High Wattage Squonk Mod; Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Glad you found them, I was at work on my phone and it wouldn't cooperate to link them. Looking forward to seeing what you decide.

I put my name on the list for the Catfish. I like the TMods, but I am not a fan of how the atties seem to sit off the deck of the mod. I am not sure what that's all about or even if it's a normal thing with those mods or just what I saw. It seems like I was right in time for the Catfish though.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I am still kinda perplexed that there aren't more. Is it a size issue?

High wattage squonking vapers are a relatively small subset of an already small subset of vapers. My opinion is that the big companies don't see it as a profitable venture, they are producing what they believe will appeal to the largest segment of the vaping population. This is the ideal market segment for boutique vendors such as Tom and Tom to step into and where they can really thrive.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I put my name on the list for the Catfish. I like the TMods, but I am not a fan of how the atties seem to sit off the deck of the mod. I am not sure what that's all about or even if it's a normal thing with those mods or just what I saw. It seems like I was right in time for the Catfish though.
Attys sit flush on tmods. Some folks might be trying to preserve the finish. The 510s are completely adjustable. The catfish DNA 200's will be great. I beta tested one for him. It'll be a winner.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Attys sit flush on tmods. Some folks might be trying to preserve the finish. The 510s are completely adjustable. The catfish DNA 200's will be great. I beta tested one for him. It'll be a winner.

Oh okay, thanks. I had noticed a lot of images of vape bands around the base of the atty, but preserving the finish would explain it because I know (as most do) that an atty will scratch up the surface of a mod in that circular pattern.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
yes...he sends vape bands with the mods. I have a drawer full of vape bands that I'll never use and a shelf full of scratched up tmods that I use everyday. The only thing I hate more than gaps is vape bands!! HAHAAA

tmods 4.jpg

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
yes...he sends vape bands with the mods. I have a drawer full of vape bands that I'll never use and a shelf full of scratched up tmods that I use everyday. The only thing I hate more than gaps is vape bands!! HAHAAA

View attachment 505513

Quote of the day! "The only thing I hate more than gaps is vape bands!! HAHAAA". Right there with you!

Edit: Man, those are some fine lookin' mods though. Ahem, says my wallet.

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Quote of the day! "The only thing I hate more than gaps is vape bands!! HAHAAA". Right there with you!

Edit: Man, those are some fine lookin' mods though. Ahem, says my wallet.

And he didn't even show you his regulated Tmod! Here's a pic from when it belonged to me. ;)

O2dqMof.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
And he didn't even show you his regulated Tmod! Here's a pic from when it belonged to me. ;)

O2dqMof.jpg
I felt that would be kinda braggy.....LOL! Plus, you're a better photographer! I'm still really liking that one....

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi

View attachment 505513
I'm with you, no vape bands for me.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I, too, wanted to get into higher wattage squonking. So, I did something that was amazing.....ly tacky, frustrating, and overall not enjoyable. I shall wait until I have a budget that may support it now that I see Catfish is doing the DNA 200.

This took me two days to build and two days of use before I scrapped the idea and took it all back apart. The internals are the guts of a Sigelei 150w, FatDaddy BF 510 and 15ml bottle. Box was built using Lexan Polycarboante. It was just SO BULKY. It's hard to find a box that will accomidate a chip, series batteires and a bottle and not look like a huge mess.

11348210_128314144182227_246072045_n.jpg

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I think the Wismec Reuleaux, with a retrofit, would make an awesome squonker. Remove 1 battery, add a bottle and BF 510. You would have a dual 18650, 133 watt DNA 200. What do ya think?
11349327_1661731724103078_1900101932_n_1__03081.1445480871.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_4183__94772.1447116026.1280.1280.png
If someone could do this I pay them. I know I couldn't do it myself but I'm wanting to get into bottom feeds and I've been looking for something EXACTLY like this and have not found anything. But your idea is freakin awesome!!!

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
If someone could do this I pay them. I know I couldn't do it myself but I'm wanting to get into bottom feeds and I've been looking for something EXACTLY like this and have not found anything. But your idea is freakin awesome!!!

I talked to a custom mod maker and he said there isn't enough room. But, I think there is with some fancy maneuvering. My skills are not up to it though. I sure would be interested in one.

Reactions: Bella Chic

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I talked to a custom mod maker and he said there isn't enough room. But, I think there is with some fancy maneuvering. My skills are not up to it though. I sure would be interested in one.
Well dang! I'm definitely no modder but it looks like it could be done if you knew what you were doing for sure. I think your idea is freakin amazing and I would happily buy the mod, mail to to the modder and pay to have it made into a squonker. If it could b done it would probably be my very first bottom feed mod ever. I just cannot stand the box shape at all and there is no one I will hold a boxy anything in my hand, its gotta have curve to it and this has curve. I know that probably sounds really stuck up, but it's just my preference. I don't wanna feel like I'm holding a brick, or a paper weight or a deck of cards...just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread