you here. I picked up an iStick 50 back at the end of February, and I've been "lucky" enough to not be experiencing troubles. Are you getting the iStick from the same Vendor? Are you using the included charger or something different? Do you know the rating of the charger?

I have a couple of different chargers that I use (predominately the one that was included with my 50) that are rated for 1A output. That seems to be a "happy spot" for most of my devices.

I also have an iStick 30 which I got within a week of getting the 50. Also been having some good luck with that one as well....

I hope you can get to the bottom of the issues.

P.S. most of us have pretty big shoulders, so rant on :) Go give the gf a peck on the cheek and take a deep breath. Things will get better!

Cheers

Reactions: Rsunderl

kriskris

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum too and I am also an owner of the iStick 50W. I've had it for about 5 days now, charged it twice, so far no problems but I have to say, I am mildly concerned after reading some posts here and a thread on reddit. Has anyone yet come up with a way to check whether the iStick they have is a first or second revision?

Caserskii

May 6, 2015
:headbang::matrix::matrix:Hi all thanks for your replys I had it replaced once again. 4th time lucky I hope haha it's just so stressful not vaping for a while getting home late from a hard days work and then your (treat) you've actually looked forward to just lets you down and the night is ruined especially 3 times in a row haha anyway I'm babbling on.. But deffinately considered your comment about the charger dinger. I purchased another 1amp usb charger as the one I had used may well have been a cause of my problems as I noticed it was always my bedside plug it dies around then never works again like its surging the unit out, even though friends have used I phone chargers and many other usb outlets with no problem. I shall try to purchase another mod box for those moments in the near future thanks all again will keep you posted with any other issues :matrix::headbang:
Cheers
Bill

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I've had the eleaf istick 50w for a couple of weeks now and haven't seen this issue. Recharged it a couple of times with medium vaping, but it seems to last a few days. Gave it to my wife as a backup, though. She takes it (or her istick 30w) when she has to leave the house for errands.
It seems anemic to me when I try to use it with the Kayfun. Seems I have to crank up the wattage quite a bit more than when I use the Kayfun on my provari.

Best Regards,
F2V

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
You asked for a recommendation, so I'll provide you with one. Something that is built to last for years and supported by the company for life. I purchased my first Provari nearly 3 years ago and it is still working without a hiccup ... and I never babied it. I now own four of them. Not because they don't work, but because they do. A great value for the money IMHO. You actually get what you pay for.

Why Provari?

Today I would not recommend Provari to a new vaper. It is mostly outdated with it 20 W and one button interface. Even iStick has better functionality. Reliability - yes, it is tough to beat Provari. But things in vaping are changing too fast to pay for reliable but falling out of mainstream developments thing.

poetruck

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2015
Lecompton, KS
You can always try the 30W most people on the forum say the bugs have been worked out of them.
yeah I hear the 30 watts work really good. but no more business from me. really bummed out that I only got a month out of the 50 watt. there's just too many other manufacturers out there to give my business to. okay I am officially done whining for good lol. I promise

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Today I would not recommend Provari to a new vaper. It is mostly outdated with it 20 W and one button interface. Even iStick has better functionality. Reliability - yes, it is tough to beat Provari. But things in vaping are changing too fast to pay for reliable but falling out of mainstream developments thing.
The vast majority of vapers are Tootle Puffers (low wattage/ standard ohm). For the safety aspects, the money and value, you STILL can't beat a Provari. It's still relevant in this day of vaping technology. That is, unless you don't mind buying an iStick every few months or it catching on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread