Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Boom...thanks for the comparison. I didn't like the button on the 2.1 at all. Do you have the Nemesis? That button, for a bottom fire, is excellent. It's smooth and you don't have to lock it to stand it upright. If the Lux is anything like that then I will definitely be getting one.

The GP PAPS v2.5 LUX is more than 'like that' :)
Besides what Kdragn perfectly opined, the GP-LUX is miles ahead in design & concept. Though manufacturing of both could be similar.

GP Lux, mail, closeup.jpg
_______
Lets' take the TUBE. It is a fresh introduction... Aluminium-Bronze. Rock solid, tougher than brass and 4 x times expensive than SS. And man, it's a head turner. At hand it feels more like Gold, definitely dazzles like one! There'd be patina? Yes. But, much later than brass.
_______
The top HEAD and bottom SWITCH. Made of certified EU 316SS. Higher grade than the previous v2.1, which was 304SS. And they r polished finish (shiny). Together they offer contrasting hues to the device, the body being Golden!
_______
The CONTACT POINTS. Telescopic head, obviously, who makes otherwise nowadays? But 24K Gold over Silver plated? Nah, not many! And this 24K Gold/Silver is all over -- the positive contact point, the bottom (negative) rest-nut and the telescopic post. This entire arrangement gives "conductivity" a new meaning. Though I may not be an efficient techie yet my multimeter suggested a mere 0.1-0.15v voltage drop without load, while it's consistently <0.20v with a 1.1-1.2Ω atty.
_______
The FIRING BUTTON. It's pointless to talk about the GP-LUX without describing it's new designed, innovative button! Hereon all PAPS shall adorn this refreshed button until Perseas comes up with something better. This is a rocker! Yes the LUX stands while being unlocked! GP created 4 ridges of 1mm height on the bottom of the locking ring, which enables the PAPS to stand upright without the need of being locked. And while talking of the advantages of this button design -- the PAPS firing button has even lesser travel now. It performs at nearly '0' pressure... it's a mere 1mm plunger... and thus akin to touch button!
_______
The LOCK RING. The design dept. of GP has another feather in their cap with this locking ring. The ring works super smoothly, locks/unlocks the switch just with a flick of the finger. Yes, one single flick rotates the ring into a full 360° turn, which is enough to do the job.
_______
The THREADS. All threads of the LUX and it's switch mechanism are calibrated. It's at 0.05 tolerance. So, the new v2.5 switches will be interoperable with all earlier versions of the PAPS, especially the v2.1. However, the new tubes wouldn't, with en earlier switch. The grooves are the best machined in a device as of now. Everything couples-in buttery smooth, effortlessly.
_______
OVERALL: This is one stunning device, an MPM (Must-Possess-Mod)!

porkchopharry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Los Angeles
I am going to miss the Nemesis tonight due to "responsibilities", I hate "responsibilities" sometimes. But since I have gotten "that mod" the last time I missed the Nem, I'm ok with waiting a bit longer.

Now, does anyone have the Sturm? And the Origen that is going to be released out of Korea soon looks pretty nice.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I am going to miss the Nemesis tonight due to "responsibilities", I hate "responsibilities" sometimes. But since I have gotten "that mod" the last time I missed the Nem, I'm ok with waiting a bit longer.

Now, does anyone have the Sturm? And the Origen that is going to be released out of Korea soon looks pretty nice.

Sir, I hope u've noticed... the Origen is 20mm. Thus, will leave an OD gap with most Mech.Mods.

Serket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
That hunt was too easy...was able to get a Kalafan Nemesis in under a min.
Agreed, I put my order in for a polished nemesis as well with no issues, no crashes, and didn't even have to F5 more than twice. Got a 20mm ring for it too for the Nimbus. Now for the waiting games :(

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Agreed, I put my order in for a polished nemesis as well with no issues, no crashes, and didn't even have to F5 more than twice. Got a 20mm ring for it too for the Nimbus. Now for the waiting games :(
The good thing about DHL, if they ship it out today it will arrive to you by Wed or Thur.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
That'd be pretty cool. The last two mods I got from Greece took over a week. (paps and Poldiac). Once the poldiac was shipped it only took two days though!
The Nemesis I got last week was shipped the same day it was ordered. I think Atmomixani tried to get them all out the same day with only a few shipping the next day.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
all of my paps and most of my poldiacs/dids arrived within two days of order. there's something to be said for DHL and its expense. other things i've ordered internationally via other methods have taken on average 10-14 days.
Yeah, the Divers I ordered from Atmistique took about 7 days. A ProVari ring I ordered from Rampage in Korea took a bit over 2 weeks. Sometimes things I order across the country takes 5 days. I <3 DHL and their witchcraft delivery methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread