Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Paling

Nice to have some more UK along here on the ECF.

I have a good memory about where to buy stuff in the UK and the prices of things. Sometimes I get very anti certain vendors, but that's what happens when you've heard many thousands of stories about vaping, vapers and hardware & liquids.

(There's a LOT of BS out there.).... :eek:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Paling, welcome to ECF, and congrats on switching to vaping, that's fantastic. I think you will find tons of useful information here, can checkout the hardware section of the board for recommendations on mods and tanks, and the DIY juice forum is a fun, friendly place with tons of resources and new recipes to try. Hope you enjoy your time here and welcome! :)

Anna

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Hi Paling,
Glad you joined, rather nice that you told us of your interest. I also make my own e liquid and just bought a new vaporizer that I'm very happy with. I pretty much stick with the tobacco flavors when making liquids, plenty of choices of different tobaccos to work with plus adding other flavors in with the tobacco. I started always using warm water steeping when mixing liquid, some flavors don't need to be steeped but some do and it doesn't hurt. Bottles are placed in water kept at 130 F for six hours, I use and electric kitichen appliance with a rotary control. Much better than waiting a month or so.
Not that long ago I bought a Voopoo Drag vaporizer that I'm very happy with. I'm using it with a Smok Big Baby Beast tank with a RBA deck, SS Clapton coils. It can take the place of the Smok vaporizer that costs over twice as much.
I also make coils.

Paling

Oct 18, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi Paling,
Glad you joined, rather nice that you told us of your interest. I also make my own e liquid and just bought a new vaporizer that I'm very happy with. I pretty much stick with the tobacco flavors when making liquids, plenty of choices of different tobaccos to work with plus adding other flavors in with the tobacco. I started always using warm water steeping when mixing liquid, some flavors don't need to be steeped but some do and it doesn't hurt. Bottles are placed in water kept at 130 F for six hours, I use and electric kitichen appliance with a rotary control. Much better than waiting a month or so.
Not that long ago I bought a Voopoo Drag vaporizer that I'm very happy with. I'm using it with a Smok Big Baby Beast tank with a RBA deck, SS Clapton coils. It can take the place of the Smok vaporizer that costs over twice as much.
I also make coils.

I’m mostly mixing fruity/menthol types of juices at the moment. I got a bunch of desert/custard type of concentrates on the way, hopefully I can start playing with them over the weekend. However if I’m going to have the patience with their longer steep times are going to be the question.

I got two Baby Beast tanks with the RBA decks and a Goon RDA, I’ve innitially started doing a various bunch of different type of coils with Kanthal, but have now moved over to SS316L.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, congrats on all your vaping milestones. Deserts do require slightly longer steeping times, you can decrease the time by using heat or agitation (ultrasonic cleaner) should you so desire, but really the time passes fairly quickly. Fruits are great for shake and vape, but you're like my kid, he'd add menthol to fruits and blow clouds in my car that would make me want to hurl. To each his own however, that's just the beauty of DIY. Hope you have fun around the boards.

Anna

Reactions: Paling

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
I’m from the UK and started vaping in Apr this year.
I’ve already dipped my toes into DIY mixing and will be browsing a little bit more for advice on that next juice or Mod to try out!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided some of the best links to DIY out there. Might as well jump in with both feet.
Might like to read the following compilations:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
Could also check out:
UK Forum

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I was aware of the eliquid site, but that forum post is just amazing to start playing around with simple recipes. Thanks a lot!
I normally will "mix" the flavor as a single/standalone first. It gives me a good idea how strong and the general type of taste at the recommended percentage strength. I then keep a record of my first impressions. Once in a while, I will find a flavor that can stand on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread