Status
Not open for further replies.

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
It was a PG tobacco @ 8% in a 12mg nic50/50 mix. Been working with some people in the New Member Forum. We seem to have gotten it figured out for the most part. One had a wick that was a lil too far in on one side....the other just needed to boost the power. Still not sure about the batteries holding their charge though. Am gonna be watchin those buggers like a HAWK!!!

Which flavors cause problems...I happen to like flavors. Hubby is even leaning toward them since seeing me drool over your web-site. This from the man who REFUSES to wear any thing PINK, refuses to drink any Fru-fru drinks, and Heaven help anyone who sticks something cute in his glass. :lol:

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
YES!!! PLEASE DO!!! NEED to know all of the sticky ones. We ALL would hate to get something that's gonna gunk out gear up:mad:. I went out and bought some vodka today, for readying the T3's for another flavor. (No one here drinks...Go figure!!) I also bought a toolbox but it will not work for the bottles I have, only 2 have any thing in them right now. Sooooo many empty bottles. Oh well, toolbox goes back tomorrow, will remember to take a few empty bottles with me this time. Still need to get a multi-meter. I figure, IF I have a bit of the odds and ends stuff, that's less to worry about later. Now only need to get more Nic-quid, Flavoring, PG, VG, and some Kanthal wire. Then I can MIX till I just can' mix no mores!! LOL The only time Hubby will see me is when he comes to get a new flavor or has a proplem with the gear. OMG!!! I just thought of another BONUS for him....I will NOT be talking!! OMGoodness!!!! LOL

Lau517

Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
ex ANALOG KID in nh
I must agree with Spike1964. I ordered an ego kit from HDV and one of the batteries was not working upon opening. When I buy something brand new, I expect it to work. I contacted John and he had me send it back. When it was returned to me IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. I contacted him again and he had me send it back a second time. Each time I sent it back I was told there was nothing wrong with it and that it worked perfectly fine. When it was sent to me a third time, it STILL DIDN'T WORK. Funny... the other battery is perfectly fine and I have had no issues with it. I contacted John, yet again, and was again asked to send it back. Really??? Again??? The postage costs were really adding up. When I approached that issue in an email and that I felt it was poor customer service to have a customer send a brand new item back three times without resolution, here is the response I got:

We tested your battery when it came back, and (I'm pretty sure) sent you the atomizer we tested it with just as a confirmation that it was tested and working.

I can't really repair them, they either work or they dont. When I get them back I put them on a known good charger, then put on a known good atomizer, usually the one I'm using and fire it. Not much more that one can do than that besides making sure that the threads are clean on everything...battery, charger, atomizer etc.

Send it back again, and I'll test it again. If it's working, I'll take a small video of me testing it and it working, then of me packing it up and sending it back to you.

-John

I thought this was an extremely condescending response. I didn't even reply. It's too bad I won't be doing business with HDV any more... I really enjoyed the juice sales. I just can't bring myself to do business with someone who clearly doesn't care if he is selling faulty merchandise and doesn't offer a refund or replacement.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
I must agree with Spike1964. I ordered an ego kit from HDV and one of the batteries was not working upon opening. When I buy something brand new, I expect it to work. I contacted John and he had me send it back. When it was returned to me IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. I contacted him again and he had me send it back a second time. Each time I sent it back I was told there was nothing wrong with it and that it worked perfectly fine. When it was sent to me a third time, it STILL DIDN'T WORK. Funny... the other battery is perfectly fine and I have had no issues with it. I contacted John, yet again, and was again asked to send it back. Really??? Again??? The postage costs were really adding up. When I approached that issue in an email and that I felt it was poor customer service to have a customer send a brand new item back three times without resolution, here is the response I got:

We tested your battery when it came back, and (I'm pretty sure) sent you the atomizer we tested it with just as a confirmation that it was tested and working.

I can't really repair them, they either work or they dont. When I get them back I put them on a known good charger, then put on a known good atomizer, usually the one I'm using and fire it. Not much more that one can do than that besides making sure that the threads are clean on everything...battery, charger, atomizer etc.

Send it back again, and I'll test it again. If it's working, I'll take a small video of me testing it and it working, then of me packing it up and sending it back to you.

-John

I thought this was an extremely condescending response. I didn't even reply. It's too bad I won't be doing business with HDV any more... I really enjoyed the juice sales. I just can't bring myself to do business with someone who clearly doesn't care if he is selling faulty merchandise and doesn't offer a refund or replacement.

So, by posting my email you've clearly shown that we took them time to work with you and try to resolve the issue. That doesn't sound like someone who "clearly doesn't care...".

We get a LOT of newbie customers and we get a lot of emails from them saying their batteries don't work upon first arrival, and the first thing we tell them is to check and see if they are turned on (ie 5 click on/off). Before we ship them out, we turn each battery on and off to verify it functions, we also add our own hidden mark on all our batteries during this process so I can confirm it's being done.

In this case as in with all of our returns we do test the returned items when we get them back to verify that there is indeed a problem. Roughly 30% of the stuff that comes back actually works fine and it ends up being user error. Whether is was that it was screwed on all the way, battery charger was bad, threads dirty, atomizer was faulty etc. In cases where the products work, we say so and send it back to the customer and often include the tested part with the return, such as an atomizer.

Here's the thing, we have to pay the shipping costs too, and it adds up for us as well but it is the nature of the online beast and we don't complain about it. Our policy has evolved into what it is now due to several bad egg's who took advantage of us and never returned the supposedly faulty products and it is the fairest option I can think of considering both customer and vendor share the shipping costs. Yes, other vendors send return labels for their return products, but those same vendors charge a lot more than we do and have factored in the price of the return in their overall pricing. As many of you know we have some of the best pricing in the industry and if we want to keep them that way then this is the best policy I can think of. I'm open to suggestions if someone else has a better one.

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
Glad you got it figured out. Some know problem flavors are:

Cinnamon Redhots
Ripe Banana
Absinthe
Rum & Coke
Fruit Bazooka
Wild Cherry

I'm sure there is more I'm missing, anyone else feel free to chime in.

Welp....after MUCH hunting and digging I found it. "IT" being a long list. Had NO idea!!! Just means I will have to get either GLASS or METAL TANKS. Unfortunately I spent my allowance with you nice folks at HDV yesterday!!! LOL....I told ya. I can NOT catch a break!!!

Here is a link to the "Tank/Carto/Clearo Killers" It's at the bottom of the page...just scroll down till you see all of the RED!!!! I could cope and paste the list as it is, so far, on here...but this way everyone can get the link and keep checking back on it as often as they like.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-36.html

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
?????

Hmm, I guess you didn't ever return to check your thread in General E-Liquid Discussion, if it took you much hunting...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...avors-tend-gunk-up-your-gear.html#post9181202

You are very correct...I did not go back to it. Right after I posted that I had a thought. I decided to do a search using the word 'Tank' and saw the thread!! After I read ALL of it, another reason I didn't go back to my 'Gunk-up Gear' thread, I remembered that Brewtus had asked me what liquid I was using...which started the posts B4 this one. He meantioned a few 'gunky' one So, I popped back over here to post the link to it. Then started hunting for METAL and GLASS Tanks because all I have are the T3's. I have some things coming that are on the 'Bad' list. (Also took the time to put a link to the 'Let's make a list' thread in the New Member area. It would have been nice to know about all of this B4 I bought flavors that will now be laying around in my DIY box looking at me for the next MONTH because I have no extra coinage to purchase what is needed to vape them in. RATS RATS RATS !!!!
I am, how ever, VERY VERY glad that you stuck that link on the 'Gunk-UP' thread!!! I am sure there are many, many people out there searching for this info. I know I sure was.

Last edited:

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Well, you asked for it, our famous 50% off e-liquids sale is back through the end of this weekend. Use coupon code: FIFTYOFF

Kindly allow 3-5 business days for your e-liquid order processing, as you know all our liquids are custom made per your order and these sales are ALWAYS high order volume times.

We also have some great new products on the site, like:

Innokin iTaste SVD
Innokin iTaste MVP
Innokin iClear16
Innokin iClear30
8 new DIY flavors from FlavorWest and new e-liquids available.
15 new ego carry case designs
AND MORE...

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Well, you asked for it, our famous 50% off e-liquids sale is back through the end of this weekend. Use coupon code: FIFTYOFF

Kindly allow 3-5 business days for your e-liquid order processing, as you know all our liquids are custom made per your order and these sales are ALWAYS high order volume times.

We also have some great new products on the site, like:

Innokin iTaste SVD
Innokin iTaste MVP
Innokin iClear16
Innokin iClear30
8 new DIY flavors from FlavorWest and new e-liquids available.
15 new ego carry case designs
AND MORE...

Sadly, they only let me like this once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread