Hit it or Quit it - Raspberry Very Vanilla Cupcake (Raz Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
FOOB, not a fan of this (shock to me) - will let it steep and try again :)

Fob
6mg
kayfun 1.4ohm cotton on a mech

I'm not getting much raspberry flavor with this one. Do I need to sub ohm to get the raspberry on this? Will Nicoticket flavors only taste good with a dual sub-ohm coil at 30 watts soon? Sorry, I'm frustrated with this one as I was looking forward to it.

I love Stawnilla, but the fruit on Raz is just dull, and I'm not getting the fresh raspberries people are talking about. I don't smell much of it in the bottle either. I'll let it steep, but I have to say I'm disappointed. Maybe I'll try building a lower resistance coil.

Raz Cup (for some) is a very deep steep. It definitely likes the heat though!! I'd sit on it - we pre-steep it for 30 days or so... but (keeping in mind I am a juice snob) I sit on mine until a full 90 day steep.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I just got my raz cup in the mail today and boy is it good right out of the mail! I might find it hard to steep this one but im gonna try. I love strawberries and cream juices and raspberries and cream is right behind it, this is my favorite raspberry flavor ive had. Now im sorry I only got a 30ml and not more. I missed the strawnilla I did not wanna miss this one too. Great juice, love it.

Tarja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Paicines, CA
Cracking it opened now with this setup

uploadfromtaptalk1409013458310.jpg

Ill let you know in an hour when the bottle is done.

--Sent from my thermo-pod in the 8th dimension

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Cracking it opened now with this setup

View attachment 368131

Ill let you know in an hour when the bottle is done.

--Sent from my thermo-pod in the 8th dimension

Tarja, good play. I'm running twisted 28 around a 5/64 mandrel 6 wraps and getting .8 ohms. The Raz is kickin!

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Parker, CO USA
Raz Cup with an eGo style battery that has VV (currently set at 3.7 volts) in an Aspire BDC glassomizer tank.
I definitely taste the fresh raspberry. Not a candy flavor but more like the real thing. Not sure about the cupcake part though. It could be due to the glassomizer. It has been steeping for about a week since I got it. I do enjoy it though. Clark pre-steeps everything that so when we do get it, we can vape it right away. I think when I am done with this tank, I will try it in a PT2 or a PT 3 mini. I did get my first dripping stuff today from AlexanderJ. He PiFd me a mech mod and an IGO-W. I did try Frenilla in that but was coughing so bad, I had to put it down. Dripping is not something easy to do when you are just starting out! At least for me!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
2 days later and my mind has already changed. I do like Raz Cup - mixed with Frenilla, heavier on the Frenilla side. which makes me think as it steeps I will come to really appreciate this juice. :) the raspberry is spot-on, just powerful. this is the most "real" or "natural" tasting fruit I've gotten out of a juice. bet it goes great with BP...:D

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
2 days later and my mind has already changed. I do like Raz Cup - mixed with Frenilla, heavier on the Frenilla side. which makes me think as it steeps I will come to really appreciate this juice. :) the raspberry is spot-on, just powerful. this is the most "real" or "natural" tasting fruit I've gotten out of a juice. bet it goes great with BP...:D

How is it different from Strawnilla ? I've yet to try my Raz Cup, it's looking at me right now, begging me to rewick and give it some love :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
How is it different from Strawnilla ? I've yet to try my Raz Cup, it's looking at me right now, begging me to rewick and give it some love :)

Um, I've only hit the Raz a few times and never completely "clean"--that is, dripped onto a wick with Frenilla or CLS each time. Whereas I've vaped SN a lot. So don't take my word for it but...seems to me that at present, the Raz Cup is much more fruit flavored, that is tons of fresh delicious Raspberry vs the Strawberry in SN which is blended so well with the Frenilla. I can't really say how many other notes I get due to the combo effect--but a little Raz goes a long way. 3 drops onto a Frenilla wick was just delicious, as it didn't totally overpower the vanilla taste, but was strong enough to be raspberry forward.

hands down, Raz Cup is tons of raspberry at present, whereas the strawberry took some time to really emerge in SN--for me at least

--edit, if you try it clean, and it's too strong for you, drip a bit of a vanilla juice on it. deeeee-licious.

for me, NOT an ADV, much more of a "hey, I want to have dessert right now" vape :vapor:

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Um, I've only hit the Raz a few times and never completely "clean"--that is, dripped onto a wick with Frenilla or CLS each time. Whereas I've vaped SN a lot. So don't take my word for it but...seems to me that at present, the Raz Cup is much more fruit flavored, that is tons of fresh delicious Raspberry vs the Strawberry in SN which is blended so well with the Frenilla. I can't really say how many other notes I get due to the combo effect--but a little Raz goes a long way. 3 drops onto a Frenilla wick was just delicious, as it didn't totally overpower the vanilla taste, but was strong enough to be raspberry forward.

hands down, Raz Cup is tons of raspberry at present, whereas the strawberry took some time to really emerge in SN--for me at least

--edit, if you try it clean, and it's too strong for you, drip a bit of a vanilla juice on it. deeeee-licious.

for me, NOT an ADV, much more of a "hey, I want to have dessert right now" vape :vapor:

OK, just tried it. I love it. Much better than Strawnilla for me, but I agree with you - the raspberry is very much in the front, I'm not sure I get any cupcake (yet). Will let it steep a bit.

Also a treat-or-dessert-like vape, not and ADV.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Mistike I think we agree 90% or more on our juice taste LOL - constantly :D

I think once it steeps I will prefer it to SN; in some ways already do, but only if I mix it. but to be honest SN is diminishing for me--I like it less than I originally did. I prefer Frenilla to SN, and CLS to Frenilla. I think it boils down to me loving tobacco vapes, and me loving vanilla vapes...everything else is a nice treat :) after 2 months I'm finally realizing where my love lies and it's a great feeling

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Steep time: FOOB

Nic Level: 6mg

Tank/Atomizer (including build info, resistance, etc): RM2 at 1.2ohms and wicked with rayon

Mod: (mechanical, VV). Reo

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: I know a deep steep was recommended, but I had to try it. I've been vaping it for 4 straight days. 2 rewicks later and I'm still going, lol! I think the raspberry/vanilla balance is perfect. Its a light and refreshing vape fresh. I'm not sure I will manage to get to a 90 day steep before running out!

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I Vaped two tanks of Raz Cup before trying to put it away for some steep. Didn't quite see that happening, broke down, and ordered another bottle of it.
    I love this juice. To compare, I also have a bottle of Good Life Vapor's Pink Cupcake (that I ordered after missing the first release of Raz Cup.) I really do not like GLV's juice. Their base is thick, and their flavors taste like syrup- the fruit in their Pink cupcake is dead on strawberry syrup, with some flat bakery syrup mixed in.

I'm sure Raz cup will continue to mix it's flavors as it steeps and will only get better. This flavor is much lighter, sweeter, and perkier than the above mentioned juice.

Today I mixed the remainder of my tank with some heavily steeped CLS and boy is that to die for! The CLS, to me, skipped the steeping required of the vanilla cake of Raz Cup and let me experience a cupcake with icing. Super sweet icing with raspberry. I could Vape this forever.

Tarja

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2014
    Paicines, CA
    Ok, so my update...

Steep time: 1 week out of box

Tank/Atomizer (including build info, resistance, etc): Stillaire (authentic) @ .81 (kanthal 28 gauge), single coil build.

Mod: (mechanical, VV). Nondescript mechanical

Well.

I was hoping for the raspberry, but I just didn't get it. I'm getting a bit more cake, hardly any raspberry. Perhaps my expectations were more of a raspberry donut than a cupcake, IDK. But...the raspberry flavour I didn't get, at all. Seemed rather bland.

I'm going to sit this back in my box to steep a bit more, and then try it on another build (an REO) to see how it plays out. I'm new at dripping and mayhaps I'm just doing something wrong with this. I'll have another update this weekend, from a different device.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com

The flavor load for the respective flavors of Razz Cup is based on the end-state, Razz Cup is still "young" in my mind so yes, Razzberry will be "out front" for most, decreasingly being overtaken with the vanilla cupcake as time progresses.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    Ok, so my update...

Steep time: 1 week out of box

Tank/Atomizer (including build info, resistance, etc): Stillaire (authentic) @ .81 (kanthal 28 gauge), single coil build.

Mod: (mechanical, VV). Nondescript mechanical

Well.

I was hoping for the raspberry, but I just didn't get it. I'm getting a bit more cake, hardly any raspberry. Perhaps my expectations were more of a raspberry donut than a cupcake, IDK. But...the raspberry flavour I didn't get, at all. Seemed rather bland.

I'm going to sit this back in my box to steep a bit more, and then try it on another build (an REO) to see how it plays out. I'm new at dripping and mayhaps I'm just doing something wrong with this. I'll have another update this weekend, from a different device.

Raspberry might be a blind spot for ya T.

Tarja

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2014
    Paicines, CA
    Raspberry might be a blind spot for ya T.

Hmmm not sure about that, my favourite Raspberry (ok Rasp Lemonade) is TKO by Clutch Vapors. I definitely get the raspberry there. However, I've been using a bunch of it...it IS quite possible (as it is super-sweet) that I've given myself a bit of a dry tongue at the moment in regards to the flavour.

In any event, another week won't kill it. And this week, I'm going raspberry free to see if there is a noticeable change.

mistike

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Steep time: BOD 8/21/14

Nic Level: 6

Tank/Atomizer : Magma RDA, 0.9 ohms dual microcoils, rCC wick, 13.5 to 20 watts

Mod: DNA30

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:

I first tried this on the Provari with a single micro-coil (1.9 ohms) in the magma. I got fresh raspberry with little else. Fresh, tart raspberry that tastes like a fresh and tart raspberry. That's rare enough to mention (I hate artificial flavors with a passion). But no cupcake. It's probably rounded up by vanilla, though I can't taste the vanilla itself, but I can tell there's something that balances out the fruit.

Now, on the DNA30 with the dual coil, I can still taste the raspberry more than anything else, but it's creamier, and more subtle. It's more pronounce at lower watts (Oh God, do I sound like a total pro OR WHAT ?!). The "something else" is somewhat more present, but still no cake of any sort.

I love it. I'm not much of a fruit vaper, but I find I really like NT's take on single-berry-dessert vapes. This one is a winner in the making, as I love rasberries. But I really wouldn't mind some cake in there. I agree with the person above who said CLS makes it pop. It does, and that tells me that Razz Cup will shine once it steeps and the cupcake starts coming through.

It's also veeeeery nice with Cheesecake, but cheesecake also needs a lot more steeping, so that's going into my "future awesome vapes" box.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2013
    www.nicoticket.com
    Steep time: BOD 8/21/14

Nic Level: 6

Tank/Atomizer : Magma RDA, 0.9 ohms dual microcoils, rCC wick, 13.5 to 20 watts

Mod: DNA30

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:

I first tried this on the Provari with a single micro-coil (1.9 ohms) in the magma. I got fresh raspberry with little else. Fresh, tart raspberry that tastes like a fresh and tart raspberry. That's rare enough to mention (I hate artificial flavors with a passion). But no cupcake. It's probably rounded up by vanilla, though I can't taste the vanilla itself, but I can tell there's something that balances out the fruit.

Now, on the DNA30 with the dual coil, I can still taste the raspberry more than anything else, but it's creamier, and more subtle. It's more pronounce at lower watts (Oh God, do I sound like a total pro OR WHAT ?!). The "something else" is somewhat more present, but still no cake of any sort.

I love it. I'm not much of a fruit vaper, but I find I really like NT's take on single-berry-dessert vapes. This one is a winner in the making, as I love rasberries. But I really wouldn't mind some cake in there. I agree with the person above who said CLS makes it pop. It does, and that tells me that Razz Cup will shine once it steeps and the cupcake starts coming through.

It's also veeeeery nice with Cheesecake, but cheesecake also needs a lot more steeping, so that's going into my "future awesome vapes" box.

The challenge with combining fruit and bakery together in a single vape is that they fruit always emerges before the bakery - part of the "art" if you will is managing the flavor load for the end-state so that when the bottle reaches it's "resting state" the vape tastes as intended. I am sitting in mine to, despite the 30 day pre-steep. The inordinately long steep time is the reason it won't make the cut.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    The challenge with combining fruit and bakery together in a single vape is that they fruit always emerges before the bakery - part of the "art" if you will is managing the flavor load for the end-state so that when the bottle reaches it's "resting state" the vape tastes as intended. I am sitting in mine to, despite the 30 day pre-steep. The inordinately long steep time is the reason it won't make the cut.

Nooooooooooooooooooo it's still good enough for the cut! :B

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Steep time: FOOB

Nic Level: 12mg

Tank/Atomizer (including build info, resistance, etc): Quasar RDA 1.0ohms cotton

Mod: (mechanical, VV). Hana v3 at 11 watts

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: Did a quick check of this when it showed up yesterday. Not sure what to think yet. It's not a simple flavor to be sure. I tried it in a RDA since my Spheroids were already loaded with other stuff. Unfortunately, dripping 12mg makes me lightheaded so it didn't get too much time with it. Initial impression was that it tasted like I was vaping that head shop strawberry incense I remember from college. Not bad, but it took me by surprise as I was expecting pastry and not perfume. After a few drips at some higher wattage I got much more of the berry flavor and less incense/perfume/flowery taste. I'm going to try this in a Spheroid tonight with some nice German silica at 1.5ohms. The Spheroid really intensifies (for me) whatever individual flavors there are in any juice. When I can run a few ml's of this through while kicking back with some coffee, I'll know more. Anyhow, it's good so far, but still has some secrets to reveal I think. NOTE: I need to remember to order 12mg AND 6mg next time I get some "complex" liquid like this. Those 12mg RDA headaches are a bee stitch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread