Hi Vapors, today is my 22rd day without cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
I quit cigarettes 22 days ago. People say 21 days is one circle to get rid of a bad habit. I'm here to get more encourages to quit 12-year smoking habit(20 cigarettes per day). I believe I can make it.

The first 2 weeks I vaped Halo 6mg/ml Longhorn which I got from a show. These days I vape 1.5mg/ml Belgian Cocoa.

Am I going to get addictive to Nicotine ejuice? How can I proceed with my quitting, totally no smoking, no vaping at all. Thanks in advance for your reply. Wish everybody healthy & happy!

Vape?

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2016
Bribie Island, Australia
I quit cigarettes 22 days ago. People say 21 days is one circle to get rid of a bad habit. I'm here to get more encourages to quit 12-year smoking habit(20 cigarettes per day). I believe I can make it.

The first 2 weeks I vaped Halo 6mg/ml Longhorn which I got from a show. These days I vape 1.5mg/ml Belgian Cocoa.

Am I going to get addictive to Nicotine Ejuice? How can I proceed with my quitting, totally no smoking, no vaping at all. Thanks in advance for your reply. Wish everybody healthy & happy!
Welcome Game Thrones, it's the same nicotine that's found in cigarettes. Some people just gradually cut back on Nic strength in their ejuice, until the are eventually using 0%nicotine juice. Timing is individual. I'm off cigarettes 12 weeks, but am not thinking about quitting vaping. If you are already at 1.5 mg Nic, try getting a bottle with 0 %. You may find you don't notice. My belief is that vaping has got to be better than smoking tobacco.dont give up if you have to vape a while longer, it's getting off the cigarettes that matters most. And you've already done that, yay!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
Welcome Game Thrones, it's the same nicotine that's found in cigarettes. Some people just gradually cut back on Nic strength in their ejuice, until the are eventually using 0%nicotine juice. Timing is individual. I'm off cigarettes 12 weeks, but am not thinking about quitting vaping. If you are already at 1.5 mg Nic, try getting a bottle with 0 %. You may find you don't notice. My belief is that vaping has got to be better than smoking tobacco.dont give up if you have to vape a while longer, it's getting off the cigarettes that matters most. And you've already done that, yay!
Thanks very much for all your words. I know what to do next. Try 0% PUFF juice end of this week when i run out of my halo. LOL, Thanks dude.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hello and congratulations on 22 days! I'd recommend you be careful about cutting back on nicotine too quickly. I'd say go ahead and try the 0 nic, but also buy a back up of your current nic strength to have on hand. One mistake I've seen people make is to cut back too quickly and then cravings hit. You don't want to be in a position where the easiest solution to a nicotine craving is to go buy a pack.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
That is great! Definitely on the right path.

I, too, would be cautious about going to fast. Their is a lot of research about the "benefits" of nicotine. AND, more can be done in research, too. In my own nic reduction, I noticed that I had urges that I had to get over, too. Like, getting in the car to go somewhere. In smoking, it was light a cig. In vaping, it was to vape. It was just a habitual trigger. After a meal, just to sit and enjoy a smoke, or then a vape for a few minutes to let my stomach settle. Also, with my morning coffee.

I am going on 3 years and that little bit of nic is similar to my thought of a little bit of caffeine. I am glad to get rid of all those other cig chemicals, too. I will never get rid of my vaping gear. I like my Fruity Loops in the morning. :)

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
Hello and congratulations on 22 days! I'd recommend you be careful about cutting back on nicotine too quickly. I'd say go ahead and try the 0 nic, but also buy a back up of your current nic strength to have on hand. One mistake I've seen people make is to cut back too quickly and then cravings hit. You don't want to be in a position where the easiest solution to a nicotine craving is to go buy a pack.
So happy to see all words of you wonderful guys. LOL, My 28 days cigarette free. I vaped 0 nicotine instead of 1.5mg 5 days ago, It lasted not more than 2 days. You're right, Spazmelda, I just too rush to cut back on nicotine. I can't fight with nicotine craving.

Fortunately, I have a Vapor Punk Eternal Tobacco 12mg on hand, I mixed it with Puff 0mg, just like Gingertalk196 suggested. It really helps me.

I'm never so confident of quiting with encourages from you amazing guys. Vaping On! I will keep you posted about my convert. Thanks all friends.

Reactions: Iron Molly

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Congrats on 28 days cigarette free! I'm a pretty new vaper as well, and just changes over from Vuse cartridges (lots of nicotine in them, 48 mg, although not sure how much was really drawn with every inhale) to a pen type vaper. Right now I'm at 24 mg, only because I figured that would be the best to transition to after the "high dose" Vuse, and am more satisfied now and even inhale/vape less than I did with Vuse. My goal is to keep slowly lowering the nicotine concentration and see where I end up, maybe eventually 0 nic and vape as a "habit".

Still, I'm grateful that even with the expensive, and not terribly flavorful e-cig cartridges, I've managed to go 5 months cigarette free. This is the first time I've been able to kick a pack and a half 30 year smoking habit.

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
Congrats on 28 days cigarette free! I'm a pretty new vaper as well, and just changes over from Vuse cartridges (lots of nicotine in them, 48 mg, although not sure how much was really drawn with every inhale) to a pen type vaper. Right now I'm at 24 mg, only because I figured that would be the best to transition to after the "high dose" Vuse, and am more satisfied now and even inhale/vape less than I did with Vuse. My goal is to keep slowly lowering the nicotine concentration and see where I end up, maybe eventually 0 nic and vape as a "habit".

Still, I'm grateful that even with the expensive, and not terribly flavorful e-cig cartridges, I've managed to go 5 months cigarette free. This is the first time I've been able to kick a pack and a half 30 year smoking habit.
Thanks for sharing, Eskie. Great job you have done. Cartridges are costy. If I were you I would take a box mod and pick a good e-juice. Kick smoking habit, enjoy totally new life style. Vape on. My 30th day smoke free!

Reactions: glointhedark

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
Congrats on the transition. I'll second what other, wiser people have posted - don't rush it. I tried to do that and found that I got sort of lethargic and un-satisfied. I now realize that a little nic is not a bad thing...just like my caffeine. It helps keep me focused and I haven't killed anybody yet.

There's no set time limit on how long you can vape or how much nic you use. Don't feel pressured into quitting everything and then end up falling off the wagon.

Reactions: glointhedark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread