Hi their

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdan123

Oct 17, 2013
USA
Hello my name is Dan and I'm getting back into vaping after smoking analogs for a few months. It seems tougher now than it was the first time I switched over from analogs for some reason. Anyone one have any suggestions on how to get back into the rythm? It may just be my surroundings after being stationed in Iraq and everyone smokes around you and at my base.

Last edited:

brfrompa

Sep 13, 2013
Emmaus, PA
Stick with it, Dan! Just keep thinking about enjoying some form of "smoking" and getting back your taste and smell and a brighter health outlook. I didn't have a strong analog habit so I didn't have the conversion issues. But from what others have said keep in mind the slower nicotine uptake. Slower might require you to vape longer than your typical analog smoke break. Trying to go with really low nicotine ejuice at first is probably a mistake. Have to give the body what it wants for a while.

When other smokers ask you about this "thing" you are doing talk it up. Selling them (even if they aren't "buying") will help keep yourself motivated and pleased with your goal and how you are getting to it. With what is probably the best tool to break the analog habit, vaping!

Good luck and thanks for serving,
Brent

Get something that is going to perform (throat-heat, vapor production, warm feeling ;]) comparable to an analog, something with a battery that will last or have multiple batteries, and don't be afraid to be vaping constantly ALL day long! Its okay, just keep vaping, start with a nic level that is going to satisfy you and just keep doing it!

brfrompa

Sep 13, 2013
Emmaus, PA
Still in the closet. It does get weird looks. I think anyone can respect "I'm quitting smoking". Or should, for sure. Most of all smokers. But there are the smoking bullies that will bust on you. But they are bullying you into a higher risk of cancer so it's pretty much their problem not yours. And nothing wears off faster than the novelty of you vaping. As fast as you get comfortable with it they will get bored with the sight of it.

Hey, there is always "Girls don't like making out with ashtrays", LOL

Hang tough,
Brent

DruidPriest

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Find a local vape/smoke shop many of them have testers, find a flavor that blows your mind and vape on. Also I have taken to asking management/person in charge when I'm eating out or shopping about store policy on vaping most say no but their is something freeing about vaping in the open. Best of luck bro

DruidPriest
Vaping on and off for years. Coffin Nail free since 9/30/13

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well right now I am using a 1000mah eGo battery with a protank. Only problem I have is how long the battery is and crud that gets into the tip from working all day.

A 1300 mah Spinner vv woud be a good choice and it's shorter than a 1000mah Ego.

happydave

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    eGo USB passthough 1000 mah with an EVOD tank should do very well. 2 batteries is not a bad idea as well make sure you get some extra coils for the EVOD coils last me around 3 days with really heavy use.

there will always be the people that try to convince you to go back to analogs. the reason why is that they want someone around who also does it. because it validates there own use. this is can be true for any drug or anything. i had a friend that would exercise way to much like 6 hours a day before and after work his wife wanted to kill him because he was always at the gym. and he always wanted me to go along because in his mind it validates this poor choices.

vNistelrooy

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2013
    Malaysia
    Hi guys, im G from Malaysia. I believe a bulk of ECF members are from the US..im still new to vaping, still learning from forum posts and youtube. the super T ela brought me here, and upon reading posts from this forum, i believe it can be my home (if the community accepts me) coz i had a bad experience with my local ecig forum where n00b questions was totally ignored (i posted at the right thread, mind you). anyways looking forward to joining the community.

Hi Dan,
    I was amazed at how easy it was for me to quit smoking after I got my ecig. First of all, I told myself that when I wanted to smoke, I would vape for 15 minutes....the average time it took me to smoke a cigarette. If after that, I still wanted a cig, I could have one. (I really didn't think it would work, but was willing to give it a try). Well Dan, I haven't had a cigarette since that day. First of all, make sure you have more than one battery....you do NOT want to find yourself without a vape. Second, find a tobacco flavored vape juice you like. Vape it like a cigarette when you want one. Eventually, you will find yourself enjoying different flavors other than tobacco. BTW, I smoked for over 25 years before I quit with vaping. I cannot tell you exactly when I quit, because it was so final for me, I didn't note the date, but I believe it's been over 2 months. I did try an analog once since then, one puff and YUCK! Give me a clean vape over a cig any day!

I am vaping with Kangertech pro-II, Kangertech minis, and I keep 3 joytech egoT variables charged at all times!

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi guys, im G from Malaysia. I believe a bulk of ECF members are from the US..im still new to vaping, still learning from forum posts and youtube. the super T ela brought me here, and upon reading posts from this forum, i believe it can be my home (if the community accepts me) coz i had a bad experience with my local ecig forum where n00b questions was totally ignored (i posted at the right thread, mind you). anyways looking forward to joining the community.

You are very welcome here. Any questions? Just ask.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2013
    Upland, California, United States
    Hello my name is Dan and I'm getting back into vaping after smoking analogs for a few months. It seems tougher now than it was the first time I switched over from analogs for some reason. Anyone one have any suggestions on how to get back into the rythm? It may just be my surroundings after being stationed in Iraq and everyone smokes around you and at my base.

Hi Dan :)

For me this is my second time going into vaping. The first time I quit analogs using the Blu Cig Kit.

Now it's been a week with my 2nd time quitting and I would have to say the device your smoking with, the tank, and the juice make all the difference. At least it did for me. :)

The first couple days I would use my ecig when I craved a cig FIRST, wait a few minutes(ie. go to the restroom, clean my room, get something to drink, check Facebook, twiddle my thumbs, do a couple cart wheels, run a marathon, LOL just kidding about the last few haha.)

Then after waiting a few minutes, I would smoke half the cigarette, put it out. If it wasn't enough fullfillment, I would go back and use my ecig again, take a few puffs, put it down, and after a few minutes the nicotine craving would go away.

Then after a couple days, I would keep incorporating the ecig, keeping myself busy, video games, work, workout, and every 30minutes of whatever activity I would just puff my ecig a few good times.

After about a week the analog craving calms down A TON, your smell starts coming back, etc, which in my opinion made it easier to stay away.

That was what I did and I'm successfully going strong with no analogs (especially since I've found my favorite juices and have a good device to smoke them out of)- not to mention I still have 3 analogs sitting in my drawer...I just haven't seen a reason to use them. I keep them there almost as a safety blanket at first...and now I look at them every day and smile knowing I'm being healthier, will have better teeth, and always smell amazing! Also, remember- I think a big part of it has to do with guilt... yes, you feel guilty if you smoke an analog, but don't feel guilty- truly think of how far you've come to turn back now. Smell it, think of how nasty it truly smells, how your clothes smell, how your breath smells...realize how much better food taste again, your favorite drink, or dessert.

It's just like working out, keep your goals in sight...if you fall down- DON'T GIVE UP! Keep going with the determination to vape and eventually the analogs will fade into a distant memory. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread