kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Update on the rose;

So I was checking it every few hours at work with no leaking, then just a few little drops coming out but it was collected inside the 510 of the atty with just a drop or two resting on the + post of the mods 510, but then I forgot for like 6hrs, took it off and the mod was full of juice, had to spend an hour unscrewing the whole mod and putting it back together. This is with all brand new orings that I specifically checked each one for irregularities... sorry but this thing is badly designed junk imo.

I need to throw it away or ill forget and try to use it again.

Reactions: Yonjuro

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Update on the rose;

So I was checking it every few hours at work with no leaking, then just a few little drops coming out but it was collected inside the 510 of the atty with just a drop or two resting on the + post of the mods 510, but then I forgot for like 6hrs, took it off and the mod was full of juice, had to spend an hour unscrewing the whole mod and putting it back together. This is with all brand new orings that I specifically checked each one for irregularities... sorry but this thing is badly designed junk imo.

The problem with it for me is that the af hole in the deck is pretty much flush with the deck surface and its not clear to me how the wire holes are actually sealed so if the JF is open even a quarter turn too much and you dont have a whole bunch of wick in there, it will eventually seep down one of the three orifices and eventually out the 510. I love the vape on this thing but the leakage down the 510 just p'd me off too much so i sold it....shame!

Reactions: Yonjuro

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
The problem with it for me is that the af hole in the deck is pretty much flush with the deck surface and its not clear to me how the wire holes are actually sealed so if the JF is open even a quarter turn too much and you dont have a whole bunch of wick in there, it will eventually seep down one of the three orifices and eventually out the 510. I love the vape on this thing but the leakage down the 510 just p'd me off too much so i sold it....shame!
Yeah it's just not worth it, sucks bc I like the vape that you get off a really short wick like the rose and ubertoot.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Idk if I asked this but how many wraps and what spacing are you guys using for a TC coil in the hussar? do you try to move the coil down a bit closer to the hole?

Also is there a way to get just the spare tank? I ordered some of the ones from FT for backups and they fit but theyre kind of tight & jc don't turn as smoothly as the authentics. Vapinart don't sell just the tank aparently.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Idk if I asked this but how many wraps and what spacing are you guys using for a TC coil in the hussar? do you try to move the coil down a bit closer to the hole?

Also is there a way to get just the spare tank? I ordered some of the ones from FT for backups and they fit but theyre kind of tight & jc don't turn as smoothly as the authentics. Vapinart don't sell just the tank aparently.
i have 7 wraps of 27g NiFe48 around 2.5mm which is around 0.27Ω. probs 1.5-2mm from air hole!

You can try emailing them as I havent seen spare tanks available anywhere!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
i have 7 wraps of 27g NiFe48 around 2.5mm which is around 0.27Ω. probs 1.5-2mm from air hole!

You can try emailing them as I havent seen spare tanks available anywhere!
Do you try to push it down a bit? I always feel like it's up a little high but it seems to work. My 28g SS 430 always comes out to around .8-9.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I probably do push it down a little. Been a while since I recoiled it to be honest!

yeah, the higher resistivity of SS over NiFe's is a plus but for me, the much higher TCR of NiFe48 carries the day!!
I have some resistherm and nifethal but it has a flavor to it kind of like kanthal does. I still think it's probably the best TC wire to use in mods that use tcr though.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Update on the rose;

O'ring here will fix leaking 510 pin.

When I got this tank it leaked only after 1 tank. Luckily I unmounted the tank when I was refiling or I could damaged my mod. It needed just a wipe and it was OK. After that I installed 1 o'ring and monitored what is happening with the pin. It was still leaking. Probably because fist o'ring was little thin. I added another o'ring and now 510 pin is completely dry.

rose oring.jpg

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
O'ring here will fix leaking 510 pin.

When I got this tank it leaked only after 1 tank. Luckily I unmounted the tank when I was refiling or I could damaged my mod. It needed just a wipe and it was OK. After that I installed 1 o'ring and monitored what is happening with the pin. It was still leaking. Probably because fist o'ring was little thin. I added another o'ring and now 510 pin is completely dry.

View attachment 657339
Yeah that's one of the ones I replaced, I've tried a few different sizes in there... this time it worked for a little while but I'm guessing it kept filling up with juice or pressure from going indoors/outdoors got to it or something... like I said though I think that is kind of a band-aid fix for a flawed tank that's literally always leaked on me and most everyone else I know that has one. No matter what you do you've still got juice where it's not supposed to be and eventually that will cause a problem. I mean this is a problem that could potentially damage part of your mod, and idk anything they've done to fix it... I'm just done w/ it I'll pif it or throw it away so I don't forget and try again.

Last edited:

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
I thought you were replacing different o'rings.

Eden mods offer small o'rings for the positive pin. Maybe last try. :D

I love this atomizer. Yes, it can be a PITA with leaking, turning upper ring and high maintenance, but the way it vapes and how I got it, makes it my precious.

I'm 986th in line for Turkish made Spica RTA. 735 of them were already shipped. I hope it's worth the wait.

17553708_10154226972195653_8231682650134363944_n.jpg

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
IMG_0437.JPG
The ST drop kit for the GTIII is what this RTA needed to be a daily driver for me. It's a great atty but felt huge and I did not like the caged tank. Sort of Marvel Comics in appearance. A cumbersome design requiring needle nose for disassembly topped off with a pitiful thin glass tank and no spare. I'm a MTL/DTL and the wide bore drip tip was not for me. The ST kit and a KF (clone, shame) drip tip has put this well made RTA in my daily rotation. The GTIII may now be part of my travel kit too. First trip with it, so far so good. A big thank you to the folks at ST!

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Just got the Dwarv...

It is neat! Well machined (very well), no oil, nice neat package. It is a very nice little RTA. Havent built it yet but first impressions are extremely favourable!!

I was just about to order one! Let us know how you like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread