• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

High power box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check for you and let you know.

So far enjoying it. After using, it does what it says it will, but anything over 40w is too much IMO and I only go higher when I need / want to irritate someone.

The only gripe I have is the that it does not have a magnetic batt cover - the sigelei does. Beyond that, the small fire button doesn't bother me and the additional "features" in the modified yihi chip is a plus.

yeah... Temp control will make things interesting. Another way to take my money! That's the right direction to move to though.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Just saw vapefueljapan.com has the Sinaw v2 which has the dna40 chip. ¥37000 though, bloody lovely!
d68afe490c2c7dc235ed4ba27a4795bd.jpg

Angrygaijin

Dec 3, 2014
Japan
The eGrip I just got goes to 20 watts, but everything is built in.....tank, and all with replaceable atomizers only. Great little device and it can handle high VG. Compact and easy to carry.

I think that sounds as high as I would ever want to upgrade to. I'm pretty happy with my Triton but have to ask, what's so special about these box mods? I think I understand when they say it can handle VG, which may be hard to get a good vapor off of with low watts, but 100w, that's watts right?
I have to admit I'm not getting the full nicotine buzz I was used to with analogs, but I put that down to the juice I'm vaping, 12-16mg. Maybe I'll move up a notch in nic levels on my next order. Also I only vape occasionally, I charge my Halo batteries once per week.

Out of curiosity, why so high watts etc?

Thank,
AG

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
I wonder if all that wattage is really necessary, what do you think?

Depends on your build. If you've got a 0.15-0.2 resistance build, say with 22 gauge kantal, then you're gonna need 40+W to get enough power to heat the coils sufficiently. 60w might be plenty. Above that is for crazy clouds and what not.

If you're using regular ohms, 1.0 or above, then yeah 100w isn't really necessary.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
Just saw vapefueljapan.com has the Sinaw v2 which has the dna40 chip. ¥37000 though, bloody lovely!
d68afe490c2c7dc235ed4ba27a4795bd.jpg

man, those are sexy boxes, but i have had nothing but bad luck with wood boxes. has a classique made of kamagong that split in 2 spots, now its fire wood. also picked up a no name kamagong box mod that did the same. i have since iven up on anymore wood mods.

as for the high power boxes, i had the sigele 100w box and it was fantastic. that was the box i smuggled into singapore when i was down there for a few weeks. the only down side was the manual adjust 510 pin.
i also have a MUMS CX 110w raptor chip mod. that is my daily driver. absolutly fantastic, but pricey.
ithen, for my arounf the house mod, i have the Karbon Mod OKR box. its a 60w OKR chipped box. the thing is just too damned sexy to risk taking it outside and dropping it...

cant go wrong really with the sigele. the 100w V2 is supposed to be even better. it has a spring loaded 510 on it

box mods.jpg

Last edited:

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
The eGrip I just got goes to 20 watts, but everything is built in.....tank, and all with replaceable atomizers only. Great little device and it can handle high VG. Compact and easy to carry.

you should try the rebuildable atty base they have for the egrip. it really open up the airflow, and gives a much thicker vape. basically a kayfun deck for the egrip.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
man, those are sexy boxes, but i have had nothing but bad luck with wood boxes. has a classique made of kamagong that split in 2 spots, now its fire wood. also picked up a no name kamagong box mod that did the same. i have since iven up on anymore wood mods.

as for the high power boxes, i had the sigele 100w box and it was fantastic. that was the box i smuggled into singapore when i was down there for a few weeks. the only down side was the manual adjust 510 pin.
i also have a MUMS CX 110w raptor chip mod. that is my daily driver. absolutly fantastic, but pricey.
ithen, for my arounf the house mod, i have the Karbon Mod OKR box. its a 60w OKR chipped box. the thing is just too damned sexy to risk taking it outside and dropping it...

cant go wrong really with the sigele. the 100w V2 is supposed to be even better. it has a spring loaded 510 on it

View attachment 411016
That's a nice collection there. Is that the classique in the pic? I've heard the lighter the tone of the kamagong used the more likely it will be to drying out and cracking. Seems high maintenance. I got a Duquit box on the way, so I'm gonna 'bee' on the lookout for some beeswax to keep the wood supple and minimise the drying out.

Yeah, I'm still contemplating what regulated to pick up, thinking on the 100w+ from sigelei but I wanna see as well about what new yihi chip based mods come out this year. I like the look of the sx mini.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
yeah, that wood one was the classique. i icked up 2 in guam, one for me and one for a coworker. both cracked. i think it was a combination of the dry wood, and the holes they drilled for the atty base and fire button being too small, and possibly stressing the wood.

that Karbon Mod right next to it though, is on point. no cracks, and probably the best finish hand sanded into any mod. not a single rough edge. inside or out.

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
yeah, that wood one was the classique. i icked up 2 in guam, one for me and one for a coworker. both cracked. i think it was a combination of the dry wood, and the holes they drilled for the atty base and fire button being too small, and possibly stressing the wood.

that Karbon Mod right next to it though, is on point. no cracks, and probably the best finish hand sanded into any mod. not a single rough edge. inside or out.
So do you pick up your mods mostly when abroad or do you get them shipped in?

I've been scrolling through the FB groups and some of the box mods look awesome. Still a bit of a mechanical sucker, and some of the pinoy boxes, Critical Minds Omerta at the moment, draw me in! Like you say, some are pricey as tho.

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
ill pick them up while traveling, and also have them shipped to me. after my experiences with the PI kamagong boxes, i have tried to steer clear of anything esle from there. they just seem to always charge more than anyone else. haha

after switching to box mods mods, its kind of hard to go back to a mech tube. just feels odd in my hands now. i have been playing around and making some dual 18650 parallel box mods lately. super simple to make once you get the parts, and the performance with the dual batts, blow a single out of the water. double the MaH, and voltage sag is almost non-existent. i been using 1590G hammond boxes, a fatdaddy vapes 510, and the 3A antivandal buttons from amazon. you can throw a mosfet in if ur worried about the switch rating, but i usually dont go super low Ω, so im not too worried about it. the blue plastic one in that pic was my first home made box. worked like a champ, so now im looking at ways of shrinking them.

for $45 in parts you can have a nice little box mod and have the satisfaction of building it haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread