-High-End Mechanicals and Atomizers-Pictures & Discussion Round 2-

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Oh no.
AV makes some of my favorite tubes and a box sounds enticing...but....

I hope it isnt a variation of that horrible Gyre dual battery thing with the sheet metal screws holding it together.

AV has some of the coolest mods but they were obviously drunk or caught up in their own bubble when they made that hunk of slag.
And knowing them they will just milk the design to death with multiple versions of it.

View attachment 660777

I like AV gear alot but this is janky crap unacceptable.
Only $600.

LOL I see clones of that mod on every website I visit and I think it is the most horrendous, ugly looking thing I have ever seen. Something you would see in a tacky display cabinet of a 90 year old.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
They used an acorn nut for a fire button.

7d71b36f-1b2c-48c9-b6bc-93ac20d138df_400.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Ya I'm so sick of the authentic game it ant funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am too except for the fact that my favorite mech brands are all blowing out gear for reasonable prices as of late. $40-70 for authentic Nemesis (locally) and Gus and GP Paps from Europe is worth it to me and I bought more than a few.

Having said that, not a friggin chance will you ever see me pay $10 for a little switch magnet or a "rice pin" that is basically a borderline microscopic sized piece of clothes hanger.

When I bought a few Nemesis authentics for about $70 each, I immediately ordered a stack of switch magnets from Fasttech for about $0.20 each (just as good as authentic!) and a couple of terrible quality FT Nemmy clones for $6 each just to cannibalize. An authentic Nemmy rice pin costs more than an entire Clone mod which is laughable.

I did the same with Kayfuns Lite Plus tanks. I bought a few full authentics when they were being blown out and bought clone replacement parts on the cheap. Rubber o-rings and tiny screws/plastic insulators for more than a few cents each is unreasonable. I ain't cheap, but I ain't stupid!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
There are a few crap ones out there, but there are some pretty awesome ones like Vape Passion Philippines. The Tahiti Box and Darang V3 are wonderful, machining is superb.

d036006d7d730cb75c37da309b1b61e7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are good and bad examples of both clones and authentics.
Same same.
:)
Its just alot easier to live with a janky purchase at $20 than $200+.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
There are good and bad examples of both clones and authentics.
Same same.
:)
Its just alot easier to live with a janky purchase at $20 than $200+.
You know the Manufactures of the Authentic's, most all clones are a crap shoot of even knowing who makes them. As I mentioned before I use clones to judge if I would like the Authentic all the while knowing that 99.99% of the time Clones are sub par.

I've certainly thrown out or given away $20-$30 clones that have been pure crap, example is the Copper Broadside, pure garbage (bought two for $30 each). Then there's the Anubis Clone, another $30 Clone that I gave away cause it was crap.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Weird, I've never had a bad clone of anything. Maybe I'm just lucky. I don't always buy clones and have quite a few high end mods and atties.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Elite Clone is decent, it's actually good enough to be my daily driver while I packed my authentic away for safe keeping. I got the Brass Broadside Clone, was decent quality, not bad. I decided it wasn't worth buying the authentic since I already own 4 SΩI Subzero Shorty's but thought the Clone was good enough to get a couple Copper (one for myself and another for a friend). Both Copper's the machining was horrid nor would anything fit right and ended up tossing them. The Anubis was larger than the authentic, switch wouldn't fire unless you unscrewed it out to almost the point of falling out. Poor quality aluminium, internals where made out of some material, maybe nickel or zinc or what ever cheap material they could get their hands on for it certainly wasn't copper, brass, etc. While the Authentic has silver plated Copper internals and negative contacts, quality brass and aluminium. That baby performs awesome, one of my favorite parallels.

Now don't even get me started on the Frankenskull Clone or a Puff Box Clone I got, pure trash that I tossed. I wouldn't pass that garbage on to anyone.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Yeah, I heard about the frankenskull, lol

Yeah I certainly won't be getting the authentic Frankenskull, $150+ for a 3D printed Box? No I'm certainly not up for the hype ya know. I'm sure the Authentic performs well, but certainly not worth even 1/2 of what they're charging for it. The Clone though, pure junk and a complete waste of money.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah, I heard about the frankenskull, lol

Have you tried a coppervape?
It will put those expensive squonkers into perspective.
;)

And to stay on topic:
GP with Bellus.
Yes, its a very nice mod.
And yes, I have clones that are built just as nice.
Edited to add: the Vape Syndicate Ti drip tip cost more than the atomizer.
20170602_174537-1.jpg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah I certainly won't be getting the authentic Frankenskull, $150+ for a 3D printed Box? No I'm certainly not up for the hype ya know. I'm sure the Authentic performs well, but certainly not worth even 1/2 of what they're charging for it. The Clone though, pure junk and a complete waste of money.

You wont touch a used authentic Franky for less than $400 if you find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread