-High-End Mechanicals and Atomizers-Pictures & Discussion Round 2-

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulaskin

Dec 6, 2016
I don't know Thy alright but still like normal mods I guess if I cud get 2 battery mech bf mods I may be into it more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really feel the need for a dual battery bf mod. On my bf mods i like to run single coil builds with a higher resistence than what i would do on a tube mod. I like to do some flavour chasing and less clouds. The single battery last me all day without problems and im running at 0.2/3 ohms.. Also the best part of squonking is the insane compact size! On 78x22*4x mm you got juice and battery. And on top of it a small rda with the advantages of an rda over a tank.
A dual battery squonk would be too big to carry and overkill imo. But just a matter of taste i guess.. The only big big downside of squonk mods, is that they're missing a locking mechanism. Or at least a proper one. I know there's the boxer squonk mod, but the others mods i see only have a kind of plastic piece to insert between the switch and the connector which is quite bad to use daily.

ieatOhms

Verified Member
May 12, 2017
That's my issue. I need an affordable parallel squonker. The very few that I've seen are ridiculously priced because there is little competition.

This was not crazy expensive and is an Alumide Dual Parallel 20700. He makes 18650’s as well. His IG is @CVAN911 super easy to deal. No waiting lists or super cool underground scavenger hunting necessary in order to get one. A simple DM suffices.

a0c2b8feb97d05caa380597b7858c53d.jpg

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
This was not crazy expensive and is an Alumide Dual Parallel 20700. He makes 18650’s as well. His IG is @CVAN911 super easy to deal. No waiting lists or super cool underground scavenger hunting necessary in order to get one. A simple DM suffices.

Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: ieatOhms

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

How much are thy?

ieatOhms

Verified Member
May 12, 2017
That's not that bad at all how are thy? Worth it?

I think so, considering I’ve paid more for single 18650 3D printed squonkers versus what I paid for for this dual 20700. They are on par with those for sure. The fit and finish is great on them and the parallel 20700 hits hard and the batteries last a good while.

Reactions: MMW

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
That brass stacked mod looks very interesting.
How's the switch?

I don't know yet but will ask in my group to see thy have not even been released yet I know the blood axe is going for 135$ don't know on the stacked AiV is the ones putting them out

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Reactions: ieatOhms

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
Well, my mechs probably don't count as "high end" anymore. Apparently they are out of date and out of fashion. But I like them, and a couple of them are brand new to me, so what the hell, I'm going to go ahead and post them.

The new ones are:

Mystic Atmos Zeus--Mystic Atmos made a limited edition run of 500 Zeus mods three years ago. It's a very simple, sleek tube design. The Zeus mod is all brass but mostly rhodium plated for better durability and corrosion resistance. I found a place that had one as "new old stock" and received it the other day. To my surprise, it turned out to be serial number 001. Personally I found that pretty cool. So I have named this baby "Zeus One" and made it my primary vape.

Stainless steel Nemesis--Recently ordered this direct from Atmomixani as a contender to take over as my daily driver. Loving this classic so far. But since I acquired Zeus One, the Nemmy will now be my secondary and back-up vape.

My old mechs are:

MCV Overdose--My daily driver for almost three years. Still love this all-copper mod, but I finally admitted to myself that copper isn't great for long-term daily use because the 510 threads wear quickly (I'm on my third top cap for the OD), not to mention all the cleaning.

Chi-You in brass--My first mech, bought almost four years ago. I found it too fiddly and too hard to keep clean in the brass. But I still like to look at it.

The top pics feature the mythical Zeus One. In the bottom pic, L to R, are my Nemmy, Zeus One, Overdose, and Chi-You:

OVGH1UZ.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, my mechs probably don't count as "high end" anymore. Apparently they are out of date and out of fashion. But I like them, and a couple of them are brand new to me, so what the hell, I'm going to go ahead and post them.

Ditto, same here, but I love them and thats all that matters :)

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
To me those are OG high end. Beauties.
Ditto, same here, but I love them and thats all that matters :)

Thanks, guys! I have formed a little theory that one day vape historians will look back at 2013-2014 as the Golden Age of Mechs. Seems like that's the period when the most classic designs were originally developed. Anyway, I recall that one of the main things that attracted me to mechs back then was the whole idea of a vaping tool that could theoretically last a lifetime. So it shouldn't be such a shocker if the mechs from that era are starting to seem "old school."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread