Hittman's Hideout

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The meet with the contractors today went well. And the people they gave me as references all said good, but honest, things (like changing stuff in the middle slowed things down and made it more expensive) So, as long as the estimate hasn't changed much in the past 3 months we'll probably move to contract.

Good luck with a kitchen renovation, PT. Hitt's right, your new one is just a bit samller than the old ;)

Reactions: hittman

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Good morning

I doubt it'll be done by. It should only take a couple of months, but start date depends on bank hoops. If mom's house sells right away and she gets her in mid-october, then we'll look at a short-term rental for her. the house across the street from me sold, and will be fixed up as a rental with a 6 month lease...so that could work nicely :)

I don't think the offer on her house came through yet. the realtor told her Sunday that one was in the works, but it may take a few days or they may have decided to old off. She had other views scheduled for yesterday, and it's only been officially listed since sunday.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread