Higher wattage vaping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I am running 56 watts right now. At what wattage will I experience this "burnt" taste?

Oddly enough, On a sub ohm setup on a mech, I can vape ridiculously high wattages. If I drop the same liquid on a vision spinner with a standard res coil, it tastes burnt at too high a voltage. I don't know why it works out like that.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I am running 56 watts right now. At what wattage will I experience this "burnt" taste?

Can't be done .... impossible! Your 0.3 ohm coil will be pulling that 4.2v from a fresh batter down to about 3.6-3.5v under that load.

My question is why do you want to do that anymore when you can get the same vape from a 2 ohm micro coil (~2 amps instead of 12 amps)

Oddly enough, On a sub ohm setup on a mech, I can vape ridiculously high wattages. If I drop the same liquid on a vision spinner with a standard res coil, it tastes burnt at too high a voltage. I don't know why it works out like that.

Air flow.

Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    My question is why do you want to do that anymore when you can get the same vape from a 2 ohm micro coil (~2 amps instead of 12 amps).

No way you are going to get the "same vape" from 8 watts.

Air flow.

In the specific case it's more an issue of juice feeding.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread