High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Hey Yonjuro, do you know where I could find some replacement screws fo the hussar single coil deck? Mine are a bit crunchy and I can't seem to find any. You would think that being a machinist I could find some around the shop but no luck.

I'm sorry but I haven't needed to contact customer service for any. I do believe they are very helpful though, so if you can contact the place you bought it from they will give you the email address of the person to speak to. Someone else may know the size you need. Are there none in the spares pack?

Jgamble13

Dec 7, 2015
I'm sorry but I haven't needed to contact customer service for any. I do believe they are very helpful though, so if you can contact the place you bought it from they will give you the email address of the person to speak to. Someone else may know the size you need. Are there none in the spares pack?
The spares pack includes the smaller size screws but they don't catch the wire as well. I prefer the big ones and it just so happens that mine are a bit crunchy. Thanks for the help

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
I have contacted them on the 4th of Jan and got no answer since.. I am not sure if those guys are in still in business at all. In german forums ppl amass complaints of the company beeing unresponsive.
Their website has been unavailable for some time, email is not answered.
I actually started a thread a week ago , Hussar vapes out of business. One person posted in my thread that their still in business without offering any proof. Everything points to them having closed up shop. Maybe they will start up again but their bad business practices left a burnt taste in a lot of vapers mouths.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I actually started a thread a week ago , Hussar vapes out of business. One person posted in my thread that their still in business without offering any proof. Everything points to them having closed up shop. Maybe they will start up again but their bad business practices left a burnt taste in a lot of vapers mouths.
i just posted there again. they are not OOB so lets leave it there...my interactions with them have been absolutely excellent! enough said and please leave this out of this thread :)

Reactions: Yonjuro

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I have contacted them on the 4th of Jan and got no answer since.. I am not sure if those guys are in still in business at all. In german forums ppl amass complaints of the company beeing unresponsive.
Their website has been unavailable for some time, email is not answered.
their website is not supported and the only way to sensibly interact witgh them is via the FB group unless you have a specific issue that the original vendor can refer to them.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
If a company states they have an email contact they should answer via email. Forcing customers to FB is at least bad style and in some european countries bordering on the illegal. Great product, very bad business practice.
Not talking to customers is communicating very clearly the appreciation that company has for those that would potentially buy and those who already bought their stuff. At least the first group has not yet invested...

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
i just posted there again. they are not OOB so lets leave it there...my interactions with them have been absolutely excellent! enough said and please leave this out of this thread :)
No problem, I haven't had any issues with mine. Ironically though the only thing I was mildly disappointed with was the same thing ACE is looking for. The extra pair of screws are literally half the diameter of the pair that is already screwed into the deck and the quality of the steel is lacking compared to the skyline.

Jgamble13

Dec 7, 2015
No problem, I haven't had any issues with mine. Ironically though the only thing I was mildly disappointed with was the same thing ACE is looking for. The extra pair of screws are literally half the diameter of the pair that is already screwed into the deck and the quality of the steel is lacking compared to the skyline.
I messaged Mateusz from Hussar yesterday and he directed me to another employee. They're going to be sending out my new screws today. They were very helpful.

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
I messaged Mateusz from Hussar yesterday and he directed me to another employee. They're going to be sending out my new screws today. They were very helpful.
That's great! About time they communicate with their customers.
In the meantime I just placed an order for my second Hussar, esmokeguru has them in stock today.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
That's great! About time they communicate with their customers.
In the meantime I just placed an order for my second Hussar, esmokeguru has them in stock today.

So let me get this right...

You start a thread saying they are closed down and questioned a respected member on this forum saying where was the proof. You state the quality of the metal is lacking and the customer service has left a bad taste in your mouth...yet you just ordered another one ??? o_O:confused:

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
So let me get this right...

You start a thread saying they are closed down and questioned a respected member on this forum saying where was the proof. You state the quality of the metal is lacking and the customer service has left a bad taste in your mouth...yet you just ordered another one ??? o_O:confused:
That's exactly right Yonjuro!

If I wasn't happy with my Hussar I wouldn't care if they went out of business but since its one of my 2 favorite RTA's I was concerned that they went OOB; that is why I started that thread. I respect that forum member too but he is not infallible (none of us are) so I can question his statements- fortunately he turned out to be right. The metal is subpar and the "bad taste" comment in my mouth was a euphemism, I didn't mean it literally; infact I get slightly better flavour from my Hussar than even my skyline.

It was all constructive criticism and concern for one of my favorite RTA's and it's maker
Here are my critiques I told Basili about the skyline- I'm not happy it's only 4ml capacity, should have been 5ml. No Ultem tank option.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
because the thing is the size of a small family saloon with only a 2ml capacity..its stupid! The V2 is a major fail imho...

But that isnt the point, i dont dont get why you think the skyline should have been 5ml and not 4?!? its a 4ml atty and that is how is was designed and it looks great! what's the problem?? Ultem?!?! why ffs? Its yellow?!?! Glass is so much better...ultem/pmma is used pretty much only when the tank has to be threaded. Threading the tank is easier because it means you dont have to worry about sealing against a metal assembly. Just a different way of doing things but why is it better?!?

Last edited:

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
because the thing is the size of a small family saloon with only a 2ml capacity..its stupid! The V2 is a major fail imho...

But that isnt the point, i dont dont get why you think the skyline should have been 5ml and not 4?!? its a 4ml atty and that is how is was designed and it looks great! what's the problem??
Listen I would I have preferred if it were 5ml and there was an ultem tank option. That is my opinion , ok?

Let's just get back to talking about high-end rta's without discussing their specifications so you don't get offended. I don't want to get into a virtual slugfest.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Listen I would I have preferred if it were 5ml and there was an ultem tank option. That is my opinion , ok?

Let's just get back to talking about high-end rta's without discussing their specifications so you don't get offended. I don't want to get into a virtual slugfest.
fine! I'm not offended at all. Your opinion is entirely valid!! Between us all we might even design the perfect RTA!! :)

cheers

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread