Hi there. Janty or Sedansa???

Status
Not open for further replies.

onoua

Aug 7, 2008
Hi to everyone. I ve been reading this forum for the last days.

I own a mini cigarette bought from ebay. It did not impress me (taste, cartridge duration, vapour amount) but I do like this concept and I want to cut off the 15 cigs I have in a day.

I did my homework for my next model and I have come down to Kissbox classic or Sedansa DIVA. I know that many of you consider these to be the best two brands, but which one do you recommend (taste, vapour, battery, after sales, durability etc).
Also, I see that Janty offers USB and manual switch features. Is it a reason to prefer their model?

CU around

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Welcome onoua,

I have never tried a Sedansa, so I wouldn't be much help there for you. I do know that they have received very good reviews.

I do have a Classic Kissbox and yes there are things that need improvement but I do consider this one to be my favorite.

I like the fact that I can plug into the computer for power; however, I do not like the battery compartment on the USB cable.

Im sure someone will be able to compare both the Sedansa and Kissbox for you.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I have both janty kissbox classic and sedansa diva.
Both units give off virtually the same smoking experience apart from the manual switch on the janty kissbox classic. And also USB function on janty .
Both of the atomisers on both units are identical apart from the paint job but batteries on janty are shorter and thinner which to me feels nicer to hold in the hand.
Where the sedansa is the same length but feels slightly bulkier against the janty because of the thicker battery.
Cartridges .I don't like janty. But I love sedansa cartridges but that's my personal preference.
So for me at the present janty kissbox classic combine with sedansa cartridges keep me quite happy at the moment.
Less things to go wrong I would go for sedansa. Meaning less parts to go wrong.
But if you want the facility of manual switch and USB janty . Nice feel . Is the one.

For me personally I would put janty first But my partner prefers sedansa or auto switch as she cannot be doing with the manual switch keep pressing button to have a drag.
But saying this you do easily get used to the manual switch and get into a routine with it.
I do prefer the manual switch but also depends on what mood I'm in.

you probably heard other people saying and myself included top brands to do have quality control problems as well as the others but I personally feel these two brands have a far superior smoking experience but that is my opinion and there will be other people on this forum that will disagree. Either because they've tried the products. Or either they have never tried the products but are the first there to trash and criticise the product to.
Mention no names they know who they are.

So my friend you pay your money and make your choice.
I hope this has been some sort of help for you.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Hi Ned,
Well said. Although they'll always be the exception, you generally get what you pay for. That's why I started out with a more expensive one. The cheap ones may be fun to play with, but they're just that, cheap.

Regards,
Mark
Yes I agree Mark.
But I suppose if I hadn't started so cheap I wouldn't have had such a wonderful rest home and grave yard to keep tidy. batteries/Atomisers/ .. . Oh and a lovely selection of power charges and the leads just keep growing everywhere.

But we better not speak too soon as I might and most probably have to bring one of them back to life one day.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
ned not trashing any products but for a guy like me say using two or three carts a day..

what would the running cost be if i ran a sedansa.. say over six months.. only sedansa not having cheap back ups to fall back on.. i assume i would have to buy at east two upfront.. ??

trog

ps.. let me do the sums for u 184 euros up front for two divas.. 42 x 12 for my first months supply of 60 carts.. 504 euros.. a total of 688 euros for the first month then a nice 540 euros per month after that..

or 3388 euros over six months.. i dont doubt the smoking inexperience i do trash the price thow.. its beyond my league..

trog

Last edited:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
ned not trashing any products but for a guy like me say using two or three carts a day..

what would the running cost be if i ran a sedansa.. say over six months.. only sedansa not having cheap back ups to fall back on.. i assume i would have to buy at east two upfront.. ??

trog

ps.. let me do the sums for u 184 euros up front for two divas.. 42 x 12 for my first months supply of 60 carts.. 504 euros.. a total of 688 euros for the first month then a nice 540 euros per month after that..

or 3388 euros over six months.. i dont doubt the smoking inexperience i do trash the price thow.. its beyond my league..

trog
I think trog most of us I know will no it's essential to have a backup of whatever product you choose.
So for me my old DSE 103 or 901 or pen style whichever we have are always there if you have to wait for new part.
The sedansa atomiser is guaranteed they say for five years whether they will truly honour that who knows.
As you know the one part probably to buy more of would-be atomiser anyway as you well know. By the way sedansa atomiser will work with cheap pen style batteries it's not quite as lively but it works quite well.

Their cartridges aren't that cheap but if you drip them as well .I tend to use one a day or two at most. Where with 901 I would put between four and five with my personal smoking habit.

But because I am lucky enough to have the Janty kiss box as well. The Atomiser fits in these as well.

One tip you might like to know I think the classic Janty non kiss box is identical to the sedansa diva because the black version the Janty the black batteries on those look the same on pictures at Janty shop. And also is far cheaper than sedansa but we had already bought the sedansa by then.

But now that I have a seem to have settled with Janty and sedansa I will now probably order a few more units as spares for just in case.
In less I find a product that is as good . but I'm about to start trying cigars which I've just received the sedansa cigar which is on charge at present still because they forgot to send me the extra charger I bought two because of charging two batteries at the same time because as you know they take two .

Plus still awaiting the arrival of pillbox cigar to. We ordered this at the beginning of week exactly the same time as sedansa and received e-mail yesterday saying being shipped yesterday. As sedansa arrived yesterday. So it's funny how you can receive goods from Belgium .China Netherlands. In two to three days and have to wait longer for parcels to come within your own country.

I started writing this above trog before your edit.
While smoking the 901 I was budgeting on around 35 carts a week= five a day worst scenario. But Now one to two cards with dripping.

And I'm not into doing sums for everybody. We all have different budgets and we all have to go with whatever suits best individually.
If a person can't afford to buy and run an expensive car they don't and stay within their means .but they should not criticise and slag off and put people off who can afford it. As it is not their fault they perhaps are more fortunate than others. And do not want to be dictated to by less fortunate people .if they are less fortunate whatever their opinions are as could cause offence to some.

So I won't mention what car I drive because we shall be here all night . Agreeing and disagreeing on how much I spend on petrol.

Trog. Why ask questions on this forum you probably already know the answer to. Trying to spoil good people's advice and undermined in their opinions when all the good people here are all trying to do is help others to the best of their ability.
We don't need our intelligence insulted.

For all the good people that have had to read this .I am sorry if you don't agree.
But this post started out by somebody wanting help regarding their choices.
I felt I could share my experiences like we all do with others because that's what most of this is all about.
But I am getting totally fed up with people trying to spoil the topic. But I must admit we are all guilty of at times but I don't think it's fair on new members which want genuine help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread