High amp (low resistance) mods?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by spexicola, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spexicola

spexicola New Member

Hey guys, this is my first real question, so let me say thanks for the help in advance and consider this my introduction.

I'm a relatively new ecig user, and my first mod was a ProVari V1. I've been recently looking at low impedance cartos that require 4 amps of current. This, as I've come to find, is one of the main limitations of the V1. My question is, are there any mods out there that will handle that level of current and yet give the versatility of the ProVari?

2. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

From what I understand the V2 will give you more power output. Your V1 can be sent in for an upgrade. You might want to check with Provape to see what's required.

3. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

The Provari V2 won't handle 4 amps either. Their cutoff is 3.5amps, IIRC.

Smoketech has a new VV PV called the Vmax, i think. It will go to 5 amps, but it's hard to find right now. Only a couple vendors have even seen the thing, and it's not cheap. You can find more info about it in the variable voltage forum. If the price comes down a bit, it's going to give the Provari some sleepless nights.

4. Renzuli

Renzuli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

With your Provari , even without the upgrade , just use SR or even HR carto's and there will be no issues .

5. bubucis

bubucis Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just make your own mode only for 6.50$ just like i did. Check on ebay for boost up PCB 5.2v 3A. And it works perfect . For this pcb cut off is 5A for 8sec.

6. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to Maximum Vapors - E Cig Supplier sells box mods that can handle a dual coil cartomizers if that's what you're looking for. If you want to stack for 6 or 7.4V, just about any mechanical mod but if you go this route, please read the battery safety threads. I only use AW batteries for stacking.

7. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Theres a couple of 5Amp set ups around and more coming, look around a bit

8. jobski

jobski Full Member Verified Member

Check out international forums, there's one that has 10amp cutoff and runs 1.5ohm.. check UKV.

9. spexicola

spexicola New Member

The provari upgrade might do it. 4 amps was giving me some headroom. Thanks!

10. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Why the concern over half?

Power does the work and current is half the product equation.

P=IV So a VV device like the ProVari can get higher power output by upping the voltage within the current limiting safety circuit. (This makes using low resistance attys/cartos counter productive for folks who want more power.)

A Buzz has an upper limit of 15 Watts, a ProVari v2 has an upper limit of 14 Watts above 4.2 volts and a current limit of 3.5 Amps below 4.2 volts.

If you need more power than that and need an adjustable power output, you would be looking at a safer chemistry high discharge battery feeding a self wound rebuildable atomizer. Rebuildable has to be a requirement since pushing that much current through a very short length of wire is going to result in many broken wires.

Current alone does no more work than torque alone moves a car down the road.

11. dshark

dshark Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That is a great summary - and I agree. If you do not have the right drive train equipment between that big blown 502 cubic inch engine and the pavement then all that torque is wasted.

: provape, provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.