high end mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I'm kinda wanting to get a really high end mod, for not so much of a high end price. Looking for something that will work really good with an rba, both in high ohm and low ohm, maybe even sub-ohm, and also still work well with something like a protank. At this point it looks like its a toss up between a DNA20 mod of some sort, and a mechanical with a kick. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
Mind if I ask why no kick? I guess the kick puts a limit on the output, whereas the straight mech mod puts output based on the ohm resistance of the coil itself? Or does the mech mod just put out a constant 3.7 no matter what ohm head or coil you have on it?

I'm not really seeing the advantage of having a straight 3.7 no matter what, resistance, unless maybe the kick would block very low ohm coils?

I'm just trying to understand the advantages of how these work, because most of the VV mods seem to have a pretty tight limit on power and adjustment, moreso with higher resistance coils. The DNA 20 seems to offer a bit more, but it also kinda blocks out adjustment on lower ohm coils, which I really have no intrest in going below a 1.4 right now, but in the future, who knows.

I'm really looking to get into RBA's, but is variable voltage a bad thing with an RBA?

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
Just my 2cents but "High End" = build quality and you pay for that level of quality. That having been said there are really sweet PV's out there that perform really well and you don't have to drop your inheritance to get them.

Innokin has the MVP and SVD, both have gotten great reviews, the new stainless Vamo V2 I know is really popular.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Im sorry to say that you dont seem like youre ready for a high end mod.

Why? Because from your questions (asking questions is good!) it appears to me that you dont actually know yet what a mech really does, what the difference between devices is, why one might choose mech over electronic devices, and the likes. Im not trying to rip you; i sincerely think that it is too early and that you should spend more time researching before dropping your money. This way when and if you have a high end mod you can actually appreciate the money you spent on it.

fussion

Jan 13, 2012
serbia
Lot of questions for you to be answered before a real high end mod.
Battery part not so much but atomizer yes .
For high end battery part as a beginer I would recomend VV or VW mod and stay a way from the mechanicals untill u perfect atomizers and recoiling , playng whit diferent materials and so on untill you are apsolutly shure what you are doing and know what you want to achive

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
The variable wattage Vamo has a 5 amp switch but still can't handle below about 1.2 ohms.

That always puzzles me; i wonder if anyone figures out what amperage the VAMO really can handle (as opposed to the advertised 5amp switch).

Well i mean if i stack its a different story, but i dont like stacking.

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
I'm kinda wanting to get a really high end mod, for not so much of a high end price. Looking for something that will work really good with an RBA, both in high ohm and low ohm, maybe even sub-ohm, and also still work well with something like a protank. At this point it looks like its a toss up between a DNA20 mod of some sort, and a mechanical with a kick. Anyone have any suggestions?

Seems to me you'd be much better off with that DNA20 mod rather than a mech.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO you kinda have the cart in front of the horse here. I like high end mods that will last me a lifetime. That said, first you need to know what you want from the PV, and then find the mod that serves that purpose. Buying an APV with no idea of what you want, you may find yourself stuck with what the mod does instead of what you want.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    count on spending about 100$ if not more. even if you find a nice evic for 60-70$ you still have to come up with batteries and a charger. i bought a segeli zmax for about 110$ that came full boat. 2 18650 batteries,charger and a clearomizer. just add juice.
    you could always have some fun with it and build youre own

The variable watt (VW) Vamo with batteries and charger will run about $72 or less.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2013
    Las Vegas/San Francisco
    I'm kinda wanting to get a really high end mod, for not so much of a high end price. Looking for something that will work really good with an RBA, both in high ohm and low ohm, maybe even sub-ohm, and also still work well with something like a protank. At this point it looks like its a toss up between a DNA20 mod of some sort, and a mechanical with a kick. Anyone have any suggestions?

When you are ready, you might consider a precise ela.
    pu4e7aty.jpg

ETA: I just reread and noticed one of your comments. Get a Sigelei mech instead. They are much more practical.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

Last edited:

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2013
    Norman, Oklahoma
    When you are ready, you might consider a precise ela.
    pu4e7aty.jpg

ETA: I just reread and noticed one of your comments. Get a Sigelei mech instead. They are much more practical.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.
    Have you had any experience with it? It's definitely in my top 3

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread