Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi, just signed up to look for recommendations on new devices. I'm George, nice to meet u all

Welcome @vapingallday George.

You have made a very wise decision to sign up and ask real vapers. As we all know (or should realize), the industry itself is full (and I mean positively bursting) with reviews that are only based on the circulation of money. $$$

Entire review websites devoted to selling hardware for commission not efficacy or vaping quality. $$$

Quitting smoking by switching to vaping is an emotive subject. Such a shame there are greedy people ready to recommend anything based on how much money they can make from fellow vapers.
If I named most of the review websites and charlatan people who like to think of themselves as "experts" in vaping or "influential people" in vaping, most of them are in it for the money.

It makes me sick. We can do without these people.

Thank goodness for forums and genuine communities. :)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi George and pleased to meet you, welcome
So if you want folks to suggest various devices that you might like you should tell us a bit about your smoking and what it is you hope to achieve from vaping and what you expect from a vaporizer.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about vaping devices have some major differences between them and vapers have some different approaches to using them, and of course different prices in the end.

Some want a simple "all in one" type device that is basically a plug and play. This extends to just buying pre-filled pods containing juice, wick, and coil, plugging them on to a battery device (called a mod) and vaping. Others want to get into it on a more complicated basis and try for great performance, as measured in cloud size and/or taste, by tweaking their devices and often building their own coils (not as hard as it might sound). That goes as far as making/creating our own juices (also not very hard to do). To many of us this becomes a hobby and not just a smoking cessation exercise.

To some they like a device that simulates a cig to others that is the last thing they want. The former usually like tight draws and small amounts of vapor clouds. The latter like wide open air flows and large vapor clouds.

Of course there is everything in between too. What you are willing to spend also makes a difference. Brother Bob should be on soon to post a lot of good reading links that will help you start to learn. And I haven't even mentioned the various strategies folks use to quit cigs for vaping, or the many juice options available, or the many different sort of devices that exist.

So tell us a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread