Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
It is designed so the air flows evenly over a spaced coil. You could stuff cotton in a hole or two, but that would be defeating the purpose of the design.
I considered that but the posts don't seem wide enough for a proper spaced coil across all 3.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
[emoji15] The ESG skyline new batch were sold out in 5 mins, seems a lot of brothers still want it badly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grabbed one from the last release, it should be here today. Todd and Damien both gave it a glowing review, I sincerely hope it replaces my v1.3 canes. Ordered the lung kit, and the MTL deck to give them both a shot.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I considered that but the posts don't seem wide enough for a proper spaced coil across all 3.
just to say, its good to make sure the coil spans all three holes. If it is too short, the first and third holes just blow on the ends of the coil and achieve nothing really. In this scenario, the vape can get very unpleasant as the center hole is only really supplying the center of the coil and the lack of air on the rest can make it somewhat 'coughworthy' if you know what i mean! To be honest, i would prefer the holes to be a tad closer together...a narrow slot would be good but it would have to be perfectly machined to make sure the flow was directed properly so not feasible really....there is probably also an issue of turbulent vs laminar air flow here that makes the slot a bad idea....

Reactions: Yonjuro

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Just off topic, want to ask any brother in U.K., is that the law in UK is not allowing vaping gear to export outside U.K.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as far as I know (and I follow these things quite closely), Import and export of vape gear in the UK is as normal.

Definitely no laws preventing it.

Last edited:

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I see, thanks as i have an item in UK but Fedex told me that cannot be exported, so strange :-(

Strange. It'll either be a Fedex thing or could be to do with import in your country, maybe.

I know Hong Kong was planning a ban on the import of vape gear but I'm not certan if it was implemented or not.

I looks like it may have been :(

Ken Newbie HK

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Strange. It'll either be a Fedex thing or could be to do with import in your country, maybe.

I know Hong Kong was planning a ban on the import of vape gear but I'm not certan if it was implemented or not.

I looks like it may have been :(

As of I know, only e-Juice with nic cannot be imported but never heard that vape gear cannot be imported as well. That's very strange :facepalm:

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
As of I know, only e-Juice with nic cannot be imported but never heard that vape gear cannot be imported as well. That's very strange :facepalm:

Sometimes courier companys will set their own rules on what they will export to other countries, with vape gear being such a global grey area at the moment, it is possible that Fedex themselves have decided on this rule.

Maybe a different courier company will be more obliging.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
Kiba,
My current flying kit has been (and will continue to be) a KF mini v3 paired with a COV Mini Volt. I wanted something small that was reliable, decent flavor and would not require a zip bag.
The V3 gets a lot of use when I fly. Certainly not the most expensive rta or the best flavor but it is small enough and decent enough for travel.
I got into Pittsburgh today from Brownsville through DFW with no leaks as usual. I bought the Mini Volt thinking it would be a novelty but it actually performs pretty well for the size. Longevity is yet to be determined as I have had it for about 5 months now.
A couple of my favorite NET's are great in the Mini V3.

I continue to consider a Flash E for travel but this setup being tight keeps me from going down that road, for now at least.

I've read this thread 3 or 4 times now and don't see any mention of the Quasar T. I just got one and it is a pretty nice MTL with great flavor. There's little info about it out there that I could find.

If anyone is interested I can post additional info. I walked into a shop in San Antonio ready to buy a Hussar or a Hurricane and am very happy with the Quasar made by Viscous Ant for Cosmic Innovations.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Can you post a pic of the build in the deck? Maybe your proper spaced coil is improper.
It's not mine so, not about to take it apart, it's just a normal spaced coil but in order to fit inside the chamber with the juice control sleeve and how the posts are, it won't quite cover all 3... At least it seems that way.

My cousin is new to vaping and so is buying all the things, always funny to see, when I moved in to help with the mortgage he promised to stop smoking inside, then it got cold. but he's crap at building coils with finicky wire types and I guess the 3 holes confused him, lol, so I ended up doing it. I suggested the NiFe52 bc it's easier to work with than my preferred 430 SS. he said before he asked me for help he spend 10mins fiddling with the deck and ring trying to close the outer 2 holes.

Kiba,
My current flying kit has been (and will continue to be) a KF mini v3 paired with a COV Mini Volt. I wanted something small that was reliable, decent flavor and would not require a zip bag.
The V3 gets a lot of use when I fly. Certainly not the most expensive rta or the best flavor but it is small enough and decent enough for travel.
I got into Pittsburgh today from Brownsville through DFW with no leaks as usual. I bought the Mini Volt thinking it would be a novelty but it actually performs pretty well for the size. Longevity is yet to be determined as I have had it for about 5 months now.
A couple of my favorite NET's are great in the Mini V3.

I continue to consider a Flash E for travel but this setup being tight keeps me from going down that road, for now at least.

I've read this thread 3 or 4 times now and don't see any mention of the Quasar T. I just got one and it is a pretty nice MTL with great flavor. There's little info about it out there that I could find.

If anyone is interested I can post additional info. I walked into a shop in San Antonio ready to buy a Hussar or a Hurricane and am very happy with the Quasar made by Viscous Ant for Cosmic Innovations.

I've had no luck with the vacuum type atties, I've been using a slightly modified taifun gt 3 for travel, it's not my favorite but the tolerances seem to be tight enough to not have to put the whole thing on a ziplock bag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread