Not open for further replies.

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
@Fyla

Like I mentioned, 15watts and power boost set at 5

Battery at 3.6v and the tank is almost finished ;)

83685bbbacd38e4f1322be9060766946.jpg

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

So it doesn't drain battery crazy way. That's nice to know. Tyvm dems

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
So it doesn't drain battery crazy way. That's nice to know. Tyvm dems
I'm actually going to start using in 350 mode more than just running errands now, lol

It's an absolute delight to use, and the power boost makes a difference. I can knock the watts back a little bit without sacrificing the actual vape, but still save some battery :)

Gorsh golly gee, I love this thing [emoji14]

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I'm looking at a sx350 single 18650 mod but my question is how much battery life would I get vaping at 35 to 40 watts? thanks

Very little, but that is true with any of these regulated mods. IMO SX chip is suited to dual battery configurations, single battery with it is terrible. DNA chips are more efficient in single battery situations. But neither of them are great for single battery life at 35 to 40 watts. No matter the efficiency of the chip they cannot internally manufacture power.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Very little, but that is true with any of these regulated mods. IMO SX chip is suited to dual battery configurations, single battery with it is terrible. DNA chips are more efficient in single battery situations. But neither of them are great for single battery life at 35 to 40 watts. No matter the efficiency of the chip they cannot internally manufacture power.

Just chiming in here to agree. Battery life on a SX350 chip with a single 18650 is terrible. Carry spares if you're going out with it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just chiming in here to agree. Battery life on a SX350 chip with a single 18650 is terrible. Carry spares if you're going out with it.
Isn't that depending on how you vape? I'm low wattage and I see no discernable difference between the SX (S) and any of my Provi's.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I'm low wattage and I see no discernable difference between the SX (S)

I'm alternating between SX S and SX M. S is set at 22.2 watts the M is set to 24.8. I put new batteries in last night and after a day of use both are at 3.87 or so. FWIW.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, the SX350 Mini in the S-Class and the SX350J in the M-Class are both much better. The chip Fear and I were referring to is the standard SX350 60W/100W version, which seems to drain batteries a bit quicker than the newer mini versions used in the SX Minis.

That's in the IPV Mini, correct? Because I have noticed a difference in that one, although not a tremendous one. @Katdarling seems to have noticed it a bit more than I do, but I only use the IPV sporadically. I'll now give a full battery run-through, just to get a better feel.

Thanks for the info - good value.

Reactions: Katdarling

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Nope, IPVs that use Yihi SX-based chips are specific versions made by Yihi just for those devices, so you can't compare them to the premium versions they use in their own devices (like the SX Mini) or sold as modder boards.

Hope that makes sense.

I don't own an IPV so I can't comment on battery life on those chips.

The standard SX350 60W/100W chip I'm referring to is the one with the 'square' display, as opposed to the 'rectangular' display used by the new mini chips.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Somewhat, thanks. I knew the IPV's were a step down, but I don't know the specific details. I just know that Kat said her's burns through batteries, and mine isn't used in a way that's qualified to comment. My SX seems fine (battery wise).

Comparable to everything else that I run at similar power, at least.

Reactions: Katdarling

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Lol thanks guys, after reading this entire thread and the thread on high end RTA's my vgad (vape gear acquisition disorder) is in full swing. In the last week or so I've ordered a flashEvapor v3, an erlkonigin, a wae2 and a dicodes 2830. Pretty sure I've blown the vape budget for the next 6 months. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread