history needed,when and why did flavors other than traditional tobacco come into being?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
lol.jpg

is the only argument you need regarding "for the kids". There is flavored tobacco, flavored cigars, flavored alcohol, and flavored toothpaste (which is poison when swallowed). Why should ecigs have to be the only "18+" industry that strays away from flavors?

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
Fruity e-liquid and e-cigs simultaneously came into fruition. It's difficult to show a correlation/causation with a history of e-liquid. While there are some key connections, a lengthy history will only land in a politicians trash. Your argument instead must have quantitive data to validate it. Politicians have neither the time nor the interest to read something too lengthy. While their decisions are salient to us, it is only one minor facet on their agenda. In order to get anyone's interest, let alone get someone to read it, your argument needs to be concise and brief, and every word has to serve a purpose. In order to do prove that adults like/need the fruity/sweet flavors, use scientific data.

You also mentioned that you want to put together a “quasi” historical argument to counter that flavors are not just for kids. If you are writing to politicians, nothing should be quasi about it. They will see right through it, and like I said above, they just will not read something too drawn out.

Here are a few sites that might help with your quest.

Impact of Flavor/Adultst:
http://......................./wp-c...ty-on-Electronic-Cigarette-Use-Experience.pdf

The actual survey:
E-Liquid Preference Survey

French studies (done way before U.S.):
études - Le blog de Jacques Le Houezec

Myths with data:
http://casaa.org/uploads/8_Biggest_Electronic_Cigarette_Myths.pdf

You may also want to show that there are numerous fruity/sweet products marketed to adults:
Mio water enhancer, Centrum adult vitamins (look a lot like candy) Centrum® Flavor Burst® Chewable Multivitamin | Centrum®, yogurt, coffee, etc., etc.

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Going to go ahead and throw this out there...

Flavorings have been in use in tobacco products for a long time. I've never smoked a cig... Rather switched to vaping from being a heavy hookah smoker. I'm not entirely sure when flavorings became prevalent in hookah tobacco... But pretty sure it's been since way before vaping existed.

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
hi all,
i am preparing a response to my senator Dem. Amy Klobuchar who was on the senate commerce committee that performed what can only be described as a drive by shooting this last Wednesday concerning advertising and flavors in e-juice.

<<snip>>

i figured those in the DIY forum would have the incite to point me in the right direction.

regards and thank you for your time.
mike

I would enjoy seeing a copy of your finished product. There will be other places to use this information over the next few months.
Please post here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread