donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
My current collection: 2 Rollers, 1 Nemesis, 1 Poldiac
Others I've owned: 69 Mod, GP Paps, Gus Telescopic

What other high-end stuff out there would you consider for your collection?

What was the deciding factor in selling the 69 and keeping the rollers? I'm pretty much content with what I have right now. I was watching the GGTS and had decided to try to get one but I don't think I will. My daughter, who is in college at UNC Asheville, just moved into an apartment and I just dropped quite a bit of money getting her moved and setup, so no new devices for me for a while :( at least not something that's $200. The ihybrid pure is coming out soon and I'm watching to see what it does.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
What was the deciding factor in selling the 69 and keeping the rollers?
I really couldn't get used to where the button was...it was uncomfortable for me. It was ok at first but I think as the brass tarnished it was harder to make a connection. I could be way off though. It also could have just been an issue with the Kick as it would fire perfectly fine without the Kick.

I'm pretty much content with what I have right now. I was watching the GGTS and had decided to try to get one but I don't think I will. My daughter, who is in college at UNC Asheville, just moved into an apartment and I just dropped quite a bit of money getting her moved and setup, so no new devices for me for a while :( at least not something that's $200. The ihybrid pure is coming out soon and I'm watching to see what it does.
I guess I'll never be content...I'll probably just keep buying stuff to try and then sell and move on. It seems easy with mods that are sought after because you can use them for a few weeks and then sell them without losing money. As mods fall out of favor though it can be rough on the pocket book.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I really couldn't get used to where the button was...it was uncomfortable for me. It was ok at first but I think as the brass tarnished it was harder to make a connection. I could be way off though. It also could have just been an issue with the Kick as it would fire perfectly fine without the Kick.

I guess I'll never be content...I'll probably just keep buying stuff to try and then sell and move on. It seems easy with mods that are sought after because you can use them for a few weeks and then sell them without losing money. As mods fall out of favor though it can be rough on the pocket book.

You did good selling that 69 when you did.. I can't imagine that they will be out of stock much longer and once they come back and are available, they don't sell as quick or for as much in the classys. I kinda liked when the rollers and dingos were only in stock for a few hours every couple of weeks.. they were a bit of a challenge to get without being too hard to get. waiting for them to come back in stock (once I decided to get one) made it all the more satisfying to get.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
You did good selling that 69 when you did.. I can't imagine that they will be out of stock much longer and once they come back and are available, they don't sell as quick or for as much in the classys.
I lost money on the 69 with the shipping and insurance...but it was nice to have the mod and get to use it for a few weeks.

I kinda liked when the rollers and dingos were only in stock for a few hours every couple of weeks.. they were a bit of a challenge to get without being too hard to get. waiting for them to come back in stock (once I decided to get one) made it all the more satisfying to get.
I'll always say the hunt is the fun of it. I'm pretty sure I'll be hunting the Nemesis again in a few hours.

kdragn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
New York
paps lux is sweet. very sleek profile and the ability to stand a bottom-button mod vertically when unlocked with no concern of a misfire is absolutely awesome. i like the paps 2.1 and its button is great, too, but once i got comfortable with using a knuckle to hit the button on the paps lux i realized it was AWESOME. the only other quality bottom-button mod i can compare it to is the chi-you and i can't say which is better. the chi-you can be stood upright with most atties and its action is super precise, but the paps 2.5 button has a light action that i really like a lot, too. besides, they're totally different aesthetically and even somewhat functionally. the chi is ornate and the paps is minimalist and slick. the chi is heavy and the paps is light. i have two chis and two paps and i'm planning on getting more of each! :)

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
paps lux is sweet. very sleek profile and the ability to stand a bottom-button mod vertically when unlocked with no concern of a misfire is absolutely awesome. i like the paps 2.1 and its button is great, too, but once i got comfortable with using a knuckle to hit the button on the paps lux i realized it was AWESOME. the only other quality bottom-button mod i can compare it to is the chi-you and i can't say which is better. the chi-you can be stood upright with most atties and its action is super precise, but the paps 2.5 button has a light action that i really like a lot, too. besides, they're totally different aesthetically and even somewhat functionally. the chi is ornate and the paps is minimalist and slick. the chi is heavy and the paps is light. i have two chis and two paps and i'm planning on getting more of each! :)
Boom...thanks for the comparison. I didn't like the button on the 2.1 at all. Do you have the Nemesis? That button, for a bottom fire, is excellent. It's smooth and you don't have to lock it to stand it upright. If the Lux is anything like that then I will definitely be getting one.

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
I have a Paps Lux on the way. I passed on a Nemesis and Poldiac to buy it, but now I'm wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to compare the performance. The Paps connections are gold plated but silver is a better conductor. I've read that people say the paps hits hard. The only other mods in my collection currently are an Nzonic v1 and Dooks Platform, both have copper contacts and hit pretty hard.

kdragn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
New York
i didn't have any problems with the 2.1 button. it's primary drawback is that you have to lock it unless you put it down horizontally. because of that, the paps 2.1 is usually my designated bearer for the spheroid or terminator since those atties don't leak.

the 2.5 button is activated with a light touch, just like the 2.1, but since it's protected around the perimeter of the button housing from being pressed, it can be stood upright with no issues. you can even put it in your pocket with little concern. that does mean you have to press it in the center, but like i said, it was a quick process becoming very used to that.

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
Great thread.. I recently got my first real mechanical .. Got the poldiac 350 CW

I'm sold! I've thought about selling my other mods to get another, but I just can't part with them :)

I love the look of the Nemisis, but I've heard a few things that have me hesitating

People say the button is sharp, is that true or just nit picking?

I think the roller will be my next mod :)

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Great thread.. I recently got my first real mechanical .. Got the poldiac 350 CW

I'm sold! I've thought about selling my other mods to get another, but I just can't part with them :)

I love the look of the Nemisis, but I've heard a few things that have me hesitating

People say the button is sharp, is that true or just nit picking?

I think the roller will be my next mod :)

I haven't had any issues with the Nemesis button...I find it quite comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread